HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Thank You Ny Rangers!!! Thank You Thank You Thank You

Old
03-06-2007, 09:46 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Thank You Ny Rangers!!! Thank You Thank You Thank You

THANK YOU NY Rangers for your supreme effort last night at MSG against the NY Islanders.

Every one of you played a great game! The exhibition you put on last night I will always remember. You were AWESOME!!!

The NY Ranger team that showed up at MSG last night could win it all!!!!

And as great as that might be, I dont even care. As a lifelong fan I can honestly say that I just want to see the passion and 60-65 minutes of hustle and heart I witnessed last night.

Whatever it was in your heads and hearts last night, THAT'S the way to pave the road to success.

God Bless You with a Healthy, Passionate, Dominant Run from here on out!

Thank You!

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 10:01 AM
GarretJoseph

I was at the game and I thought they were pretty awful at finishing. They couldnt put the pock in the ocean last night. They should have had at least 8 or 9 goals. They were just down right awful when it came to finishing.

The first 2-3 minutes of the game, the crowd was into it.. then for the rest of the first & second... it was dead. I was very upset. Not many people cheering or doing anything (I guess because it was 1-0 NYI)

The crowd really started getting into the game at the start of the 3rd when the Blueshirts came out like mad men.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 10:08 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

DP was hot last night. He had the game of his Career. Anyway

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 10:18 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Great effort last night

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 10:20 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Playoffs or not, I'm glad we won't have to hear about getting swept by the Isles all summer.

03-06-2007, 10:25 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
I was at the game and I thought they were pretty awful at finishing. They couldnt put the pock in the ocean last night. They should have had at least 8 or 9 goals. They were just down right awful when it came to finishing.

The first 2-3 minutes of the game, the crowd was into it.. then for the rest of the first & second... it was dead. I was very upset. Not many people cheering or doing anything (I guess because it was 1-0 NYI)

The crowd really started getting into the game at the start of the 3rd when the Blueshirts came out like mad men.
Its always hard to finish when the opposing team is intelligently playing defense by clogging the shooting lanes with bodies. The Rangers had no shooting room whatsoever, and did exactly what needed to be done, pepper the hell out of DiPietro! I thought it was a great effort by the Rangers, and pretty telling that the Islanders altered their game to play them.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 10:26 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Unfortunately it wasn't back to back games. DP would have been shot.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 10:38 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

57 shots on goal
24 shots missed net
25 shots blocked

106 shots towards net!!!

DP had the game of his life last night. Rangers just need to keep that effort up and they will win win win.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 10:53 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Playoffs or not, I'm glad we won't have to hear about getting swept by the Isles all summer.
We still may have to suffer the "season's over" chant, if they get in and we don't. We play them for the last time in the first week of April. That'll be rough, please make us proud Blueshirts!!!

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:01 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
Unfortunately it wasn't back to back games. DP would have been shot.
We would have all been treated to Mr. Softee Mike Dunham in net if they were back to back after last night.That would have been fun!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:42 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
We still may have to suffer the "season's over" chant, if they get in and we don't. We play them for the last time in the first week of April. That'll be rough, please make us proud Blueshirts!!!
That would be a very unoriginal chant....thinking back to last year...

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140

Folks, let it go!

Everytime we win, someone has to complain about something. "We didnt shoot enough", "We couldnt score", "We didnt forecheck enough"

Always something!

We won the game right?! Isn't that what matters now?!

Anyway, about scoring...we dont have Shany, it was Straka's first game back and Hossa got hurt in the 2nd. It's not always that easy to score when you have a lot of injuries...so the key is to keep shooting then, which we did!

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:31 PM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
Folks, let it go!

Everytime we win, someone has to complain about something. "We didnt shoot enough", "We couldnt score", "We didnt forecheck enough"

Always something!

We won the game right?! Isn't that what matters now?!

Anyway, about scoring...we dont have Shany, it was Straka's first game back and Hossa got hurt in the 2nd. It's not always that easy to score when you have a lot of injuries...so the key is to keep shooting then, which we did!
You're right... there will be people on this board complaining no matter what. We could have won 10-0 last night and someone would be whining about some minor detail.

