HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who will be traded?

View Poll Results: Who will be traded?
Kaberle 1 2.63%
Stajan 1 2.63%
Antropov 8 21.05%
Ponikarovsky 2 5.26%
Jackman 7 18.42%
Colaiacovo 4 10.53%
Steen 0 0%
Tucker 5 13.16%
Other 5 13.16%
A combination of the above 5 13.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-12-2003, 10:25 AM
  #1
wasting time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,887
vCash: 500
Who will be traded?

1. Assume JF makes a trade for a run this year, then,
2. who is the guy to be traded?

wasting time is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 10:27 AM
  #2
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
I don't think he'll move a roster player.

He'll probably move a pick or prospect for a veteran defenseman at the deadline.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 10:29 AM
  #3
wasting time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
I don't think he'll move a roster player.

He'll probably move a pick or prospect for a veteran defenseman at the deadline.
Wow you are fast!

wasting time is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 10:31 AM
  #4
wasting time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
I don't think he'll move a roster player.

He'll probably move a pick or prospect for a veteran defenseman at the deadline.

I kind of agree. I think someone like Bell, Hedin, Kondriatev etc. for a rental defenseman. Nothing big.

wasting time is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 10:36 AM
  #5
Savage
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Savage Send a message via MSN to Savage
Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
I don't think he'll move a roster player.

He'll probably move a pick or prospect for a veteran defenseman at the deadline.
I think he has no choice to send a roster player the other way when you look at the numbers.

With a full lineup we've got Poni, Perrott, Jackman or Belak sitting with a 23 man roster and unless you're going to place them on waviers and hope they don't get picked up which won't happen then you simply can't make a trade without giving up a roster player because it's against NHL rules. I think one of those 1 or even 2 are likely to be included in any deal.

Savage is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 11:02 AM
  #6
Pinto
Burn Them All
 
Pinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hagersville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,357
vCash: 105
a top 4 defenceman rent-a-player would cost a 2nd or 3rd round pick, not a roster player

Pinto is online now  
Old
12-12-2003, 11:30 AM
  #7
Savage
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Savage Send a message via MSN to Savage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinto80
a top 4 defenceman rent-a-player would cost a 2nd or 3rd round pick, not a roster player
As I stated above it's impossible to add a roster players without subtracting one and I'm pretty sure the Leafs would much rather trade one that place him on waviers because they have atleast got some control as to where he goes.

Savage is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 11:31 AM
  #8
Epoch
Registered User
 
Epoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,215
vCash: 500
With Pilar back, Jackman could get the axe.

Jackman for Cairns?

Epoch is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 11:34 AM
  #9
Savage
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Savage Send a message via MSN to Savage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR-TOWN
With Pilar back, Jackman could get the axe.

Jackman for Cairns?
We already have Cairns, we just renamed him Marchment. That was just one of many stupid rumors coming out of Berger's mouth.

Savage is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 03:18 PM
  #10
Leaf Lander
Registered User
 
Leaf Lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BWO Headquarters
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,755
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
Stajan
Antropov
Ponikarovsky
Jackman
Colaiacovo
Steen
Tucker


any of them could go

I would like to see any of the islander top 4 d-man land in toronto

Jason smith mike comries Marian Gaborik or doug weight

hey it's a dream

santa are you listening

Leaf Lander is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 03:34 PM
  #11
berney fkaj
Registered User
 
berney fkaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Around
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,670
vCash: 500
They have to make room on there roster, So I think there will be a combination trade. We can either trade guys like Poni, Jackman, belak for draft picks, or we can go out and make the big trade. Something like Antropov, Jackman and a pick or God bless them they for some reason would like Belak for Gonchar or another big name D.

berney fkaj is offline  
Old
12-13-2003, 05:28 AM
  #12
wasting time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,887
vCash: 500
It seems as though Antropov is an early lead to be traded. I don't think he will though because his injury status has diminished his trade value quite a bit. It would not be wise to trade him now.

The Leafs are still stocked with young D men so I think one of them will be part of a package (including a lower roster player like Perrott, Belak, Poni etc.) for a rental defenseman at the trade deadline.

Younger guys coming up next year like D'Amour and White are only going to replenish the D stock even more, plus Turon and Kelly will have another year under their belts to play a regular role in the AHL - I hope.

Bell + (lower roster player) for:
Richardson
Carney (assuming no playoff for Anaheim)
Zhitnik
Hill
Hedican
Rivet
Malakhov
Hulse

Something like that.

Or they can sweaten the deal for a Witt, Smith, Souray, Aucoin etc. (not likely at all though)

wasting time is offline  
Old
12-13-2003, 05:54 AM
  #13
Pinto
Burn Them All
 
Pinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hagersville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,357
vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasting time
It seems as though Antropov is an early lead to be traded. I don't think he will though because his injury status has diminished his trade value quite a bit. It would not be wise to trade him now.

