HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2007 NHL Entry Draft - Selections, Prospects, and Rankings

Old
04-28-2007, 10:50 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

vCash: 500
I'm in a mock now, would anyone do this deal? Assuming Alzner goes in the top 5, and a top flight forward drops to 6.

Montoya and 47th for 6th overall?

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2007, 03:44 AM
xander

why would you trade the 6th overall pick in a stronger draft (plus a second) for the 6th overall pick in a weaker draft? Makes no sense. It's not like Montoya hasn't developed like we wanted. That would be a waste.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2007, 07:11 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The NHL Central Scouting report on Lars Eller

Quote:
Fine mobile skater with good breakaway speed...physically strong allround player with a lot of tools...good over all skill level...controls the puck well...soft hands...excellent shot and strong scoring ability ...also an excellent passer and play maker...has an effective quick wristshot...smart, cool, effective....
uses his size and strenght well in game situations...excellent competitor with a good attitude...at his best when challenged

Danish born player who has improved a lot playing with Frolunda jr in the Swedish jun league...best player on Denmark U18 at World Jun U18 B-pool 05...had a great tournament when DEN U20 advanced to the A-pool Dec 06...a leading scorer in the SWE U20 league with Frolunda U20...key player on DEN U18 in April at World Jun U18, Div I

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
I'm in a mock now, would anyone do this deal? Assuming Alzner goes in the top 5, and a top flight forward drops to 6.

Montoya and 47th for 6th overall?
stop the madness! one of the top 3 goalie prospects not playing in the nhl, under the age of 22 is a primo chip, and worth a top 5 pick alone

but he will be worth 2 draft picks after he back ups for henrick and shows he can be done. stop trading away a sick young goalie, when we need a good one in the system we play. and there is no excuse for having a backup for henrey. yes he is the king of new york, new york, but jesus, you stay prepared.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
stop the madness! one of the top 3 goalie prospects not playing in the nhl, under the age of 22 is a primo chip, and worth a top 5 pick alone

but he will be worth 2 draft picks after he back ups for henrick and shows he can be done. stop trading away a sick young goalie, when we need a good one in the system we play. and there is no excuse for having a backup for henrey. yes he is the king of new york, new york, but jesus, you stay prepared.
Here, Here. That was just a proposal. In no way am I considering that.

However, if Voracek or Kane were available at 6, I really don't think there's a difference in getting a number two overall or six overall. That said, Cherepanov and Alzner are left and I'm not buying.

Old
04-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The NHL Central Scouting report on Lars Eller
Yeah, he's got me interested as well.

Along with Moller & Backlund. Would love if one of those guys dropped to us.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Geogaddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yeah, he's got me interested as well.

Along with Moller & Backlund. Would love if one of those guys dropped to us.
I havent seen yet if Eller has moved up quite a bit...but isnt Backlund considered to go in the 2nd round now?

I might be mistaken with the new rankings.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I havent seen yet if Eller has moved up quite a bit...but isnt Backlund considered to go in the 2nd round now?

I might be mistaken with the new rankings.
It's an interesting draft in regards to how random everyone's rankings seem to be. Not sure why Backlund would drop to 2nd round, but he is ranked high on a few charts, including the always lackluster CSS.

I really like Moller, a better/faster skating Immonen.

Old
04-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
It's an interesting draft in regards to how random everyone's rankings seem to be. Not sure why Backlund would drop to 2nd round, but he is ranked high on a few charts, including the always lackluster CSS.

I really like Moller, a better/faster skating Immonen.
Moller kinda reminds me of a cross between Gionta and Callahan.

Either works, and a faster Immonen is a damn good player. I'd love to see that kind of guy who can skate. He does everything, just not at an NHL speed.

Old
04-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

It seems as though every year we're talking about lists being different, but this year has got to take the cake. I can see it, as I don't have Ellerby in my top five for defenseman, and have Hickey after Alzner with Petrecki third.

Old
04-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
By all accounts, this is a pretty weak draft, so it's not surprising that many lists will be different. My cousin is an agent, and he uses a combo of CSS/ISS, his own intel, and that of amateur scouts he knows and trusts. It's like being a stock analyst.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
It seems as though every year we're talking about lists being different, but this year has got to take the cake. I can see it, as I don't have Ellerby in my top five for defenseman, and have Hickey after Alzner with Petrecki third.
I like Petrecki too. I've only seen him twice but he looks good, very physical.

Good call on Moller, that comparison is probably better than mine. I just really like the hustle and skill, plus he's not as small as some would make you believe.

Old
04-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
I like Petrecki too. I've only seen him twice but he looks good, very physical.

Good call on Moller, that comparison is probably better than mine. I just really like the hustle and skill, plus he's not as small as some would make you believe.
People are scared about Petrecki's mental game, but the kid can skate and loves contact. He would add a demension that we do not have in our system right now.

Moller's working on me bigtime. If a team doesn't have a Callahan type player in their system, I'd definately take Moller over Esposito, etc. I don't understand why he's not rocketing up like Grabner did last year though, I think he should.

For any size argument, this is my thing. Height does not equal size to me. Prucha's a good height, but he's small. Someone like Bourret is not small.

So any concern of Moller's size are unwarranted. Weight wise, he's in between a Callahan and Bourret...he's a real athletic stocky. He just buzzes, and buzzes, he's a quick dude, but he boasts a strong, sturdy skating stride and you just know the guy has his legs under him should he meet up with another player. He can get his shot off real quick with his body in any position and I like that about him. He's a player indeed.

