HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/4/07.. GDT Colorado Vs. Detroit

Old
03-04-2007, 01:59 PM
ahall89nhl

vCash: 500
well so much for that game

ahall89nhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 01:59 PM
YzermanWings19

Avs win, Osgood with a great save, but couldn't cover.

YzermanWings19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 02:00 PM
YzermanWings19

Schneider with a pathetic effort on the boards, can't blame Ozzy for that one. Gotta be tougher than that.

YzermanWings19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Sadekuuro

Schneider = teh suck

Sadekuuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 02:13 PM
wingnut22

I try to put up with Schnieder, I really do, but he keeps giving me reasons to hate him, and proving that he is more of a detriment than a compliment to this team. In other words, Schnieder sucks and I wish we could have traded him.

wingnut22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 02:26 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Is it too late to trade Schneider? It is? Well ****.

Best game Hudler has ever played IMO. If he can bring that kind of effort every night, he might make it after all ... though I still say he's a 3rd liner, borderline 2nd liner if he does make it.

Would've been nice if the Wings had gotten a couple of power plays in this one, especially considering the amount of interference the Avs were running the whole game.

Lang was piss poor in the first half and better in the second. By next game I predict he'll be back to being piss poor the whole game.

Chelios, Datsyuk, and Lidstrom all pooled their efforts to had that first goal to the Avs. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Boomhower

Schneider's play started it and Lebda's failure to grasp even one of the most basic defensive premises of the game sealed it.

Another subtle, but good game by Maltby tonight. He's doing his job.

Flip looked alright on the top line and Hudler played really well tonight. He was especially stellar on the defensive side of things and also got to the net for some screens/tip attempts.

Boomhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 03:26 PM
DTownWingsfan

I can't stand watching Schneider anymore. Absolutely bonehead play at the Avs blueline, and then can't even get back to cover up for his own mistake. Ozzie made a great save, and the refs should have blown the whistle. The puck was out of sight, and last time I checked, the ref blows the whistle when that happens. Awful decision not to blow the play dead and get the faceoff. At least we got a point out of it.

DTownWingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 03:49 PM
GuloGulo

4 on 4 OT isn't this team's forte, no.

GuloGulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 04:13 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
obsevations:

-statny is going to be a stud playmaker and all around player. the kid is simply amazing.... amazing...

-osgood is outright horrible, the 2nd goal by colorado was laughable, while his positioning and 5 hole are problems, hes a weak goalie, i do not like him in over howard at this point, he has to step it up for the playoffs and maybe all these injuries arent helping, but "knock on wood" our defense is healthy, and his sv% was crap today... i was not pleased with his effort

-hudler looked good, finally him and fils for a lot of time tonight

-filppula looked good on that 1st line with pavel and homer, but the kid needs to learn to finish more, he does good work, future 2nd liner for sure, but he needs to capitalize more to make more of a better name for himself when this is his time to shine..

-the defense was ok. lebda circles too much, he just needs t opass it instead of always wanting to take it up. i aint saying he needs to stop playing his game, his game is good and fast, but he doesnt always NEED to do that... players are open, he just needs to look better/more

-kronwall looked good at times but at others sluggish...

-calder i thought used his bosy more and was aggressive, we could have used him hitting a little more, maybe thats not his game, i dont know, but i thought he used his body more and hit a little more then he does, he doesnt..

-franzen is impressing me with his play in general, making more things happen, using his body more, hitting consistantly, great 4th liner if your looking at hitting, and some energy, along with toughness and size

-maltby is a pansey, we could have used a fighter tonight to **** with laperierre, and by the way, he asked cheli to fight him and cheli declined...

all in all, decent game, but i do think either a few guys werent awake yet, are tired or something... idk, but we didnt look ready for the game today

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 04:16 PM
zetterberg40

more on hudler...

the kid shows talent, smarts and all.

what i would do if i were him this offseason. Condition more. Become a little stronger, put on more leg strength and build up speed to gain another notch or half a notch, that would be pretty good. Needs to also relax and realize hes on the team and they didnt trade him so theres faith in him, he needs to show he wants the job here and continue to work hard. I love the kids energy, the kid is passionate of the game, its clear, just needs to show hes a good 2nd liner that plays a full game, scores and playmakes..

filppula needs to be more agile. his skating concerns me, he looks choppy and just looks rugged out there. If he becomes more agile, more shifty, he will emerge better. Hes young so i aint worried, but his skating is i think what will limit his game if he cant do other little things on a consistant basis. He does a good job, but we could use him to relax as well and put those easy shots away.

Old
03-04-2007, 04:19 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuloGulo View Post

Nope. More room generally benefits speedsters.

A Good Flying Bird* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Fugu

vCash:
I wish Babcock would just bench Lang. He took a stupid penalty, had some turnovers and even couldn't haul his lazy butt out of the offensive zone in time as the Wings were mounting another attack leading to an offside. Is he doing anything out there that balances out how much he's hurting the team with his stupid, lazy play and turnovers?

Don't even get me started on Schneider and his lack effort, energy... whatever you want to call it. When I think those two guys are taking up $7 MM of the Wings payroll - with only Dats and Nick getting more - it makes my blood boil. I hope Lang enjoys his paycheck because he shouldn't get anything close to that kind of money next time around. I'd say the same about Schneider but I know someone will be stupid enough to sign him to more money. I just hope and pray it's not Holland. A waste of space (and cap space too).

Old
03-04-2007, 05:02 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
I wish Babcock would just bench Lang. He took a stupid penalty, had some turnovers and even couldn't haul his lazy butt out of the offensive zone in time as the Wings were mounting another attack leading to an offside. Is he doing anything out there that balances out how much he's hurting the team with his stupid, lazy play and turnovers?

Don't even get me started on Schneider and his lack effort, energy... whatever you want to call it. When I think those two guys are taking up $7 MM of the Wings payroll - with only Dats and Nick getting more - it makes my blood boil. I hope Lang enjoys his paycheck because he shouldn't get anything close to that kind of money next time around. I'd say the same about Schneider but I know someone will be stupid enough to sign him to more money. I just hope and pray it's not Holland. A waste of space (and cap space too).
Try not to think about Schneider being here next year for 4m+. It's going to happen anyway, though. Ken Holland's free agency model seems to be, one in the hand is better than any of them in the bush, even if the one in the hand is dead. THIS IS AN EX-PARROT, KEN!!!!! LET IT GO!!!

Old
03-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Try not to think about Schneider being here next year for 4m+. It's going to happen anyway, though. Ken Holland's free agency model seems to be, one in the hand is better than any of them in the bush, even if the one in the hand is dead. THIS IS AN EX-PARROT, KEN!!!!! LET IT GO!!!

I'm so angry at the thought of that I'm going for a walk. Otherwise my keyboard will not survive this round.

Old
03-04-2007, 05:11 PM
8snake

Quote:
filppula needs to be more agile. his skating concerns me, he looks choppy and just looks rugged out there. If he becomes more agile, more shifty, he will emerge better. Hes young so i aint worried, but his skating is i think what will limit his game if he cant do other little things on a consistant basis.
IMO Flip's skating is the least of his problems. He needs to get a bit stronger, but he's already a better skater than either Datsyuk or Zetterberg, and those two have turned out pretty good. He's an infinitely better skater than Hudler....if Jiri had any burst at all he would have broken in on goal all alone on one of his chances early in the 3rd. Both guys played solid this afternoon.

8snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 05:33 PM
zetterberg40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8snake View Post
IMO Flip's skating is the least of his problems. He needs to get a bit stronger, but he's already a better skater than either Datsyuk or Zetterberg, and those two have turned out pretty good. He's an infinitely better skater than Hudler....if Jiri had any burst at all he would have broken in on goal all alone on one of his chances early in the 3rd. Both guys played solid this afternoon.
i disagree. i think his skating is what messes him up a little bit. his skating looks unorthadox and choppy way too much, but maybe its just a rookie thing (getting his feet wet) and still growing into his body... either way, the kid will be good as long as he works hard

Old
03-04-2007, 05:42 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
Val is still getting his rookie legs steadied...and the fact that he's been thrown on the top line with Pasha and Homer might be a little intimidating for him. Mike Babcock is showing an awful lot of faith in him, which is good, but like I say, it might be a wee bit intimidating as well.

kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Filppula
Jurks

I would agree with 8snake, Flip's skating isn't a problem IMO.

And he does have 2 goals in 2 games.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Flip is just fine. He's going to be great one day, he just needs some time with players from whom he can learn. The mistakes he's making are young guy mistakes. He's going to learn and improve. I like that he's getting some IT with the top players because over the long run it can only help his game. This kid is gonna take off and sooner than most expect.

Old
03-04-2007, 07:02 PM
zetterberg40

i didnt say i dont think hes good or his skating is horrible. i jsut think it looks choppy and he looks at times off balance... maybe its just a unorthadox skating style.. idk..

hes going to have a good impact next year on that second line of ours.... no more 4th line BS PLEASE!!

Old
03-04-2007, 07:12 PM
cantskate

I missed most of the 1st, but it seemed to me that the Wings pretty much dominated this game everywhere but the final score. Most of the game was played in the Stars' zone. Budaj made some game savers for them.

cantskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 07:22 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantskate View Post
I missed most of the 1st, but it seemed to me that the Wings pretty much dominated this game everywhere but the final score. Most of the game was played in the Stars' zone. Budaj made some game savers for them.
If you saw the 1st, you wouldn't think that. They got outplayed badly in the 1st.

Old
03-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Shoalzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuloGulo View Post

I didn't want to play this card:

If only Hank was playing...

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 02:22 AM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

I don't want to say alot about the game, but......

Osgood: 4 goals on 27
Budja: 3 goals on 34

Osgood never "steals" a game for his team! The 2nd and 3rd goal were “stoppable”
Hasek makes those saves!

Chris.....

TOPGUN is offline   Reply With Quote