HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leetch-Poti Back To Provide a Rush

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2003, 03:42 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Leetch-Poti Back To Provide a Rush

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...gers-headlines

Old
12-12-2003, 05:54 AM
Fletch

Ooo fun...

I don't like these two as a pair anymore. I don't think it's the position in which Poti should be in. Leetch will be all over the place and Poti going to have to be a safety valve, a position he's not comfortable in, and a position in which he skating and ability to join the rush is hindered.

Old
12-12-2003, 07:14 AM
sickboy35

great???

soft and softer? will this guy ever get it?

Old
12-12-2003, 07:42 AM
True Blue

At this point, I really fail to see how Jackass is an upgrade over Trotts. Lindros a wing? Check. Leetch and Poti as a pair? Check. PK cannot stop anyone? Check. PP cannot score a meaningfull goal? Check. Players cannot play hard for 60 minutes? Check.
Trottier was fired for this. And Trotts did not have Kovalev, Carter, Simon, or Krispy. What is Sather's excuse?

Old
12-12-2003, 07:49 AM
ihatenewjersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
At this point, I really fail to see how Jackass is an upgrade over Trotts. Lindros a wing? Check. Leetch and Poti as a pair? Check. PK cannot stop anyone? Check. PP cannot score a meaningfull goal? Check. Players cannot play hard for 60 minutes? Check.
Trottier was fired for this. And Trotts did not have Kovalev, Carter, Simon, or Krispy. What is Sather's excuse?

agreed, even though sather is the man with the power (GM), i don't think he is the right guy for the coaching job, i'd rather someone else, hell give it to renney or schoney....i'd like to see how they do after a few games

Old
12-12-2003, 07:51 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:

I so want to beat this dead horse. :mad:

there's a list that is knee-deep in reasons that Sather should be fired.

He's a moron.

Old
12-12-2003, 08:00 AM
Melrose_Jr.

If you wanna do something to improve the defense, how about seeing if doctors can surgically separate Joel Bouchard from the bench and have him replace Poti or Malakhov. Although I'm not a big fan of the current pairings, there's only so much you can do with the current personnel.

Old
12-12-2003, 08:06 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
If you wanna do something to improve the defense, how about seeing if doctors can surgically separate Joel Bouchard from the bench and have him replace Poti or Malakhov.
That's something about I've been harping all year. I have absolutely no idea how Bouch is kept out of the lineup. In EVERY game that he has played this year, he was the best defenseman in the lineup. I have no idea of why he is not dressed, anymore than I have no idea how Hlavac is cemented on the 2nd line, or Lindros is a 4th line center or a wing, or why is Holik not allowed to go against the other teams top line on a regular basis.
I think that Jackass is loath to break up the M&M duo becuase he probably thinks that one cannot play well w/o the other. You know that Jackass will never actually take Poti out of the lineup as that will be looked upon as having given up Yorkie for absolutely nothing. DeVries has no shot of not being in the lineup and neither does Kasper. And Leetch is Leetch. How Bouchard is kept out in favor of either of the M&M twins or Poti is unfathomable.

Old
12-12-2003, 08:15 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
I think that Jackass is loath to break up the M&M duo becuase he probably thinks that one cannot play well w/o the other.
Yah, you'd hate to break them up and see their play decline.

Honestly, I'm not a Mironov fan, but he looks like a Norris candidate next to Malakhov. His play has been respectable considering who he's paired with.

Closed Thread