HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

What do rangers fans want to see for the rest of year?

Old
03-06-2007, 12:09 PM
BuRe#9

vCash: 500
What do rangers fans want to see for the rest of year?

I just saw this question on a rangers blog and I was wondering what you guys think:

What do Rangers fans want to see most over the final month of the regular season?

1. The Rangers to bring up prospects to give them NHL experience?
2. To get into the playoffs at any cost
3. To see a healthy Brendan Shanahan back on the ice
4. To spoil the Islanders playoff chances

I chose the playoffs because if we don't make it this year it will just be a step back from what we had last year. The Rangers need to keep building and keep going to the playoffs at a consistent rate. Jags, Shanny aren't getting any younger. What do you guys think?

BuRe#9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:17 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRe#9 View Post
I just saw this question on a rangers blog and I was wondering what you guys think:

What do Rangers fans want to see most over the final month of the regular season?

I chose the playoffs because if we don't make it this year it will just be a step back from what we had last year. The Rangers need to keep building and keep going to the playoffs at a consistent rate. Jags, Shanny aren't getting any younger. What do you guys think?
I don't know about anyone else, but I want to see the effort we saw last night replicated the rest of the season ...regardless who plays, or who we play, and I can deal with whatever the outcome is.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:19 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

We're not trading away anyone at this point, so I see no reason not to make an all out playoff push especially when the Rangers are only 2 points out.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:23 PM
BuRe#9

Now if we do move in the standings (up or down) does that effect our draft number? Cause I know at this point we have pick 13.

Old
03-06-2007, 12:26 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Now if we do move in the standings (up or down) does that effect our draft number? Cause I know at this point we have pick 13.
The higher you finish the worse your pick. The further you go in the playoffs the worse your pick.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Yes it does, you draft according to how you finish. The better the record, the lower your 1st pick is.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Well if the Rangers are the 16th ranked team that makes the playoffs (8th in the East) and do not win the Stanley Cup, they will have the 15th overall pick in the draft this year.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:28 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Not great choices as there is a lot of overlap in the choices and a lot of choices that are irrelevant to other choices.

Personally I'll go with 1. At any cost? I would guess that that includes playing like they did last night. They can't deal kids for vets.

And I try to keep the pack together as much as I can now. They're playing well and lets get the kids used to success in the minors.

Sure I want Shanny back on the ice. But he has to be healthy.

Do I want to spoil the Isles' chances? Sure but if the Rangers get in, I don't think it will be at the Isles' expense.

03-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Fish

It's simple...I want to see 16 wins.

Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:06 PM
pld459666

I've resigned myself to the fact that we will not make the Playoffs. If we do, bonus, but I don't think that this team has the testicular fortitude to get the job done.

But to answer the question? What do I want to see from the Rangers the rest of the way?

Effort.

Efforts like last night. I want to see the team play with desperation from this point forward. I want to see emotion being worn on players sleeves and I want to see snarl out of the meek.

They have an opportunity to make the PO's, I want to see them play like they actually want to get in.

Last night they played like they wanted in, Ricky D stood tall and prevented a blood-bath, I want to see the Rangers now go to LI and force Ricky D to have a repeat performance.

Effort from here on out, that's all I want.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:22 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Wins...playoffs...stanley cup...

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 05:00 PM
BuRe#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I've resigned myself to the fact that we will not make the Playoffs. If we do, bonus, but I don't think that this team has the testicular fortitude to get the job done.

But to answer the question? What do I want to see from the Rangers the rest of the way?

Effort.

Efforts like last night. I want to see the team play with desperation from this point forward. I want to see emotion being worn on players sleeves and I want to see snarl out of the meek.

They have an opportunity to make the PO's, I want to see them play like they actually want to get in.

Last night they played like they wanted in, Ricky D stood tall and prevented a blood-bath, I want to see the Rangers now go to LI and force Ricky D to have a repeat performance.

Effort from here on out, that's all I want.
Yea i wanted that all year also...

Old
03-06-2007, 05:05 PM
broadwayblue

Don't really love those choices. I mean, take #2 for example...would anyone here really want to make the playoffs at the expense of losing one of our guys (let's say a Swede) to serious injury? I doubt it. As far as bringing up the kids...if they are ready to deserve a look while other guys are injured fine.

I guess I'd like to see Shanny back and have the team knock the Isles out. Maybe that gets us in.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 05:22 PM
BuRe#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Don't really love those choices. I mean, take #2 for example...would anyone here really want to make the playoffs at the expense of losing one of our guys (let's say a Swede) to serious injury? I doubt it. As far as bringing up the kids...if they are ready to deserve a look while other guys are injured fine.

I guess I'd like to see Shanny back and have the team knock the Isles out. Maybe that gets us in.
Valid points, however don't you want to keep moving forward as a team and not keep stepping in the opposite direction? Jagrs 35, Shanny 37. Its not like they are young and ready for team building.

Old
03-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Onion Boy

I want to see the Rangers make a push for the playoffs. Now that the trade deadline has come and gone, I'm not afraid to say it out loud.

But, anybody who expects to see last night's effort replicated for the next 16 games is out of their mind. No team can play like that every game.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 05:28 PM
-31-
portnor, pls

vCash: 50
Quote:

easy choice

-31- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 05:32 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post

easy choice
Are you serious? You would be willing to lose our #1 goalie to a season, or career ending injury just to make the playoffs? We'd be out in another sweep and have to hope Montoya was ready to be the #1 next year. I'd rather have them playing golf than suffer through that scenario.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 05:41 PM
-31-
portnor, pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Are you serious? You would be willing to lose our #1 goalie to a season, or career ending injury just to make the playoffs? We'd be out in another sweep and have to hope Montoya was ready to be the #1 next year. I'd rather have them playing golf than suffer through that scenario.
haha, I guess I'm unclear on what any costs means. if Lundqvist suffered a season ending injury with no future effects, I'd take the playoffs.

-31- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 05:48 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Let's not talk about certain players getting hurt, after Hossa got hurt, I just don't want to bring up injuries. I wish the Rangers could stay healthy for an entire season. Last season they had injury trouble, now this season the same. Granted Straka is back, Malik is back, but Shanny, Hossa, Tyutin is killing me. I'd like them to stay healthy, but if I HAD to choose one of them, I'd go with number one or three. I love Shanny and I want him healthy, but we need the younger guys to get some ice time and develop. Number four just isn't going to happen unless the Isles have some sort of catastrophic failure, and number two I don't want it (nor should you) that bad.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote