HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dec. 13 GDT: Kings v. St. Louis

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2003, 07:54 AM
David A. Rainer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Dec. 13 GDT: Kings v. St. Louis

Los Angeles Kings (15-10-1-3) v. St. Louis Blues (17-6-2-1)

Game time is at 5:00PM PST and can be seen on FSW.

Well, I don't have to tell anyone how bad we suck against St. Louis, especially in St. Louis. I presume Huet will be in goal with Cechmanek out so let's see what he can do now that he'll get a regular diet of starts.

As we we're discussing in another thread, let's win this one for Storr and O'Donnell!

12-13-2003, 09:06 AM
LuckyLUC20

Can we PLEASE beat the Blues!?!?! Come on Kings... let's get 2 and come home.

Go Kings!!!

Old
12-13-2003, 09:09 AM
jfont

Awards:
kings have 4 out of a possible 6 points in this trip so far...lets hope they have more than 4 when they come back...

12-13-2003, 09:42 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
snowball's chance in hell of winning this one, as the Kings just don't seem to match up well with St. Louis... but that being said, this team has spent the past few decades surprising me when I least expected something to happen, so.... have at it Kings. May Jon Sim score a couple of his tenacious goals and lead this team to a huge upset victory.

Old
12-13-2003, 09:56 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
snowball's chance in hell of winning this one
kings are definitely getting 2 points tonight...

Old
12-13-2003, 10:49 AM
Kings Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arankys
St. Louis called up Minor league enforcer Steve Mclaren dont know against a team like the kings who have Avery as the enforcer. Lets hope if he plays he takes several runs against the Kings injuring more players.

You are without a doubt the biggest idiot that posts at HF. Do us all a favor and stay on your goon board and off of the Kings board. By the way someone who is so obsessed with fighting and toughness on a message board is obviously compensating for being a ***** in real life. Its not our fault that you got beat up in high school.

Old
12-13-2003, 10:57 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Fanatic
You are without a doubt the biggest idiot that posts at HF. Do us all a favor and stay on your goon board and off of the Kings board. By the way someone who is so obsessed with fighting and toughness on a message board is obviously compensating for being a ***** in real life. Its not our fault that you got beat up in high school.
relax guy.

the best way to deal with someone that posts like that is to ignore them...this is the best way...calling them names only invite a bigger flame war and it could land you into trouble as well...

Old
12-13-2003, 11:03 AM
Kings Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
relax guy.

the best way to deal with someone that posts like that is to ignore them...this is the best way...calling them names only invite a bigger flame war and it could land you into trouble as well...
ok man

Geez. I didn't think I said anything that bad. This guy is constantly posting things like that and its annoying when he jumps into one of our GDT threads. I will refrain from future use of the word idiot.

Oh and I now have one member on my ignore list so I can follow your advice in the future. Ignore list kicks ass!

Last edited by Kings Fanatic: 12-13-2003 at 11:19 AM.
Old
12-13-2003, 12:42 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=18824

clearly a hockey player... a forward who really lit it up in Juniors, but needed to hone his offensive skills in the AHL for a decade before getting his shot with the Blues.

LOL... I wonder if this guy comes with instructions.

Old
12-13-2003, 01:09 PM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
Someone needs to look up the word opinion in the dictionary.

Old
12-13-2003, 01:33 PM
David A. Rainer

Quote:
I'm allowed to post wherever i choose this is a gameday thread and i was posting some info and opinion.
Horse bleep, Arankys!!! When you post something on a team's message board hoping that a team's players get injured, it's trolling to the highest degree. I've defended you on the Mod board, but no more. Good night sweet prince.

Old
12-13-2003, 01:48 PM
David A. Rainer

Quote:
Since when am i not allowed to post in a GDT? I wasnt attacking any posters i was attacked. So what i cant post because i dont like the team? Only Kings fans and supporters can post in this thread?

Im sure many including yourself have posted hoping for injuries on another team.
BS! It's called inflammatory comments that are known to illicit a certain angered response. Hoping that some players get injured and posting it on that team's message board. That's just out of control.

Never have hoped for someone getting injured. Never will. And to presume you know me as such that would do that...

Enough! I will not post in this thread again regarding your comment, so you can have the last word. However, if you so choose to continue this conversation and not take it to PM with me, then I will again recommend to the powers that be further action be taken.

