HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fomitchev Interview

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-12-2003, 12:43 PM
  #1
aspin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Regina
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 500
Fomitchev Interview

He talks about the Oilers.

http://www.rushockey.com/events.php?...terviews&id=30

Mikhinov is on the 4th most offensive line in the leagie and he has most of the points on that line.


http://www.rushockey.com/events.php?...=sl_news&id=29


Last edited by aspin: 12-12-2003 at 12:48 PM.
aspin is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 01:11 PM
  #2
jadeddog
Registered User
 
jadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 12,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspin
He talks about the Oilers.

http://www.rushockey.com/events.php?...terviews&id=30

Mikhinov is on the 4th most offensive line in the leagie and he has most of the points on that line.


http://www.rushockey.com/events.php?...=sl_news&id=29
that league must bre pretty low scoring if mikhinov is one of the leading scorers in the league with 15 points in 25 games

jadeddog is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 06:01 PM
  #3
Allan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: United Nations
Posts: 1,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
that league must bre pretty low scoring if mikhinov is one of the leading scorers in the league with 15 points in 25 games
He's currently 33rd in league scoring, and 10th in goal scoring. It is a painfully low scoring league, though. There are only two players with over 1 ppg. 12 goalies in a 16 team league with an GAA under 2. Fomitchev has 8 SO in 22 games - on the way to easily beating the record of 14 in a season. No team averages more than 2.78 GPG, and it looks like the total per game is just over 4. I've seen several 0-0 ties this year. Really puts the NHL scoring problems in perspective, doesn't it?

Allan is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 06:23 PM
  #4
The Rage
Registered User
 
The Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stamford Bridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
He's currently 33rd in league scoring, and 10th in goal scoring. It is a painfully low scoring league, though. There are only two players with over 1 ppg. 12 goalies in a 16 team league with an GAA under 2. Fomitchev has 8 SO in 22 games - on the way to easily beating the record of 14 in a season. No team averages more than 2.78 GPG, and it looks like the total per game is just over 4. I've seen several 0-0 ties this year. Really puts the NHL scoring problems in perspective, doesn't it?
Do they play with no red line and a bigger ice surface? If so, then I think it's doubtful those changes would help the NHL.

The Rage is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 06:47 PM
  #5
Allan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: United Nations
Posts: 1,405
vCash: 500
The NHL doesn't need rule changes anyway. If you look at the current rules for hooking, holding, interference, tripping, and delay of game, you will see that if they were enforced the way they are written, there wouldn't be the problems with trapping and clutch and grab that they are having now. Moving the nets back to where they belong, which makes the neutral zone bigger, would really help, too.

Anyway, back to the point. I think they play on the international rink, but with the red line offside. This league, like the NHL, has gone in cycles with scoring, and both are at the low end right now. I can't find stats right now, but I believe that in the late 60s, and in the 40s, the NHL was as low scoring a league as it is now, and both times they gradually came out of it and became an offensive league again, to the point that it was almost silly in the 80s. I think that the group of prospects is shifting towards more scoring recently - notice the lack of available defencemen? It will improve given a few years, without major rule changes.

Allan is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 08:28 PM
  #6
Scorpion88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Devon
Posts: 183
vCash: 500
Some interesting names in the top scorers for this league though:

9. Krivokrasov
9. Zelepukin
14. Kovalenko
19. Tverdovsky

Also,

Ovechkin - 32 Games - 9 Goals, 9 Assists = 18 Points
Mikhnov - 30 Games - 10 Goals, 6 Assists = 16 Points

Not bad for our prospect in comparison to most likely the 1st overall pick in the 2004 draft.

Scorpion88 is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 08:56 PM
  #7
Allan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: United Nations
Posts: 1,405
vCash: 500
But keep in mind Mikhnov's stats when he was Ovechkin's age:

26-2-1-3

He seems to be a late bloomer, though. He has improved hugely in the last year and a half, especially in the area of consistency, and should be a good Oiler, but the comparison to Ovechkin is too flattering.

Allan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.