HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Betts-Hollweg-Orr

Old
03-06-2007, 12:54 PM
bar down*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bar down*
Betts-Hollweg-Orr

Have looked very good lately. I mean theyve gotten there scoring chances and i think they havnt been scored on. Hollweg keeps hitting, Betts keeps working his butt off, and Orr hasnt been to bad. Thoughts?

Last edited by bar down*: 03-06-2007 at 01:04 PM.
bar down* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Diehardfan419

Agree...very effective 4th line.

Diehardfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:10 PM
bleedrngrblue

I didn't think Hollweg had a particularly good game yesterday. I was waiting for him or Orr to do something after the high elbow to the head of Prucha that Simon displayed last night, smashing his head against the boards.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Onion Boy

The HBO line had some great shifts last night and on Saturday.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:23 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Playing well of late...no reason to break em up

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Kostik

Orr needs to learn how to hit...i think it's not funny anymore how many times he just misses his target.
I saw him crashing into the boards more frequently than into the player.
Maybe Holly will learn him some tricks during the summer...

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:27 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
Orr needs to learn how to hit...i think it's not funny anymore how many times he just misses his target.
I think that has a lot to do with the fact that he's a mediocre at best skater.

03-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
Here we go!!! you would complain about the onion dip at a orgy wouldn't you. Orr has been extremely effective and hass not been out of place in either zone.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I think that has a lot to do with the fact that he's a mediocre at best skater.
What is worse, i think it's lack of hockey sense and forethought.
He can learn how to skate better, but that's it.

Old
03-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Here we go!!! you would complain about the onion dip at a orgy wouldn't you. Orr has been extremely effective and hass not been out of place in either zone.
Extremely effective?When?Against the Islanders?Betts and Hollweg were way better, Orr was invisible...

Old
03-06-2007, 01:41 PM
bleedrngrblue

Like I said, Simon came at Prucha with the high elbow, mashed his head against the boards and glass, and HBO line did nothing in return! Prucha was cut in two spots around the eye!

Old
03-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
Like I said, Simon came at Prucha with the high elbow, mashed his head against the boards and glass, and HBO line did nothing in return! Prucha was cut in two spots around the eye!
Totally stupid to take a penalty in a 0-0 game with Playoffs on the line. If Orr comes in and takes the extra two you people wopuld be calling for him to waived. The guy has been more then you ever could have asked for 3 months ago

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:51 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Totally stupid to take a penalty in a 0-0 game with Playoffs on the line. If Orr comes in and takes the extra two you people wopuld be calling for him to waived. The guy has been more then you ever could have asked for 3 months ago
Thats the way you lose players to nasty injury, cause your teams tough line turns the other cheek! Granted, Prucha was still able to play, but that hit was BS, and that is Orrs job, to put an end to the BS! If he doesn't do that, or Hollweg doesn't go and Give Blake a facial or Satan after that, then why put them out on the ice! There SHOULD have been something done about it! Glad we won but it doesn't change the fact that once again, a NY Ranger player was abused!

Old
03-06-2007, 02:03 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Thats the way you lose players to nasty injury, cause your teams tough line turns the other cheek! Granted, Prucha was still able to play, but that hit was BS, and that is Orrs job, to put an end to the BS! If he doesn't do that, or Hollweg doesn't go and Give Blake a facial or Satan after that, then why put them out on the ice! There SHOULD have been something done about it! Glad we won but it doesn't change the fact that once again, a NY Ranger player was abused!
Please. Prucha turned and Simon threw a hit and Pruchas face hit the boards. That's part of what goes on in the game. Avery did tons of cheap stuff too. What Simon did was not the type of thing that calls for a response

Old
03-06-2007, 02:18 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Please. Prucha turned and Simon threw a hit and Pruchas face hit the boards. That's part of what goes on in the game. Avery did tons of cheap stuff too. What Simon did was not the type of thing that calls for a response
Exactly. Simon's a punk who I would step over if he was lying facedown in a ditch, but that was not a dirty hit. His elbow was tucked.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 02:22 PM
clmetsfan

I really hate this crap about the Rangers not standing up for each other. Orr and Hollweg are both tied for 5th in the league with 12 fighting majors apiece. We had the memorable Shanny fight. Avery and Ward both threw down in the Philly game. I bet we'll see a Mara fight before the season's over. Enough with this.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 02:26 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
You better look at that video again. He clearly went for the head, and thats not acceptable.

Old
03-06-2007, 02:28 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
I really hate this crap about the Rangers not standing up for each other. Orr and Hollweg are both tied for 5th in the league with 12 fighting majors apiece. We had the memorable Shanny fight. Avery and Ward both threw down in the Philly game. I bet we'll see a Mara fight before the season's over. Enough with this.
So feckin what....they already had some fighting majors so now they get to coast if something happens..... Its not about the fighting anyway, its about not letting your players get abused and roughed up.

Old
03-06-2007, 03:32 PM
The Big Apple

Quote:
So feckin what....they already had some fighting majors so now they get to coast if something happens..... Its not about the fighting anyway, its about not letting your players get abused and roughed up.
I guess u don't care about winning the game, but rather that none of our players get a scratch.... You gotta go for the W, especially in our situation....

The Big Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 08:29 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Apple View Post
I guess u don't care about winning the game, but rather that none of our players get a scratch.... You gotta go for the W, especially in our situation....
Your both wrong here. No there was no need for a response...it was not a dirty hit. Secondly...if it was a dirty hit....you can protect your players and still go for the W...don't know why your putting the 2 together like that...

Old
03-07-2007, 10:42 PM
NYROrtsFan

Gotta call B.S... If you want Orr to run around and get pissed after every single good check then I think you have the wrong idea. Prucha got hit with a good, hard hit. The visor seemed to be what cut him more than anything. Orr has been in there and done his job fine. He's a very good fighter who gets people's attention and those three have actually been generating scoring chances. Colton included.

Bottom line is we havnt seen any clear cut goon acts since Orr has been in the lineup. And this line has been good since they were put together many games ago. Not just the last couple.

Very effective 4th line and what you want.. Betts always seems to be good enough to get a goal here and there on his own although he wont create one with his poor vision and passing. Hollywood can run around and hit whoever and Orr can throw some hits and just not hurt us in the defensive zone or on offense then he's fine. That line clearly has some things going for it.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 05:59 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Your both wrong here. No there was no need for a response...it was not a dirty hit. Secondly...if it was a dirty hit....you can protect your players and still go for the W...don't know why your putting the 2 together like that...
I've looked at it several times, and to me its definitely a dirty hit. He raises that shoulder and arm and nails him right in the head. If that isn't dirty its borderline at best.

Old
03-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Garv23

To be honest, I barely remember that hit. That's how insignificant it was to me. Games are too important now to chase people around the ice taking penalties. It's not like we're afraid to drop the gloves.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 09:57 AM
NYROrtsFan

It was a legit hit... If a Ranger did that same hit to someone else then i'd be completely on board with it.

Orr's been more than fine. He's fighting and fighting well and i think clearly provides some type of deterrent out there.

You are never going to get rid of the finishing checks, but the goal is to get rid of the goonery and the players taking runs at other players.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 10:48 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

The look fine, but I would hope that one of Hollweg/Orr will be replaced by Ortmeyer next year. Would like to see Callahan on the third line in 2007-2008.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote