HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Perezhogin Depreciation Thread

Old
03-06-2007, 10:57 AM
hab

vCash: 500
Perezhogin Depreciation Thread

A year and a half ago, he was considered our top prospect, a first or second line scorer, and I don't have to tell you guys what has happened since. I have noticed quite a difference in peoples opinions, from total wash, to young with lots of potential.
Just wondering where people see this guy next year, will he get it together, or will Gainey cut ties with him all together.....

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:00 AM
tiz

... please cut him ...

tiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:00 AM
lennywebster

******** thread .. he wasn't drafted to play on a fourth line

lennywebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Shabutie

He was great at the begining of the season, but he vanished quite some time ago.

He's not made for this system.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennywebster View Post
I agree, give him a proper shot before we start passing judgements.

03-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Athlétique_Canadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
He was great at the begining of the season, but he vanished quite some time ago.

The featured player in your avatar is going to steal his job

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennywebster View Post
Perezhogin has 12 mins ATOI.

Old
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Well I don't think anyone's questioning his talent, he's just hurting himself by taking stupid penalty after stupid penalty. He's easily our best forechecker, and has a bit of finish to him, but I've never seen someone take so many penalties in the offensive zone.

03-06-2007, 11:04 AM
TheGoalJudge

I'm not a huge supporter of +/- but there's gotta be a reason why he leads our team by a fair margin when you consider we only have 4 guys who are a + and he's the only one in double digits.

Then you obviously look at his skill set and I personally think he has all the tools.

There's a part inside of me that wants him to move on so we can really see what he can do.

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:06 AM
DDIHH

The guy is still young. I think he still have a lot of offensive upside and he's not a total liability in defensive zone.

DDIHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Well I don't think anyone's questioning his talent, he's just hurting himself by taking stupid penalty after stupid penalty. He's easily our best forechecker, and has a bit of finish to him, but I've never seen someone take so many penalties in the offensive zone.
I wonder if the taking stupid penalties in the offensive zone was one of his traits before becoming a Hab? Is there anyone that saw Perez playing in Hamilton that could tell me if he was like that with them?

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
If we get rid of him because of few penality , he'll will be like Marcel Hossa and will produce soon .

But if we keep him with us , he'll produce soon . Just be patient with him , he'll learn to not take that penality .

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
I'm not a huge supporter of +/- but there's gotta be a reason why he leads our team by a fair margin when you consider we only have 4 guys who are a + and he's the only one in double digits.

Then you obviously look at his skill set and I personally think he has all the tools.

There's a part inside of me that wants him to move on so we can really see what he can do.
I'm thinking the same way, I do think he has all the tools. But I'm just worried if we give up on him too early, the decision will come back and bite us.

Old
03-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
If we get rid of him because of few penality , he'll will be like Marcel Hossa and will produce soon .

But if we keep him with us , he'll produce soon . Just be patient with him , he'll learn to not take that penality .
Usually patience and Habs fan don't fit in the same sentence.

Old
03-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post

It doesn't matter, we don't have a system that players like Perezhogin can flourish in.

If we'd adopt a similar style to Buffalo's, the guy would be great.

Old
03-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Tricolore#20

We should have kept the Perezhogin/Bonk/Johnson line intact. I think when our struggles really mounted in January, Carbonneau split them up and as far as I can recall, they haven't really been put back together since. They were one of the best defensive lines in the league, playing the toughest opposition in the league. Perezhogin was really buzzing on that line. He seems to have a good work ethic, some good speed and would get in good positions.

I think given that experience, Perezhogin could be an effective defensive player in this league, as opposed to an offensive star. Whatever the case, he's the type of player I don't want to give up on just yet.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:14 AM
brownman*

Yeah we might as well give up on him, he plays on the 3rd and 4th lines with players who show no offensive vigor and he takes some bad penalties. At the age of 23 or 24, there's nothing left for him to learn so he might as well go back to Russia.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Give him some time on the power play and put him on a line with good players and he'll eventually put up decent numbers, be our best forechecker, and not hurt the team defensively.

Stick him on a line with Maxim Lapierre and Garth Murray and scratch him every time he takes a penalty (while at the same time ignoring the fact that there are quite a few forwards on this team that take more minor penalties per minute of ice time) and you'll get the results we've seen.

Carbo finally started using him properly for a few games before he got injured and I liked what I saw. I don't think he has much of a future in Montreal though because I think he'll go right back to the fourth line or the press box once he is healthy. If he doesn't return to Russia, I expect him to be traded and show everyone how foolish the Canadiens have been in handling him.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It doesn't matter, we don't have a system that players like Perezhogin can flourish in.

If we'd adopt a similar style to Buffalo's, the guy would be great.
I agree, a switch over to Buffalo's style of play would help not only Perezhogin, but also the majority of our offensive players.

Old
03-06-2007, 11:17 AM
afgsyko

i think its carbo's fault for not giving him a chance...yes ill be hated for saying this but i think he gives the french players more chances than the young russians,no i dont hate french people i have 2 quebecois uncles and i love them alot..i just think that latendresse is useless and perez is much more better if given a chance

afgsyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:20 AM
PockIsGoD

I'm a very patient man. I don't usually make hasty judgements about prospects. But in Perezoghin's case, time is running out. There is a lot of talent in the system at the wing, waiting for their chance to get a roster spot. Guys like Andrei Kostistyn, his brother Sergei, Grabovski, Ferland, Milroy and to a lesser extent, guys like Greg Stewart and Michael Lambert.

Perezoghin's got talent, speed, and can play a very inteligent game. But sometimes, his lazy penalties or lack of a constant effort can drive you nuts. I'd like to say that he will pick his game up and live to his potential, but I am not certain he will do it.

PockIsGoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockIsGoD View Post
I'm a very patient man. I don't usually make hasty judgements about prospects. But in Perezoghin's case, time is running out. There is a lot of talent in the system at the wing, waiting for their chance to get a roster spot. Guys like Andrei Kostistyn, his brother Sergei, Grabovski, Ferland, Milroy and to a lesser extent, guys like Greg Stewart and Michael Lambert.

Perezoghin's got talent, speed, and can play a very inteligent game. But sometimes, his lazy penalties or lack of a constant effort can drive you nuts. I'd like to say that he will pick his game up and live to his potential, but I am not certain he will do it.

For the millionth time Give him a chance to play on an offensive line before you start writing him off..

Thank you

Old
03-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Raskolnikov76

I'm not only concerned about his stupid penalties but by the fact that the guy has no balance. Always falling on his ass.

And I will not blame the coach or the system. Guys like Higgins and Plekanec have ice time because they earned it, they did what they were asked, and they showed huge progression since 2 or 3 years.

In Perezhogin's case, well I think he is done. I believe Kostytsin will get his spot next year.

Raskolnikov76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Netro

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ho View Post
The guy is still young. I think he still have a lot of offensive upside and he's not a total liability in defensive zone.
Bingo!

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Is somebody made for that system???

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote