HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 3/05 NY Islanders @ NY Rangers 7PM VS.

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2007, 11:57 AM
NYR94

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
Agreed dude, the audio tonight on VS was primo. Thats the one knock on MSG broadcasts, no matter how loud the crowds are you cant really hear them. Last night I could feel the playoff atmosphere at the Garden. VS did something right....Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.
VS did better than last year, that's true. But nothing beats what ESPN used to do. Clearer picture than MSG broadcasts and crisp, clear sound. You could hear every sound the skate blades made as they cut through the ice.

And I agree, it's hard to hear the crowd most of the time during the MSG broadcasts.

Old
03-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

hmm, when i mentioned over and over again that the puck looked like it hit the post (after i saw the replay, originally i thought it went in), people just 100% ignored me, grrrr

Old
03-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
hmm, when i mentioned over and over again that the puck looked like it hit the post (after i saw the replay, originally i thought it went in), people just 100% ignored me, grrrr
Wewantthecup's video isnt working for me. Is there a better video with a better view than the one jarmac posted? Jarmac's video had me thinkin goal, but I want to see another view of it.

Old
03-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Jim Ramsay

I was at the game last night and I thought the crowd was electric (At least where I was sitting in section 338). Two long island yeast infections got kicked out my section for starting with everyone around them, it was good to see. Even though there was no fighting in the game it was a very intense game, and one of the more entertaining ones I've seen live in a while. Even though injuries look like they are starting to hit the rangers I think they can still do it if they show the kind of desperation they showed last night

Old
03-06-2007, 12:41 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, there's nothing better than being close to the ice. You experience the game in a way unlike anywhere else. You can see the expressions on players faces, their breath. You can feel the energy, speed, and intensity. You can hear them communicating with one another. If I could afford it that's where I'd be. Sec. 76 is about as good as it gets!
My wife's father got the tickets from his job. Hes from greece and didnt even know what the tickets were for.. I called him right up and told him to grab anymore he can get his hands on! lol

Old
03-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim8778 View Post
"fixing his bayonet and going into the corner" mike emerik is just ridiculous
"Galloping down the boards is Ortmeyer..."

Galloping? Give it a rest already 'Doc'.

Old
03-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Briannj1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
"Galloping down the boards is Ortmeyer..."

Galloping? Give it a rest already 'Doc'.
I never could take "feathers the puck over the blueline". Ain't no "feathering" in hockey.

Old
03-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
i do like the asian chick at the end of the quiznos ad... she knows what she wants... " not lacking any meat, thats what women need"
I want to choke her and 'the genius' who came up with that line.

Old
03-06-2007, 01:20 PM
NYR94

Quote:
That's a brutal line. I don't have an advertising background, but that commercial makes me uncomfortable every time I see it. Innuendo like that is just a little too blatant for my tastes.

Unless I'm just a perv and a joke like that goes unnoticed by most.

Old
03-06-2007, 01:24 PM
bleedrngrblue

Guys the Rangers won, who gives a flying turd what some announcer said during the game. face facts, we are spoiled from the JD and Sam team that was in place, it doesn't get much better than that for an announcing team. We all know Emerick, Chico, Clement, etc are all looking to make a name for themselves, and can't blame them for that, but they are just so full of themselves it ruins the game. Just do the game guys, no need to be extra verbose. In any case, the Rangers won a HUGE game last night, the last thing anyone should be talking about is what words Emerick used to describe a play!

Old
03-06-2007, 01:31 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Certainly is in poor taste. Not unlike a Quiznos sub.

03-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I wonder if Dipietro can live up to the expectations that he created today. Hats off to him
I think the kid is doing just fine

Old
03-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briannj1970 View Post
I never could take "feathers the puck over the blueline". Ain't no "feathering" in hockey.
my favorite from last night was "DiPierto makes a save with his paraphernalia"

He has to be the worst PBP guy in professional sports.

Old
03-06-2007, 01:39 PM
BRONX_MADNESS*

^^^^^^ LMAO that's what I was thinking

Old
03-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

that and how he shortens everyones name and adds a "y" at the end.

lundy makes the save, cully picks up the puck, feathers it to ortsy who who flubs the pass and its taken by poti...y...

Old
03-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
My fave Emerick quote, done totally by accident :

Flyers D-man Carkner upends Pitts Paul Coffey at the blueline and Doc says - "Carkner spills Coffey onto the ice"

Seriously, he didn't realize what he said until the colorman(forget who, this was before Clement, early 90's) stopped laughing and repeated what he said.

Old
03-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
Guys the Rangers won, who gives a flying turd what some announcer said during the game. face facts, we are spoiled from the JD and Sam team that was in place, it doesn't get much better than that for an announcing team. We all know Emerick, Chico, Clement, etc are all looking to make a name for themselves, and can't blame them for that, but they are just so full of themselves it ruins the game. Just do the game guys, no need to be extra verbose. In any case, the Rangers won a HUGE game last night, the last thing anyone should be talking about is what words Emerick used to describe a play!
No doubt, it was easily the best game i've seen this year and was a CLASSIC Isles/Rangers tilt

But, we do have to deal with VS. Don't hate them, just prefer MSG and the telecast/post game. You have to give any new network time, they've already improved over last year, I just wish they had a nightly NHL show like the old espn2 nightly.

Old
03-06-2007, 02:16 PM
NYR94

With his seemingly limitless vocabulary for describing hockey plays, you'd think Emrick would be doing radio play-by-play rather than television. At least on the radio, his colorful description would help create a picture for listeners since there's no visual with radio.

But for me, the game is interesting enough on television just being able to watch it and see what's going on on the ice, so I don't need to hear about how players "knife", "shuffleboard", "spear-head" or "feather" the puck through the zone. No one speaks like this covering the other sports like baseball, football or basketball. It's all very simple language-- hits, shoots, throws, swings, tackles, runs, jumps, etc. None of this "gallops nimbly across the frozen plane" BS.

Old
03-06-2007, 02:17 PM
bleedrngrblue

I'm really sick and tired of the NHL being the red headed stepchild of the sports world! ESPN..let me clue you in on something......POKER and POOL are not sports....they're leisure activities! Boring as hell to watch at that. The fact that they rank those ahead of the NHL is just ridiculous in my book.

Old
03-06-2007, 02:39 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
But, we do have to deal with VS. Don't hate them, just prefer MSG and the telecast/post game. You have to give any new network time, they've already improved over last year, I just wish they had a nightly NHL show like the old espn2 nightly.
Really, would it kill them to have some kind of NHL pregame show prior to their 1 game of the week? I mean, would it be possible to garner worse ratings than Holy #@?%! or whatever weak show they lead into the game with?

Old
03-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Briannj1970

Another thing is Andy Brickley doing the color on VS. Maybe it was just me but every now and then I thought he sounded a bit like Jim Valvano. I kept waiting to hear "The Rangers win the game...it's awesome, baby!!!!"

Old
03-06-2007, 02:43 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Another thing is Andy Brickley doing the color on VS. Maybe it was just me but every now and then I thought he sounded a bit like Jim Valvano. I kept waiting to hear "The Rangers win the game...it's awesome, baby!!!!"
May Jimmy V rest in peace.... one hell of a basketball coach, and an even better man! BTW you're thinking of Dick Vitale!

Old
03-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Such a great great win! Had it not been for Dipi the score would had been much diffrent. They need to bring the same intesity to the NVMC on thurs. Me and Wheresbarnaby will be there. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-06-2007, 05:28 PM
BJo

Just wanted to tell you that I sat surrounded by 10 ranger fans. After the game ofcourse there was a little heckling from them, which is perfectly fine. But then they said "really great game. DP played well. good luck the rest of the way," and shook my hand. So i wanted to express my appreciation for the class that those fans showed.

Overall a very good game. It leaves me wondering why the Isles were so flat and who is to blame. I'll be at the game Thursday. I still hate all of you, but thanks for being classy.

Old
03-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoelson View Post
Just wanted to tell you that I sat surrounded by 10 ranger fans. After the game ofcourse there was a little heckling from them, which is perfectly fine. But then they said "really great game. DP played well. good luck the rest of the way," and shook my hand. So i wanted to express my appreciation for the class that those fans showed.

Overall a very good game. It leaves me wondering why the Isles were so flat and who is to blame. I'll be at the game Thursday. I still hate all of you, but thanks for being classy.
The feeling's mutual

Closed Thread