HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The future of the Predators

Old
03-07-2007, 05:17 PM
chriss_co

vCash: 500
The future of the Predators

Please don't flame me for this thread.. i only made it cuz it didn't seem like you guys have a thread for this (nor should you...)

but with all this talk about the Penguins moving and KC as a possible location there was some speculation (in a thread at the Penguins board) that the penguins would probably end up staying in pittsburgh and that possibly KC would be getting a team in the form of the Predators... thats what people were saying in that thread so please don't shoot the messenger...

the thread also mentioned that you have an option to leave your lease after the 07-08 season

i guess my question is:

-is it likely the preds will be moved in the near future
-is attendance that bad that you guys need to move to KC??
-i thought financial wise, nashville was in a OK situation
-and if attendance is low, WHY IS IT LOW? you guys have a great team.. heck, a contending team

thanks

chriss_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
One of, what, 300 threads on this?

Anyway, from what I gather it is NOT the fans that are keeping the attendance low. It's the corporations.

You have to remember that there are other larger sports such as the NFL in Tennessee.

And, if you remember, wasn't it 10 years ago or so that the Flames were being threatened to move. Had they not had that run a few years ago they wouldn't have the "longtime Flames fans" that started cheering...four years ago.

03-07-2007, 05:42 PM
PredDave

Last week I was driving home from work listening to XM 204 (Home Ice) as I do every day. Phil Esposito proceeds to say, "I heard a rumor that the Predators are looking to move to Las Vegas." and they proceeded to talk about it for 10-15 mins. I was rolling my eyes and cursing old Phil my entire drive home.

When people start unfounded rumors or don't have all the facts, it makes us a little irate.

All I am going to say on the matter:

* Craig Leipold appears to have no desire to move the team.
* Fan support is among the best in the league (based on actual percentage of fans, not corporate fannies).
* Corporate support is poor to below average.
* Attendance has increased steadily each year since the season prior to the lockout.
* Jealousy / ignorance about Tennessee doesn't help.
* Tennessee folks don't walk around with torn overalls, no shoes, and don a straw hat with missing teeth.

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 05:54 PM
chriss_co

sorry, didn't realize this is a recurrent topic

all valid points on your parts

good to hear the preds aren't moving and that fan support is strong (cuz thats what it really comes down to)

personally i dont want to see any teams move.. and everytime people bring up the preds as a possible team w/ a poor market i would always be puzzled because i would think the teams in the SE division are far weaker (namely, one of the florida teams or up further north in Atlanta)

anyways, thanks for ur candid responses

chriss_co is offline   Reply With Quote