minni - canucks feelings

Old
03-09-2007, 06:50 PM
BAuldie

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to BAuldie Send a message via MSN to BAuldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Here is my feeling on the whole Wild-Nucks "rivalry" thing, there is no rivalry. Yeah they had a great playoff series in 2003 and there was a little animosity in 2004, but the main players are gone on the Nucks that made the "rivalry". Yes I know that some Canucks fans turn up there nose that the lowly Minnesota Wild and fans think they have a rivalry, but to a new franchies it was a fun thing to have a "rival" to play against. Now when I watch a Wild-Canucks game it feels like another Northwest division game.

I would love to get out of the Northwest and in a division with Chicago, Detroit, and St. Louis. Fewer late night games and to get some real rivalries started with old Norris Division teams.
Don't forget the main player that made the rivalry on Minnesota.. Matt Johnson.. god knows he had some moments that caused some heated spots hehe

BAuldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 01:07 AM
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAuldie View Post
Don't forget the main player that made the rivalry on Minnesota.. Matt Johnson.. god knows he had some moments that caused some heated spots hehe
Oh man I forgot about Johnson, you guys must have hated him lol. That was a fun series more so for us though.

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 01:19 AM
Shareefruck

It was a one-sided rivalry. The Canucks did NOT get up for wild games at all. It's no disrespect to the wild, who may or may not have been the better team.. but the Canucks certainly didn't seem to think much of them.

I've liked some of the battles we've had this season though.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Aquiace
The Goggles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post
So says the pot after calling the kettle black...
Are you kidding? We have nothing BUT depth

Unless you count the Sedins as star forwards, we don't have any big guns right now. What we have are 4 lines that can score, skate and check. The responsibility is shared fairly equally. I think that's what throws off most teams, because they only send out their big line against the Sedins. Then get surprised when our 3rd and 4th lines score the game winning goals.

Talent and hard work wins games. Depth and tenacity wins series. Shut down a teams biggest line and often you disable the team.

Aquiace is offline   Reply With Quote