Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Flames' Lines.

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2003, 08:40 PM
Hockeycrazed07

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
Flames' Lines.

Hey all,
What are the lines that are currently in use by the Flames? How do injuries play a part? How often do they change? Most importantly, what would you like them to be?

Thanks in advance!
~Crazed.

Old
12-11-2003, 08:51 PM
kruezer

Right now its kinda sketchy, they supposedly played with these lines tonight, to start with anyway.

Green - Yelle - Iginla
Gelinas - McAmmond - Donovan
Saprykin - Lombardi - Clark
Oliwa - Morgan - Kobasew
Injured - Betts, He'd be centering Morgan's line.
- Conroy, He'd be where McAmmond is most likely he and Donovan had some nice chem going
- Reinprecht, He'd be with Iginla, with McAmmond likely riding shotgun, or Saprykin, or Lombardi, its iffy right now.
- Lowry is a constant healthy scratch, learning to coach IMO. Morgan/Green are callups.

Regehr - Leopold
Warrener- Gauthier
Montador - Ference
Injured - Lydman is out. Normally he'd be with Ference and eating quite a bit of minutes.

Kipprusoff
McLennan
Injured - Turek, McLennan will be gone when he returns, too bad...by all reports J-Mac is a good guy.

Old
12-11-2003, 08:53 PM
kruezer

BTW Yelle was also taken out of the game due to a precautionary action after a knee injury, thats not cool, we need all the centers we can get right now.

Old
12-12-2003, 07:10 AM
Sec of Partying Down

My new lines:

Gelinas-Morgan-Iginla
Saprykin-Lombardi-Clark
Green-McAmmond-Donovan
Oliwa-Lowry-Kobasew

Old
12-12-2003, 08:40 AM
Hockeycrazed07

Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
Hask Kobasew been that bad? He's on the 4th line in everyone's lines. I realize that guys like Donovan have scored more, but is it due to Kobasew's play, or just bad luck/lines?

Thanks once again!
~Crazed.

Old
12-12-2003, 11:03 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycrazed07
Hask Kobasew been that bad? He's on the 4th line in everyone's lines. I realize that guys like Donovan have scored more, but is it due to Kobasew's play, or just bad luck/lines?

Thanks once again!
~Crazed.
Kobasew hasn't won himself a spot on the scoring lines as of yet. So Iginla and Donovan lock down the most ice time on RW and Clark has probably been more consistent than Kobasew as well. Chuck had a great camp and preseason but just hasn't shown much this year. Saprykin on the other hand had an unimpressive camp and was scratched several times early in the season but has come on very strong and is starting to play consistently and create scoring chances.

Lines I'd use when healthy...

Saprykin-Reinprecht-Iginla
Gelinas-Conroy-Donovan
McAmmond-Lombardi-Clark
Oliwa\Green-Betts-Kobasew

Regehr-Leopold
Lydman-Warrener
Gauthier-Ference

Lines we have been using

Green-Yelle-Iginla
Gelinas-McAmmond-Donovan
Saprykin-Lombardi-Clark
Oliwa-Morgan-Kobasew

Old
12-12-2003, 11:11 AM
looooob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Lines I'd use when healthy...

Saprykin-Reinprecht-Iginla
Gelinas-Conroy-Donovan
McAmmond-Lombardi-Clark
Oliwa\Green-Betts-Kobasew

Regehr-Leopold
Lydman-Warrener
Gauthier-Ference
Yelle doesn't make the cut??

I'm assuming that's just an oversight. to me I think you slot him in at 3rd line C where Lombardi is, and give serious thought to Lombardi going to Lowell, if he hasnt turned things around at all by the time the 4 centers (I still can't believe we are missing all 4 centers) come back

Old
12-12-2003, 12:06 PM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
I think when healthy Kobasew is a real possibilty for Lowell as well.
Barely saw him out there lastnight. Not sure how many minutes he got, but it didn't seem like much

Old
12-12-2003, 12:40 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob
Yelle doesn't make the cut??

I'm assuming that's just an oversight. to me I think you slot him in at 3rd line C where Lombardi is, and give serious thought to Lombardi going to Lowell, if he hasnt turned things around at all by the time the 4 centers (I still can't believe we are missing all 4 centers) come back
Oops. Yeah I'd consider sending Kobasew to the minors. To me Kobasew just hasn't shown much and I think dominating the AHL could raise his confidence.

Lombo has been inconsistent but he's made an impact in lot's of games. Unless he starts consistently becoming a non-factor I wouldn't demote him. I'd move Rhino back to LW when all are healthy.

Personally I'd like to see Lowry retire or move to the coaching ranks. Green and Oliwa can handle the 4th line IMO.

Closed Thread