HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Rivet Practices With Team

Old
03-03-2007, 01:56 AM
milou

vCash: 500
quotes from fans of Rivet , in answer of my posts

" Some of you jokers haven't a clue why Rivet lost his jump..."

"La Presse bastardizes the truth in almost every article they write"

"where it was TOLDING" If this is how you brutalize the English language then you and that joker from La Presse wouldn't understand what Rivet was saying anyway."

"You are the kind of biased fan that brings shame to the rest of us"

"It never ceases to amaze me the pure idiocy of some Habs fans "

"...then you have more then a few loose screws pal!! "

"Yeah, it came from Lapresse...so it's BS. "

It's easy to do personal attack . It's easy to say that Lapresse is all BS .

It's more difficult to have a valid point . Even more to respect someone that doesn't see the things the same way as you .

susceptible these fans , when we touch one of their '' petit anglo " .

And Markimark , english is not my first language , but at least i try to learne it . what a classy guy you are to make fun of that . enculé !

milou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 02:01 AM
bayrider

Watched the game. Rivet looked better than he did all season with the Habs. He showed some offensive flare tonight at one point that was reminiscent of Markov. You can tell that he still has to adjust to the SJ system and not from Carbo's dump from center policy though. Overall, Rivet had a good game + he did get a goal.

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 02:03 AM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Rivet was very good today. I didn't notice him that much, and that's a good thing for a defensive defenseman. He had the only Sharks goal, and didn't get obviously beat, unlike Gorges. 22:58 in ice time, +1. When Hannan gets back, his ice time will decrease, and I think his play will continue to rise.

Thanks to Thresher for the pic. Best of luck with Josh Gorges, who, like Rivet, is quite a warrior.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 02:11 AM
madbox

As soon as I flipped to the game I hear a "Rivet to Thornton" pass... eugh, guess I'll get used it. lol. Was ever so happy to see him score a goal, he looked good, happy and almost relieved I found. Too bad the Sharks couldn't complete a comeback.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 04:40 AM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayrider View Post
Watched the game. Rivet looked better than he did all season with the Habs. He showed some offensive flare tonight at one point that was reminiscent of Markov. You can tell that he still has to adjust to the SJ system and not from Carbo's dump from center policy though. Overall, Rivet had a good game + he did get a goal.

I'm glad for Rivet. Hope he does well in San Jose....he was a class act when for many years here....let's hope he gets a ring. He will do well once some of the intense pressure around here is off him

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Markimark

Quote:
Originally Posted by milou View Post

"where it was TOLDING" If this is how you brutalize the English language then you and that joker from La Presse wouldn't understand what Rivet was saying anyway."

It's more difficult to have a valid point . Even more to respect someone that doesn't see the things the same way as you .

And Markimark , english is not my first language , but at least i try to learne it . what a classy guy you are to make fun of that .

Believe me, I was not making fun of you, just trying to make a "VALID POINT". If you don't have a good handle on the language it is easy to misinterpret.
But, your biased posts about Rivet make no "valid points". They are based on La Presse's propaganda. Those journalists had a dislike for Rivet because he was a Anglophone leader on what they would like to see as a Francophone team.
The biggest problem Montreal has is the French media and their agenda....it's counter productive in helping the team. There is so much politics around this team it's sickening!!!
If you want to debate Rivet's value, thats fine but give us facts that can be proven not hear say.

enculé !

Last edited by Markimark: 03-03-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Markimark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Evil Ted

Quote:

My question here was more what is all that sudden love for that bellow average player . You find curious to read negative post for a player that spent his career here ? happy that you didn't read the threads of the fans , when Brisebois went away ! And Brisebois was a way more important for the team .
Again your bias opinion gets in your way, if hes a below average player Sharks would not want him, just read what everyone else has been feeding you in this thread you will see your part of the minority on your opinion and not the majority.

We got a 1st round pick of the guy a team on the cusp of winning the cup wanted him he is hardly a below average player, you need to watch a few more hockey games there bud.

Or just read what the sharks fans are saying about him he played 22 min lastnight which last time I checked is not what a below average player should be logging, just because you have a hate on for this guy doesnt make him any less of a player.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Markimark

Quote:

And Markimark , english is not my first language , but at least i try to learne it . what a classy guy you are to make fun of that . enculé !

Hey Milou...thought you'd like to read this off another Habs site.Subject: Spector: Why isn't Montreal attractive to UFAs?

Spector goes over several reasons for this in his Soapbox, but the one that stands out is this:

"The French media are also very demanding when it comes to language. A perfect example occurred during last spring's playoffs, when a Francophone reporter took Habs captain Saku Koivu to task last spring during a press conference over the status of his injured eye.

Koivu has been the heart and soul of the Canadiens for years, beloved by their fans, yet the fact he still hasn't fully mastered French was a more important issue for that reporter than the status of Koivu's injured eye. That didn't go unnoticed."

Munro’s comment:
As long as the hateful, spiteful members of the French media continue their campaign of intolerance, as long as they try to make language more important than hockey, Hab fans can forget about any significant UFAs signing in Montreal. I believe the way Koivu was treated last year was the main reason Elias, Shanahan, and Arnott had no interest in signing with the Habs. And these hypocritical so-called journalists have the unmitigated gall to deny their responsibility for this problem.

Markimark is offline   Reply With Quote