Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I hate NESN

Old
03-05-2007, 05:56 AM
NCHarleyHardtail

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NCHarleyHardtail Send a message via MSN to NCHarleyHardtail Send a message via Yahoo to NCHarleyHardtail
i am greatful for NESN myself I live In Western North carolina and Direct Tv carried NESN But that is just me!

NCHarleyHardtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 06:04 AM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by chippa13 View Post
For all the times that I've watched the B's in 2 this year, I have never seen the Bruins score scroll by on the NESN Edge. I've actually noted the purposeful omission of the B's score when the NHL scores go by.
Same here, though Bruins in 2 is my option of last resort, since they'll cut a goal or skip 10 minutes of gametime, but will keep most of the intermission interviews.

Thats probably my biggest problem with them, they need to cut all the intermission crap and show wall to wall action, in its entirety. Thats why I record the games on my computer when I'm at work, I can fast forward though that crap.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 06:43 AM
dabid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Have you considered hating yourself for falling asleep during a very exciting Bruins/Habs game?
Well, I had been up for 26 hours before the game.. and I didnt fall asleep DURING the game. I fell asleep while Eric Frede was talking. If I stayed up to the game I probably would have watched the whole thing.

See: Last night. I was very tired, watched the whole first period, second game goes to intermission I pass out.

Quote:
Anyone that dislikes NESN, or complains about Bruin's broadcasts has to get Centerice. I didn't really appreciate NESN until I saw what other fans have to tolerate.
I hear ya, some of the FOX Sports Net broadcasts are brutal. We probably have the second best broadcasts in the league, first being SUN Sports in Tampa. I don't really hate NESN, just a heat of the moment title.. they aggravate me alot, IE cutting off in the middle of the Bruins telecast to show something about Daisuke Matsuzaka. Theres more Red Sox shows in the off season, than the Bruins DURING the season. I saw about 2 Bruins related programs the whole offseason last year. Their sponsors make me mad too "Granite City Boston Bruins Extra Postgame WB Mason Electric Final Sports Matsuzaka!"

Last edited by dabid: 03-05-2007 at 06:54 AM.
dabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:35 AM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Quote:
Originally Posted by reject View Post
Well, I had been up for 26 hours before the game.. and I didnt fall asleep DURING the game. I fell asleep while Eric Frede was talking. If I stayed up to the game I probably would have watched the whole thing.

See: Last night. I was very tired, watched the whole first period, second game goes to intermission I pass out.

I hear ya, some of the FOX Sports Net broadcasts are brutal. We probably have the second best broadcasts in the league, first being SUN Sports in Tampa. I don't really hate NESN, just a heat of the moment title.. they aggravate me alot, IE cutting off in the middle of the Bruins telecast to show something about Daisuke Matsuzaka. Theres more Red Sox shows in the off season, than the Bruins DURING the season. I saw about 2 Bruins related programs the whole offseason last year. Their sponsors make me mad too "Granite City Boston Bruins Extra Postgame WB Mason Electric Final Sports Matsuzaka!"
I know what you mean, but the Red Sox do own 80% of NESN and they use it as a propaganda machine to just fill the viewer with as much Red Sox junk as humanly possible. I really dislike the Red Sox ownership for that, but there are a lot more Sox fans than B's fans so I guess we're all SOL.

smithformeragent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:45 AM
dabid

I cant wait for the Red Sox season to start so we can get bumped to the "alternate channel" with the grainy camera quality.

dabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 09:28 AM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
Same here, though Bruins in 2 is my option of last resort, since they'll cut a goal or skip 10 minutes of gametime, but will keep most of the intermission interviews.

Thats probably my biggest problem with them, they need to cut all the intermission crap and show wall to wall action, in its entirety. Thats why I record the games on my computer when I'm at work, I can fast forward though that crap.
Me too. I dvr most games and start watching after the kids are asleep - 8:30 or so - then I can watch at my own pace and skip the intermission filler.

sarge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:21 AM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Quote:
Originally Posted by reject View Post
I cant wait for the Red Sox season to start so we can get bumped to the "alternate channel" with the grainy camera quality.
If the B's are in the hunt don't they bump the Red Sox? We all know how meaningful those early season series against the Tampa Bay's of the world are.Everyone has to get all hyped up early because you know that mid-season collapse is coming . I guess I'm just bitter because the B's can't get no respect!

smithformeragent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:03 AM
wevegotalotoflosses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff6582 View Post

I never got how anyone finds her remotely attractive
in instances like this, when 99.999% of the population feels one way, and you feel the opposite, you may want to ask yourself why you feel the way you do, not the other way around. The rest of us would ask you what you find unattractive about her.

wevegotalotoflosses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Terrier66

Quote:
Originally Posted by wevegotalotoflosses View Post
in instances like this, when 99.999% of the population feels one way, and you feel the opposite, you may want to ask yourself why you feel the way you do, not the other way around. The rest of us would ask you what you find unattractive about her.
I personally find Hazel annoying. She comes across to me as a self-promoter, just waiting to bolt for a national gig. Kathryn Tappen is the "real" deal , and she's eminently more watchable.

Terrier66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Captain Newcastle

Quote:

I never got how anyone finds her remotely attractive
Agreed. She looks like she ran face first into a plate glass window. No body on her either.

Captain Newcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Jeff6582

Quote:
Originally Posted by wevegotalotoflosses View Post
Kind of like how Creed still sells albums

I would explain myself thoroughly but this is probably not the correct venue for that. Do know that my explanation contains the words: silicon, wig, and William Hung (not necesarily in that order)

Jeff6582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 12:41 PM
CaptainChara

Send a message via AIM to CaptainChara
Quote:
I would explain myself thoroughly but this is probably not the correct venue for that. Do know that my explanation contains the words: silicon, wig, and William Hung (not necesarily in that order)

Also agree with earlier poster about Ms. Tappen.

CaptainChara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 12:44 PM
CaptainChara

Send a message via AIM to CaptainChara
Not about hot NESN girls.....

Watching Center Ice has for sure made me appreciate NESN.

I have yet to see one of the 8 million FSN's do hockey justice.

And about HNIC, I guess I'm in the minority. I don't think it "looks" good. Coaches Corner, IMO, looks like it's held in front of a blanket someone hung from the ceiling.

Love the content, hate the looks.

CaptainChara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Jesarino
Verified!

Send a message via ICQ to Jesarino Send a message via MSN to Jesarino Send a message via Yahoo to Jesarino
We don't have it so bad with NESN. NESN HD is like a freezing cold beer with ice dripping off the bottle on 90+ degree summer day. It's that good!

Jesarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Jonathan17
Trollface!

I saw Hazel when she first started at Sportsnet. She was terrible!

She's no Kathryn Humphreys or Jody Vance.

I have to get that copy of Urban Male Magazine with the three of them in it.

Jonathan17 is offline   Reply With Quote