HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trent Whitfield

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2003, 11:40 PM
Kegger

vCash: 500
Trent Whitfield

Trent was called up by the Capitals yesterday morning. (Confirmed with a couple players and organization member). He didn't make it to Washignton in time for the game last night, but I expect him to be available for next game.

Old
12-12-2003, 05:43 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Someone hurt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethKeggins
Trent was called up by the Capitals yesterday morning. (Confirmed with a couple players and organization member). He didn't make it to Washignton in time for the game last night, but I expect him to be available for next game.
Or maybe a trade brewing?

Old
12-12-2003, 06:13 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon
Or maybe a trade brewing?

No, Whitfield's there because of Semin to World Juniors, I suspect.

Old
12-12-2003, 06:37 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH
No, Whitfield's there because of Semin to World Juniors, I suspect.
That could be, but there is still no announcement from the capitals regarding whitfield.

Old
12-12-2003, 07:36 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
That could be, but there is still no announcement from the capitals regarding whitfield.
Well I believe Seth, TXPD, Portland has added Mike Souza and Tim Branham from the ECHL on PTO's beginning tonight @ Lowell.

Old
12-12-2003, 09:30 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH
Well I believe Seth, TXPD, Portland has added Mike Souza and Tim Branham from the ECHL on PTO's beginning tonight @ Lowell.

I am not arguing with you. I am just saying that as of 2:30pm today there is no announcement on the Caps website. No transaction has accured and Whitfield is not listed on NHL.com on the Cap roster, Zinger is.

why would the Caps yank Whitfield out of the depleted Portland lineup for a friday game when the Caps are idle?

Old
12-12-2003, 10:44 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

I hope to god that this is the start of fixing things in this organization. For godsake send Gordon down when the Whitfield callup is made official. And when Nylander comes back, please send Sutherby down. Whitfield deserves to be up just based on the merit of his play this season in Portland. Plus, what he showed at the end of last season and in the playoffs proved to me at least that he is absolutely capable of playing 4th line center in the NHL.

I know P's fans won't like losing their captain for the season, but I have a feeling that getting Sutherby and Gordon in return would take the edge off that.

Let these kids develop the right way: 20 minutes a game, learn how to take a faceoff, PP ES and SH, expected to score, expected to lead etc. And let them play with Cutta and Fussey, and possibly hang out in Yonkman's padded room. These guys are kids, I'm more than happy to give them another year. And they're not contributing to wins in Washington anyways.

Lang
Nylander
Halpern
Whitfield

Sutherby
Gordon
Ulmer
Methot

Old
12-12-2003, 12:41 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsFan@Vassar
I hope to god that this is the start of fixing things in this organization. For godsake send Gordon down when the Whitfield callup is made official. And when Nylander comes back, please send Sutherby down. Whitfield deserves to be up just based on the merit of his play this season in Portland. Plus, what he showed at the end of last season and in the playoffs proved to me at least that he is absolutely capable of playing 4th line center in the NHL.

I know P's fans won't like losing their captain for the season, but I have a feeling that getting Sutherby and Gordon in return would take the edge off that.

Let these kids develop the right way: 20 minutes a game, learn how to take a faceoff, PP ES and SH, expected to score, expected to lead etc. And let them play with Cutta and Fussey, and possibly hang out in Yonkman's padded room. These guys are kids, I'm more than happy to give them another year. And they're not contributing to wins in Washington anyways.

Lang
Nylander
Halpern
Whitfield

Sutherby
Gordon
Ulmer
Methot
Then answer this question Why did Portland recall Branham and Souza if the Caps are idle,CapsFan@Vassar?????????????

Old
12-12-2003, 12:55 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

http://www.washingtoncaps.com/news/i...cont_id=218873

It's finally official.

Old
12-12-2003, 06:37 PM
jr77812

Not Ivan the Terrible...can't GM just send him to the Berlin Caps or something... sigh...

At least Portland got back on the winning track too. Nice to see both teams in the W column. A little change is good for everyone.

Old
12-13-2003, 07:36 AM
Killerbeez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr77812
Not Ivan the Terrible...can't GM just send him to the Berlin Caps or something... sigh...

At least Portland got back on the winning track too. Nice to see both teams in the W column. A little change is good for everyone.
I was hoping when we heard Ciernik's name again that outright release would be the words right after it.

Closed Thread