NEHJ - late Sunday article
Carbon Copy Wanted

Terry O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 06:36 AM
ranold26
Petarry Chiarinden

vCash: 500
"Something to remember," said an excited MacDonald, who turned away 26 shots in the triumph over the legendary Martin Biron (26 saves on 29 shots). "[Brodeur] is close to having the records for most wins all-time, and it just feels unbelievable to have a 'W' next to my name against a guy like that."

Kevin,
Martin Biron thanks you for the kind words and you being a fan.

Just some thoughts on the game last night: I'm very impressed with the last two games, the goaltending and D are looking great....and the forwards are getting it done. Not to toot MacDonald's horn here, but the FSNY telecast last night was going on about MacDonald's stance and how he is a rare half-butterfly goalie......like Brodeur. They said the kid looked very solid.....can't say I disagree.
We NJ'd NJ.

Last edited by ranold26: 03-05-2007 at 06:42 AM.
ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 06:38 AM
Smerri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
"Something to remember," said an excited MacDonald, who turned away 26 shots in the triumph over the legendary Martin Biron (26 saves on 29 shots). "[Brodeur] is close to having the records for most wins all-time, and it just feels unbelievable to have a 'W' next to my name against a guy like that."

Kevin,
Martin Biron thanks you for the kind words and you being a fan.

Smerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Shinny

Quote:
Petr Tenkrat landed a half-dozen hits, tops for either team. The rest of the Bruins combined for only 13 hits.

Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Strafer

After so many disapointments I was afraid when we started the 3rd that the B's were gonna slump back to their old ways and fold in on MacDonald. But it wasn't going to happen, and it was a whole team effort. The forwards dropped back nicely, the d stood up and played their positions strong, and althoug I wasn't a fan of the trade for Ward I'm a fan now, he brought a calmness and confident demeanor to the team. He is captain material, or at least assistant captain. On paper Chia's moves seemed --blah, but I have to give him credit, I think (so far) these guys look tailor made for what the Bruins needed. Kudos!

Strafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:22 AM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
After so many disapointments I was afraid when we started the 3rd that the B's were gonna slump back to their old ways and fold in on MacDonald. But it wasn't going to happen, and it was a whole team effort. The forwards dropped back nicely, the d stood up and played their positions strong, and althoug I wasn't a fan of the trade for Ward I'm a fan now, he brought a calmness and confident demeanor to the team. He is captain material, or at least assistant captain. On paper Chia's moves seemed --blah, but I have to give him credit, I think (so far) these guys look tailor made for what the Bruins needed. Kudos!
I was very surprised and impressed to see that the Bruins are 15-1-2 when leading after 2 periods. I thought with their horrible goal differential in the 3rd period and thier tendencies to collapse there would be a lot more losses.

CombatOnContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Zikky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
I was very surprised and impressed to see that the Bruins are 15-1-2 when leading after 2 periods. I thought with their horrible goal differential in the 3rd period and thier tendencies to collapse there would be a lot more losses.
We saved a lot of collapses in SO wins

Zikky is offline   Reply With Quote