HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calgary at Edmonton "The Battle Of Alberta"

Old
03-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

vCash: 500
I think it is safe to say Hemsky hurt the same shoulder he injured earlier this year against Boggard.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 01:31 AM
gr8haluschak

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerlova View Post

Roli also sucks at playing the puck and should never do it. The guy always messes up and makes things worse for our defense.
What the hell are you talking about ?

gr8haluschak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 01:32 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
I think it is safe to say Hemsky hurt the same shoulder he injured earlier this year against Boggard.
If so, I'm guessing we'll be allowed to call someone else up with Reasoner on the shelf as well. Brodziak is the most obvious call-up but I would probably give Nilsson a chance simply because we need a guy who can play some minutes on the powerplay.

03-04-2007, 01:33 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8haluschak View Post
What the hell are you talking about ?
Playing the puck. Do you think he is good at it? I don't know how many times he turns it over or just confuses his D. He had that good pass to Peca and likes to bat it out of the zone a lot. But when he comes out of his net to play it, we are generally in trouble.

Old
03-04-2007, 01:35 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
If so, I'm guessing we'll be allowed to call someone else up with Reasoner on the shelf as well. Brodziak is the most obvious call-up but I would probably give Nilsson a chance simply because we need a guy who can play some minutes on the powerplay.
Ya Nilsson could be better but I think Brodziak really needs to get up here.

What more does the guy have to do to get a callup? He has played great all year and there is no reason for him not to get a look. It doesn't make any sense really.

If there are 2 spots, then I would consider bringing up Schremp and Nillson as a package but man that would be a kick to the nuts for Brodziak.

Old
03-04-2007, 01:39 AM
gr8haluschak

Quote:
Playing the puck. Do you think he is good at it? I don't know how many times he turns it over or just confuses his D. He had that good pass to Peca and likes to bat it out of the zone a lot. But when he comes out of his net to play it, we are generally in trouble.
what the hell are you watching ? when was he a liability out there tonight ? for that matter how many times does he give it away like you say.

Old
03-04-2007, 01:40 AM
Digger12

Quote:
He's taken a ton of punishment this year, I wouldn't be surprised if he's been playing hurt for longer than most people think.

If he's buggered that shoulder again, personally I hope the Oiler shut him down for the rest of the year. There's no point in risking him when this season's all but done.

Digger12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 01:46 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
what the hell are you watching ? when was he a liability out there tonight ? for that matter how many times does he give it away like you say.
Not tonight so much. There was one play where he stopped it behind the net and his D went into the corner looking for a pass. He just left it there and the Flames managed to get a lot of pressure out of it?

Well I can't think of a certain instance but he fires it around the boards to their wingers a lot. Maybe I am wrong but I think he is brutal at it.

Nothing wrong with not being able to play the puck, it is only that Roli insists on doing it.

Old
03-04-2007, 01:47 AM
jussiaddict

My friend talked briefly to Smid after the game. They asked what was wrong with Hemsky, and he said he thought it was something with his shoulder again

jussiaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 01:47 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
He's taken a ton of punishment this year, I wouldn't be surprised if he's been playing hurt for longer than most people think.

If he's buggered that shoulder again, personally I hope the Oiler shut him down for the rest of the year. There's no point in risking him when this season's all but done.
Yup. He hasn't really been dangling to much lately and that might have a lot to do with it.

To make myself feel better, I tell myself the hockey gods are giving out all of their bad karma and injuires this year. If we continue to take this beating, you have to think the hockey gods will be good to us next year and we will remain healthy.

Old
03-04-2007, 01:55 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Not tonight so much. There was one play where he stopped it behind the net and his D went into the corner looking for a pass. He just left it there and the Flames managed to get a lot of pressure out of it?

Well I can't think of a certain instance but he fires it around the boards to their wingers a lot. Maybe I am wrong but I think he is brutal at it.

Nothing wrong with not being able to play the puck, it is only that Roli insists on doing it.
I think Roloson plays the puck well enough, but there's been many times to my eye where there's been a major lack of communication between him and the dmen when it comes to playing the puck behind the net.

I'm not sure who you blame for that, though I imagine having as many young dmen as the Oilers have had play games this year hasn't been a help.

Digger12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 01:57 AM
gr8haluschak

Quote:

I have read this and though about it and I still don't know what the hell you are talking about. If you said that he bobbles exchanges or needs to be quicker on the set up for his d man then yes maybe you could have a point but I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Old
03-04-2007, 01:57 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
I think Roloson plays the puck well enough, but there's been many times to my eye where there's been a major lack of communication between him and the dmen when it comes to playing the puck behind the net.

I'm not sure who you blame for that, though I imagine having as many young dmen as the Oilers have had play games this year hasn't been a help.
Perhaps that has something to do with it. He is damn good at stopping the puck behind the net. The problem happens after that, and you are right it might have a lot to do with the D.

Old
03-04-2007, 01:58 AM
gr8haluschak

Quote:

exactly

For the record the d man is to tell the goalie what he wants done with that puck and if there are men comming in on him, the goalie tells the d man what is going one while his back is to the playwhile he is comming into (especially) the lower part of the zone.

Old
03-04-2007, 01:59 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
I have read this and though about it and I still don't know what the hell you are talking about. If you said that he bobbles exchanges or needs to be quicker on the set up for his d man then yes maybe you could have a point but I don't know what the hell you are talking about.
Again, I don't have the games recorded or anything so I can't comment on a specific play. I just have found myself saying stop playing the puck Roli a lot this year.

The next couple of games I will look for it and point it out to you as that is all I can do.

Old
03-04-2007, 04:14 AM
pox

Send a message via MSN to pox
Went to the game tonight

Went to the game tonight, and felt like posting on a few things

First off i would like to say that it was a very entertaining game even though we lost, i honestly lost track of time.

On the Bad side of things

Winchester is well... useless.. all he does is fill a roster spot
Nedved is just well... sucking, i use to try to defend him... but he aways seams just one step behind...

On the Good side

JFJ MAP and Pisani line was always a threat out there, im glad to see JFJ & MAP showing why there still up.
Syvret looks like he should be here.

and on the fence

Roli, brilliant at time and AHL at others.. but more good then bad
Sortini, man does this guy talk... i love it.. but then agine.. he realy is a pylon on there.

General Notes
Man do the retro jerseys look good

pox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 01:36 PM
gr8haluschak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pox View Post
Roli, brilliant at time and AHL at others.. but more good then bad
how did he look AHL at times, jesus people he let in one weak goal and all of a sudden he played bad, wow. If he did not play amazing in the first 40 minutes then we are blown out of the water by the time he lets in the weak 4th goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pox View Post
Sortini, man does this guy talk... i love it.. but then agine.. he realy is a pylon on there.
A pylon, I don't know who you were watching but for being a fighter he actually has some wheels, more so than what Laraque ever did have.

Old
03-04-2007, 01:52 PM
pox

Send a message via MSN to pox
Quote:
how did he look AHL at times, jesus people he let in one weak goal and all of a sudden he played bad, wow. If he did not play amazing in the first 40 minutes then we are blown out of the water by the time he lets in the weak 4th goal.
4th goal was the last go in my mind last night when i got home.. after a nights rest il file him under good

pox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Gamefreak
Bee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
Except that Thoresen was a healthy scratch: he'd have to play in place of an injured Hemsky because the team has used up its allotment of callups this season.

Gamefreak is offline   Reply With Quote