HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game Of The Year?!?!

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

vCash: 500
Game Of The Year?!?!

Someone send that game tape to people worried about the state of the game. For those of you lucky enough to watch this game, you can probably agree that that was one heck of a game. 2 Golden oppertunities foiled for York and Dvo late but we salvaged a tie, refs were blind in OT and SJ almost won it with 1.2 seconds left, but it caught enough off the post to stay out. Great game, but it's a shame we only got 1 point.

Old
12-11-2003, 08:19 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

I'll summarize the game that I seen on Fox (by the way, the SJ announcers of FOX are on some sort of illegal substance, they were very very annoying, the guy new his hockey, but still very hard to listen to.

Summary: Even first period, Oilers dominate the 2nd, SJ dominates the 3rd. Moreau was amazing tonight, as was Marleau for the Sharks. Hemsky's goal was magnificent, and the announcer mentioned that he and Craig Simpson were working on shots from that very spot in practice and Hemsky kept missing the net, well come game time he hit it. Both goalies were alright, Nabakov made some garganchuan saves and faced about 45-50 of them in his first game back from injury. The 4th line was pretty solid, Isbister looked great. Torres, York, Dvorak all played well but were all snake bitten when it game to scoring. Good defensive game, Noone played any better or any worse than anyone else back there. thats all for now, Im sorry my summary is pretty weak but I still have the adrenaline flowing through me after that entertaining game.

Old
12-11-2003, 08:25 PM
FacelessButcher

Best game I watched so far this year. L.A. & Ottawa one on Oct. 15th is a close second.

Old
12-11-2003, 08:29 PM
Walsher

Mowzie - they gave Ryan Smyth a star. I watched some of the game and listened to the rest and it is clear he wasn't in the top 7 players or more. How did you see it tonight.

Old
12-11-2003, 08:41 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

He was solid but...

E.Moreau
J.Smith
T.Conklin
R.Torres
B.Isbister
A.Hemsky
R.Dvorak

all deserved it as much or more than Smyth did.

Old
12-11-2003, 08:41 PM
cram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
Mowzie - they gave Ryan Smyth a star. I watched some of the game and listened to the rest and it is clear he wasn't in the top 7 players or more. How did you see it tonight.
Smyth was crap, continually overskated the puck and made bad passes, he did work hard in the corners and won some battles, but nothing to write home about...I guess now a days that warrants a star, or someone was watching another game, maybe they meant Jason Smith and botched it, he had a hell of a game.

Old
12-11-2003, 08:42 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
He was solid but...

E.Moreau
J.Smith
T.Conklin
R.Torres
B.Isbister
A.Hemsky
R.Dvorak

all deserved it as much or more than Smyth did.
And thats just looking at the Oilers, there were probably 4 or 5 Sharks that deserved it too.

Old
12-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram
Smyth was crap, continually overskated the puck and made bad passes, he did work hard in the corners and won some battles, but nothing to write home about...I guess now a days that warrants a star, or someone was watching another game, maybe they meant Jason Smith and botched it, he had a hell of a game.
This is a reocurring trend. Smyth a game star in a game he did little in. The way I saw it:

Nabokov - 38 saves
Conklin - 28 saves
Marleau - 2 goals and dominant
Smith - 1 and 1 for 2 points
York - all over the ice and 1 assist
Moreau - seemed to be strong all night
Hemsky - beauty goal and good effort

Smyth - 0 points, invisible, bad passes, bad decisions, misconduct in OT.

Maybe someone can explain it to me. I am lost for an explanation myself.

Old
12-11-2003, 08:51 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

I dont think he played terrible, I noticed him make some smart plays, but without a shadow of a doubt, E.Moreau and J.Smith deserved it ten times over.

Closed Thread