Old
12-13-2003, 03:10 PM
Mindcircus

Hope we come out with a victory tonight versus arguably the best team in the league right now. Much respect will be given if they prevail. Oh and i want Courtnal's head.

Go Kings!

Old
12-13-2003, 03:10 PM
jfont

Awards:
huet gets to play in 3 straight games tonight...Go Kings!

Old
12-13-2003, 03:16 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
First rant of the game, but wtf was Stumpel thinking? Who tries a between your leg clearing attempt when surrounded by the opposition? Two great chances for the Blues right after the failed clearing attempt.

:mad:

Old
12-13-2003, 03:20 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Demitra untouched in front for the first goal of the game...guess who skates right by? Stumpel....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Old
12-13-2003, 03:23 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25
Demitra untouched in front for the first goal of the game...guess who skates right by? Stumpel....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
they need to have a better coverage in their own zone than that stumpel stunt...

Old
12-13-2003, 03:32 PM
Face Wash

will someone tell me why that was called icing???

Osgood went all the way behind his net.... he's not supposed to leave his crease.

edit: I guess it was handled with a high stick by the Blues... I was wondering about that

Old
12-13-2003, 03:33 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Well, the Kings are getting destroyed by the Blues yet again. :mad: (maybe not destroyed, but the Blues always seem to get the Kings running around in their own zone)

I guess we can see why the Kings are 0-4 in the last 4 meetings. Getting outscored 12-2 in those games.

I'll ask it again, are the Blues the next version of the Dallas Stars? The team that the Kings just have a mental block against for some reason? Wasn't it obver 20 games before the Kings finally beat the Stars a couple of season ago? Now the Kings have no trouble with the Stars.

Old
12-13-2003, 03:41 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Blues lead 2-0. Pronger from the top of the circle (maybe tipped?) Not looking good at all.

Old
12-13-2003, 03:45 PM
Face Wash

If the Kings are going to run around in their own zone and play that disorganized... it's over.

They have to figure out a way to slow St. Louis down through center ice.. The Blues just skate so well... they're always on the puck...

So long as Osgood plays decently, the Kings really have little chance...

It's just not a good matchup for the Kings... Ziggy's not playing that well right now... him and Straka have to be the best forwards on the ice for the Kings to succeed here tonite.

Old
12-13-2003, 03:52 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
If the Kings are going to run around in their own zone and play that disorganized... it's over.

They have to figure out a way to slow St. Louis down through center ice.. The Blues just skate so well... they're always on the puck...

So long as Osgood plays decently, the Kings really have little chance...

It's just not a good matchup for the Kings... Ziggy's not playing that well right now... him and Straka have to be the best forwards on the ice for the Kings to succeed here tonite.
What about a Frolov-Straka-Palffy line? Frolov's look good on the puck again and why not? Already down 2-0 against a team that has dominated you recently, why wouldn't you put the best three players on the ice together and see what happens? Maybe put the Blues back on their heals.

My lines the rest of the way:

Frolov-Straka-Palffy
Luc-Cammy-Klatt
Sim-Belanger-Avery
Tripp-Smithson-Palffy/Straka

Stumpel keeping the bench warm for the rest of the team. But we all know that Andy will keep everything the same and it will result in another 4-0 or 4-1 loss.

[edit] Scoring chances: 8-3 for the Blues

Last edited by Sydor25: 12-13-2003 at 03:55 PM.
Old
12-13-2003, 03:54 PM
LuckyLUC20

disappointing effort by the Kings right now... They're leaving Huet out to dry.

Someone tell Stumpel that he's playing for the Kings, the guys in the white jerseys... stop running into your own teammates and clear the zone! Oh and how about playing a little defense!?!?!

Old
12-13-2003, 03:55 PM
David A. Rainer

Well, Osgood's SV% is best in the 1st period with a .936. Then he tails off to .913 in the 2nd and a horrible .904 in the 3rd while Huet's is a robust .923 in the 2nd and .944 in the 3rd. At least we have that going for us.

Old
12-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
Well, Osgood's SV% is best in the 1st period with a .936. Then he tails off to .913 in the 2nd and a horrible .904 in the 3rd while Huet's is a robust .923 in the 2nd and .944 in the 3rd. At least we have that going for us.
That's assuming that the Kings are going to show up for the rest of the game. They took the first period off...again. :mad:

Not looking good so far in the second period. Huet already has to make a tough save.

Closed Thread