The Leafs are still stocked with young D men so I think one of them will be part of a package (including a lower roster player like Perrott, Belak, Poni etc.) for a rental defenseman at the trade deadline.

Younger guys coming up next year like D'Amour and White are only going to replenish the D stock even more, plus Turon and Kelly will have another year under their belts to play a regular role in the AHL - I hope.

Bell + (lower roster player) for:
Richardson
Carney (assuming no playoff for Anaheim)
Zhitnik
Hill
Hedican
Rivet
Malakhov
Hulse

Something like that.

Or they can sweaten the deal for a Witt, Smith, Souray, Aucoin etc. (not likely at all though)
From that list, Witt interests me the most

Pinto is online now  
Old
12-13-2003, 06:16 AM
  #14
berney fkaj
Registered User
 
berney fkaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Around
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,670
vCash: 500
I no there is all the buzz around the Islanders camp, and all the other popular choices out there for a D comming Toronto's way. I was thinking mabey we could land Dick Tarnstrom. I not sure how much he makes, so it might not be classed as a fire sale, but they are just awful, and if we offer them a coulple of roster players (poni, Jackman, belak druken, ect) and a prospect, they might go for it. What do you think.

berney fkaj is offline  
Old
12-13-2003, 06:29 AM
  #15
DocHolliday
Registered User
 
DocHolliday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by berney fkaj
I no there is all the buzz around the Islanders camp, and all the other popular choices out there for a D comming Toronto's way. I was thinking mabey we could land Dick Tarnstrom. I not sure how much he makes, so it might not be classed as a fire sale, but they are just awful, and if we offer them a coulple of roster players (poni, Jackman, belak druken, ect) and a prospect, they might go for it. What do you think.
If you can get someone with a pulse for Belak, TAKE IT

DocHolliday is offline  
Old
12-13-2003, 06:40 AM
  #16
nordique
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Please don't try to say they wouldn't make a trade for fear of losing Perrott or Belak to waivers.

 
Old
12-13-2003, 06:47 AM
  #17
Savage
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Savage Send a message via MSN to Savage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique
Please don't try to say they wouldn't make a trade for fear of losing Perrott or Belak to waivers.
I don't think anyone is saying that. I'm simply saying that they would look to trade a roster player in any deal to make room on there roster instead of simply placing them on waviers andnot really have any option as to where the player in question would end up.

Savage is offline  
Old
12-13-2003, 07:04 AM
  #18
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 40,322
vCash: 500
antropov eh.
interesting

for who ?

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
12-13-2003, 07:10 AM
  #19
nordique
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
I think Quinn would have traded Antropov.

JFJ, I'm not so sure

 
Old
12-13-2003, 11:43 AM
  #20
wasting time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,887
vCash: 500
he is under 25 and he is a forward. for that reason alone they should keep him. they are thin there.

wasting time is offline  
Old
12-13-2003, 04:56 PM
  #21
Leaf Lander
Registered User
 
Leaf Lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BWO Headquarters
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,755
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
with nieuwendyk being injured good thing we got extra bodies

looks liek druken will be called back up eh

Leaf Lander is offline  
Old
12-15-2003, 11:43 AM
  #22
Kugel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmour's Way
Stajan
Antropov
Ponikarovsky
Jackman
Colaiacovo
Steen
Tucker


any of them could go

I would like to see any of the islander top 4 d-man land in toronto

Jason smith mike comries Marian Gaborik or doug weight

hey it's a dream

santa are you listening
of the leafs trade tucker, carlo or steen they r stupid.... i dont think anyone would want jackman unless for a salary dump, poni im not sure about either, i like him alot but im not sure about other clubs. the leafs shouldnt deal any of their top 4 picks for a rent-a-pplayer. look at last year, we dealt away a $hit load of picks in one of the deepest drafts in years. we coulda got o'sullivan instead we got a high school D-man in doherty. the leafs have to stop trading away the futre for rental players sooner or later. it might as well be sooner. i cant wait till after this year and they dump alot of salary like reneberg and reichal.

Kugel is offline  
Old
12-16-2003, 06:29 AM
  #23
Volcanologist
Used Register
 
Volcanologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Cosmodrome
Country: Germany
Posts: 20,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
we coulda got o'sullivan instead we got a high school D-man in doherty.
No, we couldn't.

O'Sullivan was drafted right ahead of our pick.

Volcanologist is online now  
Old
12-16-2003, 07:30 AM
  #24
Kugel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese
No, we couldn't.

O'Sullivan was drafted right ahead of our pick.
we coulda traded up.... some teams do this(is the devils). we gave away alot of picks what is one moer to get a talent like o'sullivan.

Kugel is offline  
Old
12-16-2003, 07:39 AM
  #25
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
I don't see why some Leafs fans are putting Doherty down.

He's a freshman at New Hampshire which doesn't get him much playing time. He's got 2 points in 6 games which isn't bad... I'm not sure how he's playing, but a big offensive defenseman sounds pretty good.

leafaholix* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.