Old
05-02-2007, 02:58 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
It's unlikely it would happen next season because Nashville scouts believe the 2008 draft class is stronger than either the 2006 or 2007 crop.

"Next year's draft could be one of those 2003 drafts a special, special draft that doesn't come along very often,'' said Fenton, referring to the draft in which the Predators picked up Ryan Suter, Klein, Weber and Sulzer among others. "We've got a list of underage guys already that we think are going to be pretty good players
.''
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....61/1328/SPORTS

Old
05-05-2007, 10:59 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

A.J. Thelen could re-enter the draft:

Quote:
Thelen might be out

It's looking very likely the Wild will not even attempt to sign 2004 first-round choice A.J. Thelen, a Savage native, by the June 1 draft. The team, which has been disappointed with his development, has not yet contacted his representation.

In exchange for losing Thelen's rights and allowing him to re-enter the draft, the Wild will receive the 42nd pick in June's draft.
http://www.startribune.com/1330/story/1164539.html

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 11:16 AM
True Blue

I would love Petrecki, but he is not going to fall that far.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Pass on Thelen, he's been a complete mess since being drafted.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, if the Rangers win this round, they pick no earlier than 27th. Otherwise, we still have the 17th pick.

I don't mind going D if Petrecki's there at 17, because the forward depth in the late first round/mid second round is better than the defensive depth. However, if Petrecki is gone I start thinking about Sweatt, Moller, and Tyrell.

Old
05-05-2007, 11:24 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Pass on Thelen, he's been a complete mess since being drafted.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, if the Rangers win this round, they pick no earlier than 27th. Otherwise, we still have the 17th pick.

I don't mind going D if Petrecki's there at 17, because the forward depth in the late first round/mid second round is better than the defensive depth. However, if Petrecki is gone I start thinking about Sweatt, Moller, and Tyrell.

We keep the 17th pick no matter what, unless we win the cup then we pick 30th.

Unless there are some sort of new draft rules i'm unaware of.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post

I think there are, let me get back to you, I think there's a tsn link...

Old
05-06-2007, 08:21 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
A.J. Thelen could re-enter the draft:

http://www.startribune.com/1330/story/1164539.html
Thelen is too old to re-enter the draft.He will a free agent

MSU Rick Comley threw Thelen off the MSU team for underage drinking

His status has been in decline since he was drafted

Old
05-06-2007, 08:23 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:

The final 4 teams will have the final 4 selections-#27-#30

Quote:
So here's all you need to know about the new rules for entry draft order of selection: The only change to the existing format is that the final four teams that make it to the Conference finals will get the final four picks in the draft, regardless of where they finished in the regular season.

The Cup champion will pick 30th, the Cup finalist 29th and the two losers from Conference championships will pick 28th and 27th. Whichever of those two teams finished lower in the regular season standings will get the 27th pick
http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columni...zie/?ID=200073

Old
05-06-2007, 08:26 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Lars Eller

Quote:
Eastern Conference NHL amateur scout (via e-mail):

"Eller has come on as much as any player in this draft. Last year you could see the skill level but he was undersized even for a junior player. This year he's grown and added strength. In terms of skill, he is a plus skater and shooter and an excellent playmaker. He's a kid with a lot of upside
."
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=7367

Old
05-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Ola

Danes are a pretty special types in sports. In general, soccer/hockey and other team sports, western Europe and especially scandinavia and germany, always plays a very diciplined team oriented game. The Danes though, while beeing a really small country, always in all sports got allot of really natrual "ball/puck talents". I wouldn't call them flashy, but they are defenitly drawn to advanced stickhandling moves/dribbles in soccer and stuff like that.

Though they never got that primadonna attitude that you often see from thoose "magicians" types from other countrys, they are still very team oriented. Its a sport crazy country, and they only got like 3m citizens, won the European Championships in soccer in 92' for example. They are forced to be perfect to go anywhere in sports.

Hockey is growing there, I doubt they can challenge one of the top 7 countrys any time the next two decades, but wouldn't at all be suprised if they could produce a few players in the Zetterberg mold in the near future.

Haven't seen Lars Eller play, but danes are a bit intruiging.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Danes are a pretty special types in sports. In general, soccer/hockey and other team sports, western Europe and especially scandinavia and germany, always plays a very diciplined team oriented game. The Danes though, while beeing a really small country, always in all sports got allot of really natrual "ball/puck talents". I wouldn't call them flashy, but they are defenitly drawn to advanced stickhandling moves/dribbles in soccer and stuff like that.

Though they never got that primadonna attitude that you often see from thoose "magicians" types from other countrys, they are still very team oriented. Its a sport crazy country, and they only got like 3m citizens, won the European Championships in soccer in 92' for example. They are forced to be perfect to go anywhere in sports.

Hockey is growing there, I doubt they can challenge one of the top 7 countrys any time the next two decades, but wouldn't at all be suprised if they could produce a few players in the Zetterberg mold in the near future.

Haven't seen Lars Eller play, but danes are a bit intruiging.
What do you think of Backlund Ola? I don't care about previous hype nor current year statistics, which were down. (I really think unfortunate injuries-knee I believe-have unnecessarily dropped his stock)

Just MO, but Mikael Backlund may be too rich a combination of skill and attitude to pass up should he last.

What does everyone else think, Backlund or Eller?

Old
05-06-2007, 05:31 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

sorry i havent been paying attention to the draft
but are there any nhl ready players that will be exciting to watch?

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote