HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

GDT: Predators vs Ducks - 3.4.07

Old
03-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Static

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
He's referring to earlier in the season with a few ducks posters completely discounted a Preds victory due to Ducks injuries.
When?

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:48 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
When?

It was the February game that the Ducks played without Nieds and Co. There was a thread on the main board, and the Ducks injuries came up a time or two. In retrospect, the overwhelming majority of excuses from Ducks fans were pointed squarely at the officials.

Last edited by SmokeyClause: 03-05-2007 at 11:55 AM.
SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Static

Quote:
It was the February game that the Ducks played without Nieds and Co. There was a thread on the main board, and the Ducks injuries came up a time or two. Of course, they couldn't compare to your own astute whining on this very board during that game. I'll give you this, at least you shied away from blaming it on the injuries. Not that you wouldn't have had the refs not fashioned a nice little scapegoat for you.
Um, what?

Here is the GTD: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=330249&page=3

Please show me the 'astute whining'. And dont give me any 'deleted posts' crap because apparently there arent any in that thread.

Hm, edited I see. Whatevs, doesnt matter now. To the playoffs I suppose.

Old
03-05-2007, 02:11 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Um, what?

Here is the GTD: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=330249&page=3

Please show me the 'astute whining'. And dont give me any 'deleted posts' crap because apparently there arent any in that thread.

Hm, edited I see. Whatevs, doesnt matter now. To the playoffs I suppose.
In re-reading the post you responded to (as opposed to my edited version), I think you'll find therein an answer to every question you put forth.

I clearly stated that the post(s) in question come from the main board. And I thought it was clear from my initial post that your 'astute whining' was in reference to the officials, not the injuries. Whatev indeed.

Old
03-05-2007, 06:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

We took 5 of a possible 8 points from the Ducks, while technically splitting the season series.

I'll take that, especially after the beating they laid on us in the first meeting.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Static

Quote:
In re-reading the post you responded to (as opposed to my edited version), I think you'll find therein an answer to every question you put forth.

I clearly stated that the post(s) in question come from the main board. And I thought it was clear from my initial post that your 'astute whining' was in reference to the officials, not the injuries. Whatev indeed.
'this very board' implies the one that we are conversing on, not the main board. And in reference to that, if I ever put forward an opinion that the Predators didnt deserve the points then I will apologize.

Old
03-05-2007, 09:51 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
'this very board' implies the one that we are conversing on, not the main board. And in reference to that, if I ever put forward an opinion that the Predators didnt deserve the points then I will apologize.
Agreed. I was referring to this board.

Breaking down what I said again:

Of course, they [they being those complaining about the officials] couldn't compare to your own astute whining on this very board during that game.

What I was saying was that sojourn's complaining about the injuries on the main board wasn't as great as your referee complaints on this board. And while I think it was more or less heat of the moment stuff, I did get the impression that you didn't feel the Preds were entirely deserving of two points.