HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do we need more THAN a #2 center?

Old
03-03-2007, 12:41 PM
e-e

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
how about
Higgins Koivu Ryder
Latendresse Stumple Kovalev
Kostitsyn Lapierre Prez
Begin Pleks
stumpel sucks...don't want him

e-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post

That's garbage. Carbo is a professional. The rampant prejudicial comments about french people, athletes, media and coaches are very annoying in this place.
Well, I'm francophone... and Carbonneau sucks. He's in way over his head - not only he hasn't been able to adjust at all during the slump and is piss poor at managing his assets, he can't even adjust in real time during the game. One of the worst coaches we've had in Montreal lately (and yes, I include Julien, Therrien, Vignault... not sure if he's as bad as Tremblay yet - he'd have to stoop really low for that). Thing is, can't keep firing coaches either so I'm torn about what should be done. Maybe he'll learn and become better over time... but it has to be soon.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MTL-rules

An offensive star!

...and a close 2nd : A much better coach!

The defense alright, but the problem is that our team spends 3/4 of their time in the defensive zone. If we had actually some kind of offense (and system), we would spend time in their zone and therefor less goals against!

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Alright, dude, live with the blindfold of your eyes if you want.
Will do. I guess I'm just another moron fooled by the french media into rooting for the Habs and the coach we had in place for sixty-seven games as of now. Silly me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
Well, I'm francophone... and Carbonneau sucks. He's in way over his head - not only he hasn't been able to adjust at all during the slump and is piss poor at managing his assets, he can't even adjust in real time during the game. One of the worst coaches we've had in Montreal lately (and yes, I include Julien, Therrien, Vignault... not sure if he's as bad as Tremblay yet - he'd have to stoop really low for that). Thing is, can't keep firing coaches either so I'm torn about what should be done. Maybe he'll learn and become better over time... but it has to be soon.
All valid points. You base your opinion on something real, something actually related to his performance as a coah. not a biased opnion based on your misunderstanding of the man or the situation of the team in this city. I can respect that.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Dark4ng3l

I think the reason our powerplay has been good is that the team actually tries to play offensive hockey during the powerplay, something that is not allowed by the 5on5 system.

Dark4ng3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 01:21 PM
KaTaKlIsM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
A real #1 center would be a nice start.
+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KaTaKlIsM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Teufelsdreck

Right now, the Habs combine atrocious goaltending with porous defense. Getting a talented offensive center wouldn't begin to address these more critical problems. Florida has Jokinen, and Horton could do a fine job as well at that position, but the Panthers are in the toilet.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Right now, the Habs combine atrocious goaltending with porous defense.
Also, we're one of the worst teams in the league in terms of discipline. Penalties have killed us.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark4ng3l View Post
We need a coach that will at least try a different system, one that is more adapted to the smaller skilled forwards that we have.
Frankly, I don't know what Carbonneau is trying to accomplish. Exactly what is his system? The only consistent line has been the third, almost entirely because of Bonk and Johnson. What will happen if they don't re-sign?

Gainey should acquire some larger skilled forwards to complement the smaller ones by creating more space for them and by prolonging puck possession in the attack zone.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Ryan O'Byrne

I would like them to sign smyth too ,but thats not likely.But if we did I would put him with higgins and Koivu. Then package Ryder with another player and/or pick for a young top 4 D

Higgins-Koivu-Smyth 12M
Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev 6.5M
Samsonov/*-******-Perezhogin/* 6.5M
Latendresse-Lapierre-Begin 3M

Komisarek-Markov 6.5M
Souray-Streit or ***** 7.5M
Dandenault/*-Streit or ****** 3M

Huet 4M
Halak

Scratches:
Gorges 2M
Ferland
Milroy

total 51M ,but my numbers are guess's and are high ,Because I find it better to go high then to go to low and I was to lazy to check .Then again who know's what these guys could get .So it could be under 48 M which the cap could be going up too. the 51 M would go down alot if we can't sign one or both of Souray or Markov plus Smyth
It would save some thing like 5-15M ,but then we would need to get 1,2 or 3 top 4 D

***** means UFA,Prospect/ young player
/* means maybe traded ,but if not that's where I put them for now.

Last edited by Ryan O'Byrne: 03-03-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Ryan O'Byrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 02:44 PM
maci4life

cha ching!!

you got it.

maci4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 11:30 PM
missthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6 View Post
A 1 st line center!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying we should get rid of koivu, but I see him playing in a second line role. We need a reel first line center!
If your going to pay Saku 4.75 million dollars as a second line center what will we pay for a first line center? our hands are tied witk Saku playing the number 1 position for three more years.

missthenet is online now   Reply With Quote