I thought that was an awesome display by the Rangers last night (and DiPietro too). They ran into a hot goaltender and still came away with a much needed 2 Pts.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Diehardfan419

I was there last night and let me tell ya, the building was electirc. I mean, loud. There were pockets of isle fans here and there, but not bad. The Rangers fans showed up last night...just like their team..and really impressed me. Even when we were losing, you heard tons of lets go rangers chants, DP sucks chants, etc etc. And when Prucha scored, WOW. The building erupted!!! I had just a great time..section 419 was ALIVE!!!

Diehardfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:06 PM
bar down*

Send a message via AIM to bar down*
Ya know ive never been more scared when Tom Poti had a shot in overtime. Imagine if he scored to win it. i wouldve **** myself.

bar down* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Felix the Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
THANK YOU NY Rangers for your supreme effort last night at MSG against the NY Islanders.

Every one of you played a great game! The exhibition you put on last night I will always remember. You were AWESOME!!!

And as great as that might be, I dont even care. As a lifelong fan I can honestly say that I just want to see the passion and 60-65 minutes of hustle and heart I witnessed last night.

Whatever it was in your heads and hearts last night, THAT'S the way to pave the road to success.

Thank You!
Guys, I am a die hard Isles fan and that game should have been 11-1. Rags finally played with some heart. We are lucky the Dipietro may have shown one of the best goaltending performances in the past 50 years or else it would have been an embarassment. Congrats and see you guys thursday at the barn

Felix the Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:33 PM
ThirdEye

Yep, any other team would have scored at least 10 times on those chances, but we're not just any other team - we're the Rangers. Amazing game last night but I will always be ashamed as to how many wide shots were missed on beautiful opportunities. Can't believe Jagr didn't have even one goal last night, he was all over the place. Everyone was all over the place... and nothing really to show for it. Good thing we won in the end or there'd be some really, really pissed of fans today

Still unsure of how the Rangers will come out on Thursday. All I know is the Islanders definitely won't go out there and embarrass themselves like they did last night. I'm pretty sure Nolan gave them a nice verbal beatdown after that game

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Yep, any other team would have scored at least 10 times on those chances, but we're not just any other team - we're the Rangers. Amazing game last night but I will always be ashamed as to how many wide shots were missed on beautiful opportunities. Can't believe Jagr didn't have even one goal last night, he was all over the place. Everyone was all over the place... and nothing really to show for it. Good thing we won in the end or there'd be some really, really pissed of fans today

Still unsure of how the Rangers will come out on Thursday. All I know is the Islanders definitely won't go out there and embarrass themselves like they did last night. I'm pretty sure Nolan gave them a nice verbal beatdown after that game
Actually the fact that we didnt score could be good news. If you think about it, if we even get 40-45 shots on goal on Thursday, we should have better luck and score at least 2 or 3 goals.

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 03:18 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post

Thank You!
i don't even know what to say about this..

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Garv23

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
i don't even know what to say about this..
..I had similar feelings as cycleandshoot, the first time I was with a gal.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Block More Shots

Great all-around effort...great job Rangers!

I'm sick of seeing the Rangers out-shoot their opponents and just out-playing them, but then finding a way to lose. This time though, the better team won and they really deserved it with the way they played that game.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 12:24 AM
dynamoovechkin

I heard the guy on ESPN call it one of the best hockey games of the year! Kind of the season in a nutshell- we are something like 3 best in goals against in the conference, yet are having trouble scoring.

On the left coast we couldn't get the game on TV, so I was reduced to listening to it via webcast.

In Rangers report there was some quote: " With a perfomance like that, DiPietro should ask for a contract extension!"

Cullen in overtime. Justice is sweet. Well done boys. Now keep up the emotion on Thursday!

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:58 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamoovechkin View Post
In Rangers report there was some quote: " With a perfomance like that, DiPietro should ask for a contract extension!"

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 09:37 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

THANK YOU Chris Simon!

and THANK YOU RANGERS for raising your game when it counted!

THANK YOU PRUCHA!!!

THANK YOU LORD HENRIK!!!

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 09:38 PM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
THANK YOU Chris Simon!

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote