THN future watch - b's

Old
03-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Wonder Boy
2026 Draft Prospect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
i don't remember exactly, but the two johnson fellows, toews, backstrom, okposo, mueller, m.staal and carey price were a few of them. luc bourdon, too.

by the way - the bruins ranked #6 overall for 21-and-under talent, and were #1 overall in quality of selections vs. average draft selection spot. nashville was 2nd. not bad at all
I don't know about you, but I kind of expected results like that. Bradley is in his 10th year as the B's lead hand in scouting. With the quality guys he's selected, its only a matter of time until things click. Looking at our current mix I feel we are still a few years away of rounding out the complete roster top to bottom. The best part about that equation includes guys like Bergeron, Sturm, Savard, and Chara. Those longer contracts are going to pay dividends down the road.

Maybe we should make Bradley a cake and present it to him in Columbus?

Wonder Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Bruin72

Quote:
1- Rask
2- Lashoff
3- Stuart
4- Kalus
5- Sigalet
6- Lucic
7- Krejci
8- Karsums
9- Alexandrov
10- Walter

For the Mark Stuart haters, he's ranked 47th overall in the top 50. An interesting list that I don't necessarily agree with, but was wondering what the rest of youze think.

When did the hockey futures issue come out???

Bruin72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Jesarino
Verified!

Send a message via ICQ to Jesarino Send a message via MSN to Jesarino Send a message via Yahoo to Jesarino
Quote:
i don't remember exactly, but the two johnson fellows, toews, backstrom, okposo, mueller, m.staal and carey price were a few of them. luc bourdon, too.

by the way - the bruins ranked #6 overall for 21-and-under talent, and were #1 overall in quality of selections vs. average draft selection spot. nashville was 2nd. not bad at all
We've been climbing those rankings for awhile. I've always felt like Bradley & Co. don't get enough credit for doing what they've done each year with our picks. It's nice to see them get some well deserved recognition.

Jesarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoSturm16 View Post
Same here glad to see him so high. Also Sigalet seems really high to me. I expect Karsums and Krejci to be ahead of him.
Which Sigalet is it?

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:01 PM
CTBoyntonFan44

Send a message via AIM to CTBoyntonFan44 Send a message via Yahoo to CTBoyntonFan44
I'm thinking it's Jonathan.

CTBoyntonFan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Bruinsyear

Quote:
1- Rask
2- Lashoff
3- Stuart
4- Kalus
5- Sigalet
6- Lucic
7- Krejci
8- Karsums
9- Alexandrov
10- Walter

For the Mark Stuart haters, he's ranked 47th overall in the top 50. An interesting list that I don't necessarily agree with, but was wondering what the rest of youze think.

I also thought the list was a tad bit out of order. Although I like Stuart, so far what I have seen from him I don't think he will become the defensemen that was once projected. I am not jumping ship on him yet though.

I do agree that Kalus is our best forward and I will stick by my guns regardless of his lack of production this year in tthe AHL( I thought it would ahve been better). I watched him like a hawk all camp long and I thought he was head and shoulders above all of our prospects on the ice. I even think that he was better then Kessel. I still think Kalus, if he had been brought in slow this year like Kessel would have as many points as Phil this year.

Here would be my rankings in terms of potential just next year or the year after.
1.)Rask
2.)Lashoff
3.)Kalus
4.)Krejci
5.)Sigalet
6.)Stuart
7.)Karsums
8.)Lucic
9.)Alexandrov
10.)Marchand

Walter doesnt make my cut, although I think he will be with the big club and he will be her much sooner then some on the list. I just don't think his ceiling is as high as some.

I was very impresssed with Sigalet at camp and I believe he is a better fit for this NHL then Stuart. Flashes of Alberts went through my head when I saw his size, skating ability...etc. I will let you know that I was one of just a few touting Alberts the year he went from BC to baby B's. I lived in lowell that year and saw him a few times and knew right away he had "it". If you could go find my posts from them I can guarantee you I was singing his praise and many thought I was out of my mind and said how can you possibly rank Alberts over "stuart or Jurcina", I may be jumping the gun but I think we can say as of now he is the most solid of those 3.

I see Sigalet being that next guy, behind Lashoff of course.

Bruinsyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Bruinsyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesarino View Post
We've been climbing those rankings for awhile. I've always felt like Bradley & Co. don't get enough credit for doing what they've done each year with our picks. It's nice to see them get some well deserved recognition.
They said the reason the B's jumped in the rankings so drastically was the deal for Rask and drafting Kessel.

I also feel our depth as seriously improved, they didnt speak much of that.

Old
03-05-2007, 11:12 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsyear View Post
I was very impresssed with Sigalet at camp and I believe he is a better fit for this NHL then Stuart. Flashes of Alberts went through my head when I saw his size, skating ability...etc. I will let you know that I was one of just a few touting Alberts the year he went from BC to baby B's. I lived in lowell that year and saw him a few times and knew right away he had "it". If you could go find my posts from them I can guarantee you I was singing his praise and many thought I was out of my mind and said how can you possibly rank Alberts over "stuart or Jurcina", I may be jumping the gun but I think we can say as of now he is the most solid of those 3.

I see Sigalet being that next guy, behind Lashoff of course.
i'm not sure where you're going with this - alberts is much bigger than sigalet. in fact, sigalet's biggest issue is probably beefing up more, and keeping the weight on.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 07:16 AM
Bruinsyear

Quote:
i'm not sure where you're going with this - alberts is much bigger than sigalet. in fact, sigalet's biggest issue is probably beefing up more, and keeping the weight on.
Sigalet reminds me of Alberts in terms of carrying the puck, great skating ability. I know Siaglet is not nearly as big as Alberts but he is not a small defensemen by any means. If you see him out on the ice he has a lot of similar features as Alberts did when I saw him 3 years ago in Lowell(right after BC call up).

Sigalet actaully played the body very well in camp. Now I haven't seen him since then, so maybe it was just the adreniline of being in and NHL camp that had him playing that way but I can only go by what I saw those 4 times I saw camp this past summer.

I'm glad you commented on the main point of my post though nugs... Nice discussion.

Old
03-06-2007, 08:32 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsyear View Post
Sigalet reminds me of Alberts in terms of carrying the puck, great skating ability. I know Siaglet is not nearly as big as Alberts but he is not a small defensemen by any means. If you see him out on the ice he has a lot of similar features as Alberts did when I saw him 3 years ago in Lowell(right after BC call up).

Sigalet actaully played the body very well in camp. Now I haven't seen him since then, so maybe it was just the adreniline of being in and NHL camp that had him playing that way but I can only go by what I saw those 4 times I saw camp this past summer.

I'm glad you commented on the main point of my post though nugs... Nice discussion.
no need to take it so personally - i just didn't understand where you were going with the comparison. to me, they aren't similar at all...but everyone sees things differently. no offense.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote