HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade proposal (Tampa & montreal)

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2003, 06:04 AM
shayne

vCash: 500
Trade proposal (Tampa & montreal)

alexander Svitov for Marcel Hossa

Old
12-12-2003, 06:26 AM
McMatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne
alexander Svitov for Marcel Hossa
I'm thinking Hainsey or Komisarek would be closer, but not a terrible proposal.

Old
12-12-2003, 06:30 AM
shayne

i understand your counter but

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Bear
I'm thinking Hainsey or Komisarek would be closer, but not a terrible proposal.
i just wonder if the hossa move would do it, i think the habs need Hainsey komisarek markov and souray to be their big 4 for the next several years, the habs have some good forwards like plecanek, balej, higgins, perezhougin and kats so hossa might be movable.

Old
12-12-2003, 06:49 AM
Habsfunk

Hossa wouldn't be enough to get Svitov. While Tampa isn't too happy with Svitov's play, Hossa isn't any better and has a less potential. I would definitely love to see the Habs pick up Svitov because we could really use a big centre in the system, but I wonder what Tampa Bay would want for him, if he's available at all.

Old
12-12-2003, 08:12 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Look at it this way.

Montreal is trying to fill a need of a big, young PF up the middle. Svitov is a perfect fit.

Now, what does Tampa need? A young d-man with #1 potential. Komisarek would fit that bill.

give to get.

Old
12-12-2003, 08:57 AM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
Look at it this way.

Montreal is trying to fill a need of a big, young PF up the middle. Svitov is a perfect fit.

Now, what does Tampa need? A young d-man with #1 potential. Komisarek would fit that bill.

give to get.
nah komi is not the solution ..
hainsey would be better ...
I wouldn't touch a komi for svitov deal..
but hainsey for svitov will be perfect for both teams!
Anyway I think that montreal are ok right now...
maybe next year but not at the price of komisarek !
never

Old
12-12-2003, 09:11 AM
AEKaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
nah komi is not the solution ..
hainsey would be better ...
I wouldn't touch a komi for svitov deal..
but hainsey for svitov will be perfect for both teams!
Anyway I think that montreal are ok right now...
maybe next year but not at the price of komisarek !
never

I am suprised you're saying this.
You know that Komisarek is better and younger right?
Well I find him to be... most of the habs fans too...

Old
12-12-2003, 09:51 AM
Bolthed

The way Habs fans think of Komisarek (top prospect) is the same way Lightning fans think of Svitov. Not much else you could offer that would even get our attention.

Old
12-12-2003, 10:07 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. kUkLs
I am suprised you're saying this.
You know that Komisarek is better and younger right?
Well I find him to be... most of the habs fans too...
He's a Habs fan, and was saying this from a Habs POV, with which I agree. No way in hell will Komisarek move out of Montreal for Svitov. I like Svitov's all around nasty game, but am certainly not high on his upside from what I say of him in Hamilton.

On the other hand, Komisarek is already in the NHL and if it wasn't for all the vets on the right side, would be playing regularly. He's already better than Quintal and Rivet with only a handful of games played in this league.

No way he's going to become an all-star though IMO, but he's going to be a rock defensively logging tons of ice time in a very short while. Montreal didn't have this kind of Dman in a decade. Svitov is not interesting enough to get him out of there.

Old
12-12-2003, 11:37 AM
Timmy1973

Hainsey might not be so bad. Its certainly better than some ideas I've seen for Svitov. The Lightning need a puck moving lefty which Hainsey is. However, I think its still early to pull the plug on Svitov. We went through quite an ordeal to get him here in the first place so he'll have a few more chances to show what he can do.

Old
12-12-2003, 11:44 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
He's a Habs fan, and was saying this from a Habs POV, with which I agree. No way in hell will Komisarek move out of Montreal for Svitov. I like Svitov's all around nasty game, but am certainly not high on his upside from what I say of him in Hamilton.

On the other hand, Komisarek is already in the NHL and if it wasn't for all the vets on the right side, would be playing regularly. He's already better than Quintal and Rivet with only a handful of games played in this league.

No way he's going to become an all-star though IMO, but he's going to be a rock defensively logging tons of ice time in a very short while. Montreal didn't have this kind of Dman in a decade. Svitov is not interesting enough to get him out of there.
Agreed

Komo will not be going anywhere......he is going to help form the back-bone of the blueline for the habs for many years(Komisarek, Markov, Souray, Hainsey)

Old
12-12-2003, 12:05 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed
The way Habs fans think of Komisarek (top prospect) is the same way Lightning fans think of Svitov. Not much else you could offer that would even get our attention.
After seeing both play in Hamilton I'm going to have to give a big HELL NO! Svitov is just not on the same level. Hossa plus another prospect or a 3rd rounder would be the most I'd give up for Svitov.

Old
12-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Habsfunk

I would do Hainsey for Svitov in a second.

Old
12-12-2003, 07:47 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Svitov is hyped because he was a top 10 first rounder. I wouldn't trade anything too valuable for him because I see him as a 3rd liner Bobby Holik clone at best. His MAX upside is of a 2nd liner that plays with grit. I'd love to get him on my team, but not at the expense of Komisarek or other key players. However, I'd deal guys who haven't broken anything on the habs. Ex: Hossa or Hainsey.

Old
12-13-2003, 12:30 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfunk
Of course you would. Because it's ridiculously unfair.

To the original proposal, Svitov's ceiling is much higher than Hossa's, IMO, so I wouldn't do that deal. Komisarek would pique my interest, but I'm not even sure about that one. Definitely much closer to fair value-wise, though.

Old
12-13-2003, 02:15 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeminus
Of course you would. Because it's ridiculously unfair.

To the original proposal, Svitov's ceiling is much higher than Hossa's, IMO, so I wouldn't do that deal. Komisarek would pique my interest, but I'm not even sure about that one. Definitely much closer to fair value-wise, though.
Ridiculously unfair? Yeah right. BTW Hainsey's ceilling is probably much higher than Komisarek's.

Old
12-14-2003, 06:58 AM
habitants9_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Ridiculously unfair? Yeah right. BTW Hainsey's ceilling is probably much higher than Komisarek's.

Its true it is, its just the Habs need a physical presence like Komi, so he is valued more by the organization.

Svitov would fill a big hole in the middle, we even need a big centre right now.

I can see a Hossa and Korneev going to Tampa for Svitov.

Here's why...Tampa wants a puck carrying defensemen, and they get exactly that in Korneev. It also dramtically improves their future on D.

Hossa could be that winger that Lecavalier needs. He has good playaking skills, and some very good scoring skills. With Hossa, they get a player missing confidence, and with a lot of upside.

Svitov isn't the same prospect he once was. He does have star potential, but the coach doesn't like him. Their not happy with him. Simple as that!

This wouldn't hurt Tampa as they have Cibak, Richards, Lecavalier, Taylor down the middle. On top of that they have a future PF in Alexeev.

This would make the future Habs look good:

Kastsitsin Svitov Perezhogin
Higgins Koivu Ryder
Zednik Plekanec Balej
Bulis Begin Ward

Souray Komisarek
Hainsey Gauthier
Markov Briesbois

Theodore
Garon

Trade...Ribeiro for Gauthier

Old
12-14-2003, 01:18 PM
Bolthed

The coach was trying to motivate the organization's top prospect. There's no panic in Feaster, he regards Svitov very highly. If the young man is traded this season, methinks it'll be for established high-end talent a la Roman Hamrlik (if not straight up then in a multi-player deal).

Hossa just won't do, no matter how you package him. Take a look at the Lightning roster - there are plenty of young scoring forwards already developing and more in the minors, Hossa isn't even on Feaster's radar.

As for Komi and Hainsey, yes they are nice young dmen but where is this upside you Habs fans speak of? I've watched a fair share of both play in the NHL and even though it's early in their careers I would think we'd have seen more "flashes" of high-end skills by now.

Joeminus, like a lot of Lightning fans, has every right to ponder whether the Lightning would be smart to even consider a Svitov-Komisarek deal (especially since the Bolts already have a big, young physical dman already making an impact in Cory Sarich).

Some of you may not like this, but if the Habs want Svitov, they'd have to be willing to talk about Andrei Markov. At least that would keep Feaster from hanging up the phone.

Old
12-15-2003, 09:08 AM
Lambert Closse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfunk

Is it just me or Ron Hainsey remind me a lot of Bryan Fogarty

Old
12-15-2003, 02:56 PM
Heater15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert Closse
Is it just me or Ron Hainsey remind me a lot of Bryan Fogarty
no because hes not a drunk

Old
12-15-2003, 03:55 PM
Lambert Closse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater15
no because hes not a drunk

He is not, although according to his former landlord he left his unpaid appartment in Qubec City in a very bad shape.

I was refering to the nonchalant way this obviously talented guy plays the game.

Closed Thread