HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

March 5th articles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2007, 06:28 AM
  #1
Terry O
Registered User
 
Terry O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: NH:WILDCAT Country
Country: United States
Posts: 2,217
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Terry O
March 5th articles

Globe
MacDonald savors his saves
Jersey no barrier to grinding Bruins

Herald
What a weekend for B's
MacDonald shines in debut
B's Inch Closer In Unlikely Win

Projo
Bruins are back in the picture

NEHJ - late Sunday article
Carbon Copy Wanted

Terry O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 06:36 AM
  #2
ranold26
Petarry Chiarinden
 
ranold26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,473
vCash: 500
"Something to remember," said an excited MacDonald, who turned away 26 shots in the triumph over the legendary Martin Biron (26 saves on 29 shots). "[Brodeur] is close to having the records for most wins all-time, and it just feels unbelievable to have a 'W' next to my name against a guy like that."

Kevin,
Martin Biron thanks you for the kind words and you being a fan.

Just some thoughts on the game last night: I'm very impressed with the last two games, the goaltending and D are looking great....and the forwards are getting it done. Not to toot MacDonald's horn here, but the FSNY telecast last night was going on about MacDonald's stance and how he is a rare half-butterfly goalie......like Brodeur. They said the kid looked very solid.....can't say I disagree.
We NJ'd NJ.


Last edited by ranold26: 03-05-2007 at 06:42 AM.
ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 06:38 AM
  #3
Smerri
Registered User
 
Smerri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
"Something to remember," said an excited MacDonald, who turned away 26 shots in the triumph over the legendary Martin Biron (26 saves on 29 shots). "[Brodeur] is close to having the records for most wins all-time, and it just feels unbelievable to have a 'W' next to my name against a guy like that."

Kevin,
Martin Biron thanks you for the kind words and you being a fan.

Smerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:54 AM
  #4
Shinny
Registered User
 
Shinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 9,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Petr Tenkrat landed a half-dozen hits, tops for either team. The rest of the Bruins combined for only 13 hits.

Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:03 AM
  #5
Strafer
Registered User
 
Strafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: da Hub
Country: United States
Posts: 5,050
vCash: 500
After so many disapointments I was afraid when we started the 3rd that the B's were gonna slump back to their old ways and fold in on MacDonald. But it wasn't going to happen, and it was a whole team effort. The forwards dropped back nicely, the d stood up and played their positions strong, and althoug I wasn't a fan of the trade for Ward I'm a fan now, he brought a calmness and confident demeanor to the team. He is captain material, or at least assistant captain. On paper Chia's moves seemed --blah, but I have to give him credit, I think (so far) these guys look tailor made for what the Bruins needed. Kudos!

Strafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:22 AM
  #6
CombatOnContact
 
CombatOnContact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Country: Malaysia
Posts: 16,157
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
After so many disapointments I was afraid when we started the 3rd that the B's were gonna slump back to their old ways and fold in on MacDonald. But it wasn't going to happen, and it was a whole team effort. The forwards dropped back nicely, the d stood up and played their positions strong, and althoug I wasn't a fan of the trade for Ward I'm a fan now, he brought a calmness and confident demeanor to the team. He is captain material, or at least assistant captain. On paper Chia's moves seemed --blah, but I have to give him credit, I think (so far) these guys look tailor made for what the Bruins needed. Kudos!
I was very surprised and impressed to see that the Bruins are 15-1-2 when leading after 2 periods. I thought with their horrible goal differential in the 3rd period and thier tendencies to collapse there would be a lot more losses.

CombatOnContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:25 AM
  #7
Zikky
Registered User
 
Zikky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
I was very surprised and impressed to see that the Bruins are 15-1-2 when leading after 2 periods. I thought with their horrible goal differential in the 3rd period and thier tendencies to collapse there would be a lot more losses.
We saved a lot of collapses in SO wins

Zikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.