HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4 - 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2007, 08:47 AM
  #1
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,948
vCash: 500
4 - 2

if before the homestand began, if you were told that we would go 3-1-2 or 4-2 in normal terms, I don't think anyone would complain. 8 out of 12 points is a good start. Only lost 1 in regulation, 2 in Shootout. Boys gotta turn it up now. Most games left are on the road.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:09 AM
  #2
Skroob*
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
if before the homestand began, if you were told that we would go 3-1-2 or 4-2 in normal terms, I don't think anyone would complain. 8 out of 12 points is a good start. Only lost 1 in regulation, 2 in Shootout. Boys gotta turn it up now. Most games left are on the road.
well they have a better record on the road than at home, so that may not be so bad.

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:09 AM
  #3
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,874
vCash: 500
Fortunately for them they play better on the road.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:33 AM
  #4
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
if before the homestand began, if you were told that we would go 3-1-2 or 4-2 in normal terms, I don't think anyone would complain. 8 out of 12 points is a good start. Only lost 1 in regulation, 2 in Shootout. Boys gotta turn it up now. Most games left are on the road.
You are right, but to be brutally honest we lost two games to TWO of the worst teams in the NHL.

Where was the team we saw last night against the BJ's?

Regardless. One Game at a time. The team that showed up last night at MSG could beat any team in the NHL?

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:44 AM
  #5
Evgeny Oliker
Registered User
 
Evgeny Oliker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,582
vCash: 500
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
You are right, but to be brutally honest we lost two games to TWO of the worst teams in the NHL.

Where was the team we saw last night against the BJ's?

Regardless. One Game at a time. The team that showed up last night at MSG could beat any team in the NHL?
Again, its not who you beat to make the playoffs, but if you make the playoffs. So if lose to BJs and whoever, and still make the playoffs, who cares?!

Yes, this team can beat any team right now I think.

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:12 AM
  #6
frozenrubber
Registered User
 
frozenrubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 2,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
Again, its not who you beat to make the playoffs, but if you make the playoffs. So if lose to BJs and whoever, and still make the playoffs, who cares?!

Yes, this team can beat any team right now I think.
Being completely realistic...this team is WAY over it's head at the moment. With the current injuries and the way the roster is situated, the Rangers are playing well above their respective overall talent.

I love this team and wish for them to continue to give efforts like they showed against the Islanders, but unless they can manufacture scoring from mysterious places, this team can be poised for a BIG slide.

Renney bashing has been very prevalent this year, but this is some of the tightest defensive hockey I've seen the Rangers play in years...

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:55 AM
  #7
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 15,018
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Fortunately for them they play better on the road.
Must be the relief of not hearing the fantastic masterpiece that is...

"Let's gooo raaangers" ^^

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:00 PM
  #8
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,948
vCash: 500
The way I see it is the team had been playing under its ability all year due to lack of effort or maybe just missing pieces. However with Avery and Girardi coming, the team has really solidified things greatly. Mara has done well defensively and contributes offensively and it feels like the Rangers haven't lost much with Ward except his physical presence. Now Prucha and Cullen are playing great. Hossa was until he got hurt. Jagr is starting to wake up a bit. Straka is back even if he isn't 100%. So things aren't too bad. Sure Tyutin is out, now Hossa's out, and Shanny is still out. However, you never know who will step up when someone else is out. The defense was solid yesterday with the exception of the fluke goal off of Mara (which was less due to defensive mistake than luck). So let's hope that they keep it up.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:05 PM
  #9
Evgeny Oliker
Registered User
 
Evgeny Oliker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,582
vCash: 500
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
The way I see it is the team had been playing under its ability all year due to lack of effort or maybe just missing pieces. However with Avery and Girardi coming, the team has really solidified things greatly. Mara has done well defensively and contributes offensively and it feels like the Rangers haven't lost much with Ward except his physical presence. Now Prucha and Cullen are playing great. Hossa was until he got hurt. Jagr is starting to wake up a bit. Straka is back even if he isn't 100%. So things aren't too bad. Sure Tyutin is out, now Hossa's out, and Shanny is still out. However, you never know who will step up when someone else is out. The defense was solid yesterday with the exception of the fluke goal off of Mara (which was less due to defensive mistake than luck). So let's hope that they keep it up.
Agreed.

The point I want to make is that at the start of the season we just didnt have the DEPTH to face injuries. At the start of the season, if we had an injury to a top-6 player, the guy stepping into their spot was a Jason Ward or Adam Hall or freaking Jason Krog. With those bums gone, we have some real depth now with guys like Sean Avery, Brad Isbister, Marcel Hossa (stepping up), and Jarkko Immonen.

So to be honest, although it would be nice to have Shany back ,I think we can win without him and WE HAVE thus far.

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.