HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2007 NHL Entry Draft - Selections, Prospects, and Rankings

Old
06-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
Sather might grab him, he seems to love bloodlines.

Which Nash is he related to...Rick, Tyson?

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
I'd be torn...

Actually, Riley has been climbing the charts recently (ISS has him at #35 and Redline as high as #24), but I agree that 17 is just too high for him. Still, I wouldn't be surpised to see him go in the late first round, and there's good possibility that he's not around when we pick in the second.

He is the type of hardworking two-way player that the Rangers have been drafting of late, so he does fit the profile of a Ranger pick.

I'd love to see us get Nash as our 2nd round pick. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I'd love to see us get Nash as our 2nd round pick. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I think it'll be tough, he projects to go in the first half of the 2nd round(or higher), but then again, I think I said that about Anisimov last year(I had him ranked at #21 overall).

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2007, 05:11 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
ISS's mock draft now has us taking Gillies.

I don't understand why people are predicting they take him. We hav ea lot of Gillies-esque prospects.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2007, 06:11 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Which Nash is he related to...Rick, Tyson?
He doesn't have NHL bloodlines, I think JOrts is confused.

He's the younger brother of Brendon Nash, a 6'4" defensemen who just finished his Freshman year at Cornell and was named to the ECAC all rookie team.

Brendon didn't get drafter last year, but I expect he will this year. He's big, mobile for his size, and has pretty reasonable skills. He's prone to making mental errors, but he's only as freshman and he was pushed into a big role last year. Reminds me alot of Sasha Pokulok, big, skilled, sometimes flaky. He'd be a good player too look at after the 4th round.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 06:28 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Weird... just for ***** and giggles I just checked in at ESPN and - surprise! They have a mock draft up! But that's not the really big surprise - the really big surprise is that they have us picking 23 and Calgary picking 17. The story is dated 6/19/07 - did I miss a deal of some kind...?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/draft2...ory?id=2908675

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 07:26 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Weird... just for ***** and giggles I just checked in at ESPN and - surprise! They have a mock draft up! But that's not the really big surprise - the really big surprise is that they have us picking 23 and Calgary picking 17. The story is dated 6/19/07 - did I miss a deal of some kind...?

no deal, espn is just a bunch of morons

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 08:26 AM
sling

Saw this article on NHL.com about draft sleepers. At the end it mentions a Russian D named Ilya Antonovsky. Might be a guy worth a late round pick. He raced up the CSB ratings and had great stats. And what kept him playing junior was out of his control, it wasn't about his ability.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=318108

sling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 08:35 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:

You missed the thread explaining why they have us at 23. There's a thread here, somewhere.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 11:52 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
You missed the thread explaining why they have us at 23. There's a thread here, somewhere.
Hunh. Well, regardless of the reason, they've updated the draft order and now have us appropriately at #17...

...but haven't changed the players taken at each spot.

So whereas before they had Calgary drafting #17 taking Blum and us drafting at #23 taking Hamill - now they have us at #17 taking Blum and Philly drafting at #23 taking Hamill.

SO poor.

Old
06-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Hunh. Well, regardless of the reason, they've updated the draft order and now have us appropriately at #17...

So whereas before they had Calgary drafting #17 taking Blum and us drafting at #23 taking Hamill - now they have us at #17 taking Blum and Philly drafting at #23 taking Hamill.

SO poor.
Yeah, I think the ESPN author of the draft posted here, explaining the situation. It might actually be in this thread. In any event, as you say...it was poorly executed.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 02:20 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:

SO poor.
I (and I think many others) sent ESPN a E-mail saying that their establishment is a joke. Not that a mock draft is super important but it's super simple to just get a draft order correct or cross checked. They didn't care, especially when you read about the writers explanation of why it was wrong. ESPN just didn't care about hockey.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 05:53 AM
DarthSather99

Lots of trades of NHL players expected at the draft? clearing space for the free agency frenzy...

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/10233115

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 03:25 PM
bagh

SJ

So by now people have heard that the Sharks just traded for the 13th pick. it's conditional depending on whether or not the player the sharks want is in that spot.

I'm pretty sure Toronto (who owned the pick) knows who the sharks are targetting. has anyone heard who the Sharks looked at in the the combine or scouted heavily before trading their pick?

I'm just trying to figure out how this might impact the rangers.

bagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 03:31 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagh View Post
So by now people have heard that the Sharks just traded for the 13th pick. it's conditional depending on whether or not the player the sharks want is in that spot.

I'm pretty sure Toronto (who owned the pick) knows who the sharks are targetting. has anyone heard who the Sharks looked at in the the combine or scouted heavily before trading their pick?

Furthermore, if the Sharks chose not to take the pick this year, the Leaf's pick next year is lottery protected.

06-22-2007, 04:57 PM
eco's bones

If I were to make a guess. Colorado at 14 have in mind Petrecki. San Jose jumps in front of them to take Petrecki.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 05:17 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Posted this in the ESPN Mock thread, but I'll put it here too to double my chances of getting a reply:

How do I email this clown Seidel? I looked for a link, but all I could find is the general link to contact ESPN.

I'm actually annoyed enough at the fact that he (or his bosses at ESPN) finally switched the picks into the proper order, but left the players selected unchanged that I'd like to write him a note. I mean, come ON - does anyone REALLY expect the Rangers to draft a Dman?

Old
06-22-2007, 05:19 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Posted this in the ESPN Mock thread, but I'll put it here too to double my chances of getting a reply:

How do I email this clown Seidel? I looked for a link, but all I could find is the general link to contact ESPN.

I'm actually annoyed enough at the fact that he (or his bosses at ESPN) finally switched the picks into the proper order, but left the players selected unchanged that I'd like to write him a note. I mean, come ON - does anyone REALLY expect the Rangers to draft a Dman?
They'll take BPA even if that BPA is a defenseman in their eyes.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 05:20 PM
bar down*

Send a message via AIM to bar down*
Quote:

sorry i didnt see that you already had talked about the mock draft, my bad. espn does a piss poor job when it comes to hockey. its dispicable.

bar down* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 05:29 PM
John Torturella

will the new jerseys be unveiled at the draft? they have to give each of the drafted players jerseys, will they be the new ones???

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 05:33 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagh View Post

Michael Backlund. I've seen his name mentioned with the Leafs in some mock drafts. I'm not sure who the Sharks like, (I'm guessing a D-man with offensive capabilities by judging their system...Shattenkirk, perhaps?), but, I'm guessing it's makes one less suitor for Backlund, a player the Rangers appear to have their eye on.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 05:39 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Michael Backlund. I've seen his name mentioned with the Leafs in some mock drafts. I'm not sure who the Sharks like, (I'm guessing a D-man with offensive capabilities by judging their system...Shattenkirk, perhaps?), but, I'm guessing it's makes one less suitor for Backlund, a player the Rangers appear to have their eye on.
Wouldn't mind that at all Jas.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 05:42 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Wouldn't mind that at all Jas.
It was the first thing I thought when I heard the trade. The 2nd thing was that Maloney won't be dealing for Toskala.

Last edited by jas: 06-22-2007 at 06:21 PM.
jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 06:17 PM
hlundqvist30*

hahah booing for bettman

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 08:02 PM
MOENing

very very good pick Cherepanov