HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

islanders are coming to MSG

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2007, 10:17 AM
st bonnies*

vCash: 500
islanders are coming to MSG

The Rangers had a clutch win vs the BLUES as we all know and this sets the stage for a NEW York/ NewYork game that is a very important game for both teams. I will be there. Can't wait. Lundquist should be well rested and Ryan Smyth gets a taste of the rivalry. I have a feelin the Rangers will win this one. They should be pumped up after st louis game.

Yashin will not play

Old
03-04-2007, 11:48 AM
broadwayblue

This game is huge. Need to finish off the home stand with a W and start the home and home with a win to put the pressure on the Isles for the game on Thursday. Winning tomorrow means we can talk about the sweep...and if they pull it off we'd be knocking on the 8th spot. First things first though...gotta get the W.

Old
03-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

just looking at the matchups, and when you consider our 2 best goal scorers in Shanahan AND Straka are our, and our best Defenseman Tyutin is out, I would not be at all surprised if the isles slaughtered us. They bring their A+ game against us for 60 full minutes every game. lets see how it turns out, i hope im wrong, but i just have a BAD feeling about this one.

Old
03-04-2007, 12:53 PM
JamesG1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
This game is huge. Need to finish off the home stand with a W and start the home and home with a win to put the pressure on the Isles for the game on Thursday. Winning tomorrow means we can talk about the sweep...and if they pull it off we'd be knocking on the 8th spot. First things first though...gotta get the W.

Agreed. They need to take this one game at a time. It would help to come out on top of their game and really do some damage in the Isles zone early on and not let them set the pace as they've seemed to do in atleast 2 or 3 games..Gotta stay out of the box against them too.

Old
03-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Cygnus

Kasparaitis would've been a huge HIT for these particular games. Now it look's like it's Avery's job. Avery=Barnaby. Could be an asset, could be a liability. You guys really need to have someone other than Colton Orr to stand up to the Simons and Witts and Ashams. Roszival's not bad and maybe Mara will step up, but in a series like this at this time of the year...probably not good enough.

Old
03-04-2007, 01:49 PM
LeftCoastRangersFan

Straks/Shanny/Toots out = loss. Isles are gonna win. Gotta feeling this game is gonna be either real tight (1 goal decision) or a blowout. They are well coached, defensivley much better than us, & disciplined.

Old
03-04-2007, 01:55 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastRangersFan View Post
Straks/Shanny/Toots out = loss. Isles are gonna win. Gotta feeling this game is gonna be either real tight (1 goal decision) or a blowout. They are well coached, defensivley much better than us, & disciplined.
Maybe, maybe not. If Henrik is on his game, which he should be after the rest, there's no reason to talk about an automatic loss because we're down a few guys. That's just a cop out. We still have one of the greatest players in the world in Jagr, a guy who's been on fire lately in Hossa, and a couple of guys who don't quit in Avery and Prucha. If we play a strong defensive game, and stay out of the box, there's no reason we can't get the W. Every game is up for grabs in this league, and if we want it bad enough we can get the win. So while I'm not going to guarantee a win, I think this team can get the job done.

Old
03-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

If we come out flat the way we did against St. Louis, we will get clobbered. We have to score first and keep it close.

If we drop by 2 goals to fish sticks we're done. really done.

Old
03-04-2007, 03:15 PM
TheRedressor

This team excels in the underdog situation. 5-2 Rangers

Old
03-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Biggest Rangers/Islanders game since 1994? I would have to think so.

Old
03-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Cygnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastRangersFan View Post
I dunno. I'm an Isles fan and feeling pretty good these days, but we all know that with these games, all reason is thrown out the window. It's about getting up for the game...so many of this intangibles. And Jagr is historically an Islander Killer, eh? Maybe he'll wake up, these two games.

Old
03-04-2007, 06:18 PM
st bonnies*

will be a close game but the excitment will be unattainable before the game

This is a big reason why its so much fun being a NY Islanders fan or a NY Rangers fan. For games like these.
These games go either way.......lets have some fun with it

wouldn;t it be something if both the isla and the rangers made the playoffs, Plus the Devils are alreay in it

NY Hockey. I appreciate it. hopefully Ryan Smyth will as well

Old
03-04-2007, 08:01 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

I actually do think both will make the playoffs just looking at the points and games in hand.

Old
03-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

anyone know if this game will be aired on Yahoo.com ive gotta be at work all day tomorrow and id like to catch the first period there before i head home.

Old
03-05-2007, 12:55 AM
RWWallpaper

I see the teams splitting these two games. Which in the position the Islanders are in would be ok with me...of course, a Islander sweep would be ok too...

Old
03-05-2007, 03:28 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
anyone know if this game will be aired on Yahoo.com ive gotta be at work all day tomorrow and id like to catch the first period there before i head home.
I'm pretty sure msgnetwork.com streams all games. You have to be a cablevision subscriber though.

Old
03-05-2007, 08:23 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
There's a GDT. Please use it.