HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

RUMOR: Jagr to Anaheim??? Per Corey Perry

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2003, 05:14 PM
mtyduk8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to mtyduk8
RUMOR: Jagr to Anaheim??? Per Corey Perry

"I talked to (agent Mark Guy) last week when the rumours first came out," Perry said. "He told me there's nothing I could do about it, that there was some talk and that I could be traded.

"He also said that even if Edmonton doesn't happen, then something else could. There were rumours about (Jaromir) Jagr leaving Washington for Anaheim and I was involved in that one, too.

"Other than that, I don't know anything."

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam031211/nhl_anaedm-sun.html

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Old
12-11-2003, 05:16 PM
Ratfinklives

Interesting, I haven't heard anything of this before, but Jagr and Federov together would be just sick.

Old
12-11-2003, 05:22 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratfinklives
Interesting, I haven't heard anything of this before, but Jagr and Federov together would be just sick.
sick indeed. expensive? you better believe it. Those two right there are probably 3/4 of the Pens pay-roll

Old
12-11-2003, 05:25 PM
soya_sauce_chicken

wow...
i have not heard of this one before...
crazy..

Old
12-11-2003, 05:27 PM
Ratfinklives

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
sick indeed. expensive? you better believe it. Those two right there are probably 3/4 of the Pens pay-roll
3/4's? I think they might actually be MORE than the Pen's payroll.... Jagr makes 11, Federov makes 9.... the Penguins salary is only around that range isn't it? (20 Mil range) ... Sad state of affairs no matter how you slice it

Old
12-11-2003, 05:29 PM
Jeff Goldblum

Yeah, lets get back to the rumour instead of talkin aobut the Pens payroll...

Old
12-11-2003, 05:32 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
3/4's? I think they might actually be MORE than the Pen's payroll.... Jagr makes 11, Federov makes 9.... the Penguins salary is only around that range isn't it? (20 Mil range) ... Sad state of affairs no matter how you slice it
You could be right it was about $26.6million this year but that was before Straka was traded or Lemieux took a pay cut
money report
edit: sorry Pens4ever, if it makes you feel better yours and Nashville's pay-roll should be equal now

Old
12-11-2003, 05:34 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

...anyway...

Old
12-11-2003, 05:40 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

lol

What does that have to do with anything?

Old
12-11-2003, 05:42 PM
herecomesdabus

Lets not forget that the Caps are on record as saying they would be willing to eat a huge chunk of Jagr's contract.

Caps are on a huge youth movement. Makes sense.

Old
12-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens4ever
Yeah, lets get back to the rumour instead of talkin aobut the Pens payroll...
I took it as more of a comment on how obscene Fed's and Jag's contracts were than anything negative about the Pens.

Old
12-11-2003, 06:00 PM
Coffey77

I remember hearing rumours that the Capitals offered Jagr to the Ducks at the draft. I wonder how long Bryan Murray is going to wait for Comrie and the Oilers to work out their situation.

Yeah, Jagr and Fedorov would be an awesome duo. However, Babcock would have to ease his defensive system. If Jagr is allowed to do his own thing, he'll do great. If you cut his ice time or make him learn defensive responsibilities, he will whine and not produce.

Old
12-11-2003, 06:04 PM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Where's Anaheim getting this money from all of a sudden?? They wanted Kariya to take a pay cut, then they go and sign Federov with that money and they sign Prospal. Now they want to add more??

Old
12-11-2003, 06:15 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

One strong season, just to prove that investing money into the team is worthwhile. The problem before that no GM was willing to say, if I do this, we will be a better team, no GM was willing to stick their neck out like that, Murray did. Disney is rich, super-rich. Like they are probably one of the biggest owners in the league, if not the biggest.

Old
12-11-2003, 06:34 PM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface
I think its safe to say the Ducks have the richest owner in the league, with the cheapest mentalitiy.

We're talkin about a multi-billion dollar business, the Disneyland/World company owns many things and have rights to a **** load of other things. This is the same company that owns the ABC network and many other things.

If the ducks are gonna be taken seriously they gotta spend the cheddar, getting a guy like Jagr and putting him with Fedorov, it should fill the seats for sure.
Yeah, but if they start spending, people will start accusing them of being like the Rangers. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

As it is, though, they've had several years where they were in the top 7-8 teams in payroll, so I think maybe the, "Disney is cheap," thing is perhaps a little overstated. The problem in the past wasn't that they didn't spend enough, the problem was they were spending almost $20 mil on just two players.

As long as they could get the Caps to pick up a decent chunk of the salary, they'd do very well to look into getting Jags.

Old
12-11-2003, 06:34 PM
Jerky Leclerc

Disney isn't cheap. But they are cost conscious and tend to hire bean counters. That was Pierre Gauthier. The guy wouldn't even take his staff out for dinner. That is just insane. How much does it cost to get a Big Mac, fries, and a large coke? Its not like he had to splurg on the supersize.

Old
12-11-2003, 06:51 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

I don't doubt this can happen, maybe at the All-star break. Jagr will then be paid around $5.5 million for the remaining five years. Him and Fedorov on a line would be killer. Maybe a good passer like Chistov to complete the line.

As for money issues, there's no worries. Disney is rich. Now that Time Warner sold the Thrashers, they are the biggest owner in the NHL. I'm sure they'd pay Jagr's salary. And, the major guys thought to be buying the Ducks are the Maloof brothers, who are also rich and committed to bulding a good team.

I've never thought about it before, but Jagr would probably benefit the Ducks. Him and Feds would put up major points, and attendance would go way up to see these two play on a line.

So I guess if the Comrie deal falls out, this could be a second option. Or somehow, someway, Murray is trying to get both these guys to play. If he could pull a magic act like that, the Ducks would be killer and he'd be hands down THN's executive of the year for a second consecutive year.

Old
12-11-2003, 07:03 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

They've had trouble with GMs who don't spend wisely in the past (Pierre Gauthier, I'm looking at you).

Murray makes deals that make sense, and he clearly has been given the okay to spend wisely.

Old
12-11-2003, 07:18 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
They've had trouble with GMs who don't spend wisely in the past (Pierre Gauthier, I'm looking at you).

Murray makes deals that make sense, and he clearly has been given the okay to spend wisely.
fedorov + prospal are payed wisely ...
they are payed 10m$ and 6,5m$ respectively!!! (source NHLPA)
**** !
and also if you add the fact that kariya signed for 1,2m$ ...

Old
12-11-2003, 07:46 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wilson
Where's Anaheim getting this money from all of a sudden?? They wanted Kariya to take a pay cut, then they go and sign Federov with that money and they sign Prospal. Now they want to add more??
Because Bryan Murray didn't feel a one way player who sat around the blueline waiting for the puck was worth 10 million dollars...that and him not showing up in the playoffs contributed to that,he also had three different ten plus game goalless droughts.

i'm not saying Fedorov is worth 10 million but when he's not scoring he is playing defense...Fedorov isn't even playing with Prospal and Sykora and he's putting up pretty good offensive numbers drawing the opposing teams top checking line and top defensive pairing, he's been playing with no goal Chistov and "third liner" Andy McDonald.

Plus there were rumors Kariya agreed to the paycut but nobody knows for sure.

Old
12-11-2003, 08:03 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface
I think its safe to say the Ducks have the richest owner in the league, with the cheapest mentalitiy.

We're talkin about a multi-billion dollar business, the Disneyland/World company owns many things and have rights to a **** load of other things. This is the same company that owns the ABC network and many other things.

If the ducks are gonna be taken seriously they gotta spend the cheddar, getting a guy like Jagr and putting him with Fedorov, it should fill the seats for sure.

Hell if i was in Cali and hated the ducks i'd still drive down to watch those 2 play on a line.
1.the ducks have the 5th highest payroll in the NHL
2.Getting Jagr would screw this team after the CBA comes down.
3.We need leaders in our lockerroom not Jagr,he and fedorov are good buddies but we need some role players i'd LOVE Jagr if the ducks only had to pay him 4-5 mil a year. infact some rumors have the caps eating half his contract.

Old
12-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
fedorov + prospal are payed wisely ...
they are payed 10m$ and 6,5m$ respectively!!! (source NHLPA)
**** !
and also if you add the fact that kariya signed for 1,2m$ ...
Fedorovs base salary is 8 million and will be paid 6 million next year.
Prospal has a base salary of 2.5 million.

that is 8 million removed from this years payroll onto next years...Bryan Murray knows what he's doing.

Old
12-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Possibly in several different ways, not all positive.

Old
12-11-2003, 09:50 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
Fedorovs base salary is 8 million and will be paid 6 million next year.
Prospal has a base salary of 2.5 million.

that is 8 million removed from this years payroll onto next years...Bryan Murray knows what he's doing.
so why are they listed 10m$ and 6.5m$ on NHLPA ...
bonus?

Old
12-11-2003, 09:56 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Yes. 2 million bonus for Fedorov and 4 million for Prospal.

Closed Thread