HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

GDT | March 3rd | Blues @ Rangers | RANGERS WIN 3-2 SO

Old
03-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Padawan
Former *********

vCash: 500
You can all thank me for the win tonight. I got home, noticed that Rangers' game was on, turned on the tv and bam! Rangers goals started to happen!

Seriously though, it's been a while since I've been writing here and seen a Rangers game so I can't say much. Clearly Jarkko is an assett to this team and I hate Avery to the bone but I have my reasons.

Good win and hopefully there's more to come.

Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 03:29 PM
eco's bones

That was an ugly ugly win. That first goal given up by Valiquette. That was really bad. He played okay after that but that took a lot of wind out of our sails. As far as the shootout Stempiak and Weight scored easily and he was a little lucky with the Boyes shot. Avery . Prucha--best two players out there. Hossa is money on the shootout. I think he may have won me over to his side finally.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 03:30 PM
DontStaal

how about this stat

Prucha led the team with 4 hits

BOOYA!

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 03:31 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan View Post
You can all thank me for the win tonight. I got home, noticed that Rangers' game was on, turned on the tv and bam! Rangers goals started to happen!

Seriously though, it's been a while since I've been writing here and seen a Rangers game so I can't say much. Clearly Jarkko is an assett to this team and I hate Avery to the bone but I have my reasons.

Good win and hopefully there's more to come.
clearly? based on the one period you saw?

Jarkko has been invisible mostly

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
clearly? based on the one period you saw?

Jarkko has been invisible mostly
Based on the one face off I saw. Obviously I wasn't totally serious with that comment. D'uh.

Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 03:36 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

I won't be in the next GDT during the game as after I left my computer after frustrating following the 2nd, we launched the comeback. Thought despite the lackluster start, the teamplayed tough and hard. They threw everything at the net before finally breaking through. Thought Isbister looked real strong and physical, using his size. Avery and Prucha, like others have had said, were phenomenal. Marcel continues his strong play. Ortmeyer has really improved offensively. Sure, he hasn't found the net, but he is finding himself in good offensive positions. Sanford made solid saves on a couple of good one timers. Thought Rachunek had one of his better games, as that shot was unreal, on a nice little pass from Mara. Just a good, hard played game. Give Valiquette credit, he did bounce back. That lunging save was huge and he was pretty solid after the tough start. Can't wait for Monday night!

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
hey inferno
to each his own man, i thought it was pretty lackluster, the officiating during the penguin game was awful, some of the worst ive seen since... the devil games.

it just amazes me that every little hook can be called, but a crosscheck which could really hurt someone is not called, and that is my beef.

and the brewer highstick on nylander should have been a double minor, but we won, which really was a miracle
I think the problem w/ Avery is hes known for being a diver. Its something I HATE in the game and i think Avery has toned it down a bit, but still dives a lot. when a player dives as much as he does, its really hard to know when its a crosscheck that was legit, or a light bump that he embellished.

Avery has nobody to blame buy himself.

You think Avery would have got the same call Prucha got on the pure hustle play? probably not.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Pizza

Wow....I mean just WOW!!!! Just when you thought the Rangers were dead and buried they pull out a great come back win.

Vally gets a big, big win.

Avery continues to be very special as a Ranger. As reluctant as I was to see him in blue, I'm now sold on the guy. He's made a believer out of me. Always bringing that little extra to the ice, every game. Amazing, really. Dare I say it? No I won't say that yet....

Prucha and Hossa continue to impress the hell out of me the way they are turning their seasons around.

Can't wait to watch the replay of this game.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Never shut the TV off, you just never know. In the new NHL 3rd period leads mean nothing.
I am not a big stats fan, but I remember hearing a interesting one.

It might have been in 2002, or around that time, in that entire season something like 14-15 two goals leads gooing into the 3rd were lost/turned around in the entire season, which were a record low ever in the NHL.

Thats the big diffrence with these rulechanges. You can't shut down a game the same way. Goals totals aren't up by all that much, but these days most games are exciting for 60 minutes.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Ola

Only saw the latter parts of the 3rd, and they showed some highlights of Nylanders open nets.

Thoose were bad, but he played extremely well late in the 3rd. I've been dissapointed with Nylanders play during stretches this season, don't think he have had the same jump as he usually have. But when he plays like he did in the 3rd and in OT he is a freakin steal for 2-3m.

I mean, we iced a awful team tonight, we really did. There aren't more then 15 players in this league who individually can bring the amount of offense Nyls
contributed with in the 3rd.

The man got some serious flaws, and can be really frustrating to watch, but he should get credit for what he does well to, and he were fantastic late in the game tonight.

Old
03-03-2007, 04:03 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I think someone (Brodeur) had suggested that and when it was mentioned at the GM meetings one GM called it idiotic.
was his name Mike Milbury?

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 04:04 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
id prefer something like..

regulation win:3 points
OT/ SO win:2 points
OT/SO loss:1 point
regulation loss:0 points

(only difference from yours, i dont want 4 on 4 to be removed.)
me too, i just went straight to the shootout in an attempt to make sbob happy.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 04:05 PM
FLYLine24*

Good come back.

Nylander missing that open net was just horrendous.

Wasn't a fan of Isbister playing on the top line, he had one good shift and he got moved to the top line? Our kids have to play 10 good games to move down 1 damn line.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 04:07 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Good come back.

Nylander missing that open net was just horrendous.

Wasn't a fan of Isbister playing on the top line, he had one good shift and he got moved to the top line? Our kids have to play 10 good games to move down 1 damn line.
Isbister played a strong game IMO. Was good with the puck down low, got the puck deep and threw the body.

Old
03-03-2007, 04:10 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Isbister played a strong game IMO. Was good with the puck down low, got the puck deep and threw the body.
I thought he had a good game also, but he could have played that game on the 3rd line instead of Hossa being moved to the 3rd line. The first line didn't have as many chances IMO when Isbister was placed there.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 04:14 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
was his name Mike Milbury?
don't think so...think it was someone from out west. It was mentioned at the bottom of one of a recent Rangers article...but I can't seem to find it now.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 05:08 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I thought he had a good game also, but he could have played that game on the 3rd line instead of Hossa being moved to the 3rd line. The first line didn't have as many chances IMO when Isbister was placed there.
Agreed, and thought about that during the game. My conclusion was that Renney is so encouraged by Hossa's play that he figured that placing him on a different line would make the lines even deeper. I thought Hossa played another strong game and sort of did that. Pure speculation on my part, but I think it's reasonable.

Old
03-03-2007, 05:09 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
Just got home from the game! Garden went crazy after that win. It was a real enjoyment.

This is my first time going to a Ranger game this season where the won. Meaning my record for Ranger game wins/losses is 1 win and 6 losses.

Vally had 2 game savers in that game (one that I believe hit off his facemask and the other in the shootout)

Jagr was flat out brilliant in that game. It was the first time he has ever played good defense.

I decided that I would buy myself a Hossa jersey.

I think the fact that I got Edy's icecream during second intermission the Rangers scored. It was Double Dutch Chocolate with M&M's.

Game was great, drive home was great. Today is amazing.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 05:24 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal_NYR View Post
Just got home from the game! Garden went crazy after that win. It was a real enjoyment.

This is my first time going to a Ranger game this season where the won. Meaning my record for Ranger game wins/losses is 1 win and 6 losses.

Game was great, drive home was great. Today is amazing.
It's amazing how much better it feels leaving the Garden after a win. Enjoy your high.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Quote:
It's amazing how much better it feels leaving the Garden after a win. Enjoy your high.
The feeling leaving the place was just the opposite on thursday night.

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Ola

Quote:
Felt good infront of the TV too.

Was a joy watching Valley's expression after the game. Its not unlikely that Stephan Valiquette will remember this night for the rest of his life. These kind of moments is whats truely great with sports.

Old
03-03-2007, 05:56 PM
rustycage87

Really was an awesome game.. Nylander missed those 2 empty netters, but im glad to see him not so reluctant to shooting. might have had a goal on the play where girardi got called for interference as well. great job by valiquette after the 1st. Honestly i didnt think he was going to stop boyes in the shootout but he did and kept it going. and hossa is just money... anyway way to go Rangers on this one. showed me a lot. now its time to turn this gravy train around against the fish sticks and leap-frog 'em in the standings. Lets go rangers!

rustycage87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Felt good infront of the TV too.

Was a joy watching Valley's expression after the game. Its not unlikely that Stephan Valiquette will remember this night for the rest of his life. These kind of moments is whats truely great with sports.
Heck Yea! I know we all think in terms of the NHL, but man the AHL is not too shabby as well. It's still big time hockey and there is some interaction with the greatest professional league's parent teams.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Just got back from the game and wow was it fun!!!! The crowd was in it, which was good and bad at times. The game even featured a "we suck" chant comming from the 400 section when the Rangers were down by 2. All in all important points were gained and they need to take the confidence from this game and take it to the Isles on monday. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
I think our playoff chances rely all on the next two games against the Isles...win em both we're practically in the playoff picture, lose one of em and it's going to be hard to make, lose em both and you can say its all over... let's pray the Rangers can take both games.

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote