Notices

Sabres Fan Here

Old
03-05-2007, 01:21 AM
bd007h*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bd007h* Send a message via MSN to bd007h*
Sabres Fan Here

I am interested to see if you guys sneak into 8th right now it is very possible....I still think the Candy Canes have a better shot but we'll see

what is your opinion on possibly playing Buffalo in the 1st Round

bd007h* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 01:27 AM
rmack27

it will be time for the crushing.

seriously though, i am scared to play either buffalo or new jersey in the first round but it would be better then nothin i guess.

rmack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 02:05 AM
nORRis8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTheMeatloaf View Post
I am interested to see if you guys sneak into 8th right now it is very possible....I still think the Candy Canes have a better shot but we'll see

Shucks... we're skipping right past 8th and doing a hop skip and a jump into 5th......

Ok....6th.

7th?

Ok...8th it is.

But seriously, the team that was fielded in the first week of October 06 is a little different now in March 07....tweaked...played with....there was some player movement....some calls were made.....revamped...etc etc....
We went from a crap team and rocketed all the way to a just above average one all in a month or so.

nORRis8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:37 AM
sarge88

I think that if the B's do sneak into the 8th spot, they'd be lucky to get to a game 5 vs. Buffalo or NJ, but stranger things have happened. 4 weeks ago, I was fine with them finishing in the bottom 3-5 but now that they have made a run, 8th is infinitely better than 9th or 10th.

sarge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:39 AM
dabid

It would be exciting, and I could see the Bruins giving the Sabres a run for their money.. with the Sabres taking it in 6 or something.

Except that wont happen and the Bruins will win the cup.

dabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:43 AM
ap3lovr

I don't think anyone wants to face Tim Thomas in the playoffs... If he's hot we win, if he's not, we lose...

ap3lovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:13 AM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
In a perfect world, the B's would jump all the way to 6th and KO Tampa in round one. This team has really gotten it together on defense and offense as of late and might be able to go 15 rounds with Apollo Creed.

smithformeragent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 09:49 AM
lostbruinfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd007h* View Post

I would have to say after catching the Sabres on Friday night in a wild shootout over Montreal that I would think they would beat Boston in 5 games. That said I would be happy to see Boston just get in and worry about the opponent later.

lostbruinfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:00 AM
nORRis8*

3 games left vs the Habs. That could tell the story whether we get in or not.

nORRis8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:13 AM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

I'd love to have you trolling our playoff threads.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Zikky

Quote:

even if we won our last game against NJ, i think i prefer to play buffalo than NJ in the first round.

we are going to need a lot of luck and a very hot thomas to win, but i prefer to see miller(and any other goalies) than brodeur

Zikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:26 AM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Sabres Fan Here
"Booo, You suck...."

It will be interesting to see if Boston can make a push for the 8th seed. To me, There is no clear-cut best team in The East. Buffalo is the best top to bottom, and is the deepest team in The NHL, but it wouldn't shock me to see Boston upset them in 6 or 7 games.

It also wouldn't shock me if Buffalo wins 4 games in the row, 6-1, 6-2, 1-0, 4-0. And I really wouldn't be that upset, Buffalo is a much better team, They play as a team, something Boston is working on.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Bri

Well, I predicted and 8th place finish for the B's at the beginning of the season, no sense backing off from that now. (I thought my prediction that Patrice would have his first fight this year was gonna materialize against the Flyers...oh well.)

As for me, I'd love to play Buffalo...I'm kinda old school, and I loved the old Adam's division rivalries and would love to see the B's and Sabres duke it out in the playoffs. Buffalo seems to have our number, but anything can happen in the playoffs.

Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:15 AM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
I would love to play the Sabres just for the chance to pay them back for that series back in 1993 where the Bruins were the 2nd best team in the entire league with well over 100 points and the Sabres were barely over .500 yet they managed to sweep us.

Anything can happen in the playoffs.

TJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:43 AM
PurpleShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF View Post
I would love to play the Sabres just for the chance to pay them back for that series back in 1993 where the Bruins were the 2nd best team in the entire league with well over 100 points and the Sabres were barely over .500 yet they managed to sweep us.

Anything can happen in the playoffs.
Indeed it can. But as another poster previously stated, I think it would take a hot Tim Thomas to do the trick, just as it took a hot Grant Fuhr (coupled with a lukewarm Andy Moog) to ensure the upset back in '93.

PurpleShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 12:48 PM
EmptyNetter

As others have said, Boston's merely making it into the playoffs would be a major victory. I have no illusions -- Buffalo could finish a series in 5 games. But I'd want to see how the Bruins answered the call.

I don't know how Buffalo feels about Boston but I'd love to see a rivalry develop between them. Thanks to Adam Mair's antics Boston is finally starting to play Buffalo more physical and the games get more exciting with each matchup.

EmptyNetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Freedomov76

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyNetter View Post
As others have said, Boston's merely making it into the playoffs would be a major victory. I have no illusions -- Buffalo could finish a series in 5 games. But I'd want to see how the Bruins answered the call.

I don't know how Buffalo feels about Boston but I'd love to see a rivalry develop between them. Thanks to Adam Mair's antics Boston is finally starting to play Buffalo more physical and the games get more exciting with each matchup.
Huh? You don't think there's a rivalry? For me at least, the rivalry is second only to Montreal. There is no team I am more passionate about disliking than the Buffalo Sabres. I STILL hate Mike Foligno and his round helmet and his Boitano-esque goal celebrations.

Freedomov76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 01:07 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
I'd be happy if the Bruins just made the playoffs. Don't really care who they play. But if it is Buffalo, I'll be interested to hear Danny Briere's take, since he considered Boston a "non-playoff" team. Imagine if Boston somehow upsets them

CombatOnContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomov76 View Post
Huh? You don't think there's a rivalry? For me at least, the rivalry is second only to Montreal. There is no team I am more passionate about disliking than the Buffalo Sabres. I STILL hate Mike Foligno and his round helmet and his Boitano-esque goal celebrations.
Well, the rivalry is not even close to what it was when Foligno was polluting their team. Yeah I suppose there is a rivalry there now, but it's on life support compared to those days, no?

Old
03-05-2007, 01:16 PM
PurpleShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyNetter View Post

EmptyNetter (You'll have to forgive me, because I seem to have forgotten your real name at the moment),

The Sabres and Bruins actually did have a pretty heated rivalry going in the days of the old Adams division. The Sabres in those days had a number of players who absolutely made my blood boil: Larry Playfair, Mike Foligno, Lindy Ruff, Kevin Maguire, Rob Ray et. al. Likewise, I'm sure Sabres fans probably had no love for the likes of O'Reilly, Jonathan, Kluzak, Miller, Byers or Neely. It does seem that some friction is being re-kindled between these two franchises again (thanks in no small part to Adam Mair, as you pointed out). But the league could take it one step further in my opinion by going back to the old system of seeding the playoff rounds by division, rather than by conference.

Old
03-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleShamrock View Post
It does seem that some friction is being re-kindled between these two franchises again (thanks in no small part to Adam Mair, as you pointed out). But the league could take it one step further in my opinion by going back to the old system of seeding the playoff rounds by division, rather than by conference.

Yes...SOME of the old friction...a fraction of the friction though.

And I too would love to see the league go back to divisional playoffs. If I were commissioner for a day and could only make one change, that's the one I would make.

PS. Did Kevin McGuire ever win a fight in his career?

Last edited by Bri: 03-05-2007 at 01:32 PM. Reason: said "GM" meant commissioner...
Old
03-05-2007, 01:29 PM
PurpleShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post

Yes...SOME of the old friction...a fraction of the friction though.

And I too would love to see the league go back to divisional playoffs. If I were GM for a day and could only make one change, that's the one I would make.
No arguments here, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
PS. Did Kevin McGuire ever win a fight in his career?
Certainly not against Jay Miller...

Old
03-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:

Honestly for some reason Buffalo has an Ottawa smell about them to me. I just don't see them winning the East (in the playoffs) this year. Depending on who Buffalo plays in the first round I can see them being upset.

Having said that I think this is Ottawa's year to go to the cup final.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 06:28 PM
acr*

Boston sweeps, winning game 4 in OT on a goal from Jason York. Jack Edwards starts shouting YORK DAY! YORK DAY! YORK DAY!

acr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:03 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:

I think if Boston plays a healthy Buffalo team they will get smoked, but Buffalo better enjoy it because your boy Drury is going to be playing for the enemy next year- and with Savard, Kessel, Bergeron, and Drury upfront on Boston, I think the tide will turn.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote