HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Listening to CKAC radio: auditors were blasting media, yet Host blasted Kovalev

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2007, 08:19 PM
  #1
Pere Noel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Listening to CKAC radio: auditors were blasting media, yet Host blasted Kovalev

I was listening to CKAC, and the radio show (les amateurs de sports - sport fans)... and people were calling over and over to blast the media...

And the host was disgusted and kept hanging up on people who were complaining, and was insisting that people should instead answer the question of the day "what do we do with Kovalev? Do we get rid of him this summer or what?"

It was completely unreal... almost like a dictatorship.

The host didn't want to hear any blame towards the media, and whenever somebody would say something positive towards Kovalev, he would go on with a salvo against him.

It was simply completely ridiculous. I am French-Canadian, and I was completely ashamed of this host reaction. Here was another French media guy, that was contributing to make us look like maniacs, and UFA killers.

Granted Kovalev doesn't show up every night and such, but if he as a host, is not even allowing auditors to express their dissatisfaction towards the media, and positive comments towards Kovalev, it becomes a one-sided-media-controled-biased-show that puts to shame any old-soviet-area-old-red-army-controled media.

Anyone of you listened to the show and have similar feelings?

PS: Moderators, this is a thread that wants to discuss CKAC and their behavior, not a Kovalev thread, so please do not merge it with a Kovalev thread, or LaPresse thread.

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 08:25 PM
  #2
LesCanadiens
Registered User
 
LesCanadiens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Okanagan Baby!
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
....and that's exactly why I am happy we have a GM that has brass balls and won't succumb to media scum.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 08:27 PM
  #3
Garo
Registered User
 
Garo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montréal
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,491
vCash: 500
Go auditors!

Man, that guy is a serious tool... that's all I'm going to say since I like my account

Garo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 08:29 PM
  #4
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Was it Ron Fournier?

  Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 08:34 PM
  #5
hobo
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
That's the problem with those guys, they basically want an all quebec team.

I would like to see that happen one day and see if they are right.

Always finding negatives about non quebecois players and over praising the local guys.

hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 08:35 PM
  #6
As the Glorious Weep
Registered User
 
As the Glorious Weep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
I was listening to CKAC, and the radio show (les amateurs de sports - sport fans)... and people were calling over and over to blast the media...

And the host was disgusted and kept hanging up on people who were complaining, and was insisting that people should instead answer the question of the day "what do we do with Kovalev? Do we get rid of him this summer or what?"

It was completely unreal... almost like a dictatorship.

The host didn't want to hear any blame towards the media, and whenever somebody would say something positive towards Kovalev, he would go on with a salvo against him.

It was simply completely ridiculous. I am French-Canadian, and I was completely ashamed of this host reaction. Here was another French media guy, that was contributing to make us look like maniacs, and UFA killers.

Granted Kovalev doesn't show up every night and such, but if he as a host, is not even allowing auditors to express their dissatisfaction towards the media, and positive comments towards Kovalev, it becomes a one-sided-media-controled-biased-show that puts to shame any old-soviet-area-old-red-army-controled media.

Anyone of you listened to the show and have similar feelings?

PS: Moderators, this is a thread that wants to discuss CKAC and their behavior, not a Kovalev thread, so please do not merge it with a Kovalev thread, or LaPresse thread.
We need a disciplinary board of some kind for our media.

As the Glorious Weep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 08:49 PM
  #7
JFB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Quebec city
Posts: 701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Was it Ron Fournier?
No that's Jean-Charles annoying because I talk like a duck" Lajoie.

He's not even from the media, he has won a contest like American Idol for radio hosts.


Last edited by montreal: 03-06-2007 at 10:03 PM.
JFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 08:59 PM
  #8
Pere Noel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Was it Ron Fournier?
No, it's the other guy. I usually listen to the show at night, but this time it was late afternoon... I didn't pick up the guy's name. There are two guys, one who is the host and as I said a proclaimed non journalist (that second guy made way more sense)

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:01 PM
  #9
hobo
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFB View Post
No that's Jean-Charles "fuc*ing annoying because I talk like a duck" Lajoie.

He's not even from the media, he has won a contest like American Idol for radio hosts.
Rofl. That's their job, stirring the . It's like the blind leading the not so blind.


Last edited by montreal: 03-06-2007 at 10:03 PM.
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:06 PM
  #10
Berkut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Berkut
Yeah, I heard that. It was Michel Villeneuve wasn't it? It pissed him off that most of the people calling sided with Kovalev.

Berkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:08 PM
  #11
Pere Noel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo View Post
That's the problem with those guys, they basically want an all quebec team.

I would like to see that happen one day and see if they are right.

Always finding negatives about non quebecois players and over praising the local guys.
He actually went on to talk about Ribeiro who had such a great season according to him... him having 43 points in 64 games +2 and was leading the dallas stars team....

Which is factually true... yet, Lindros and Modano being hurt a great deal of the season has a lot to do with it... and in retrospect 43 points in 64 games is enroute to 55 points in 82 games, which is a setback from his career high of 65 points +15 in Montreal. Nevertheless, he had to praised Ribeiro.

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:16 PM
  #12
fredez
Registered User
 
fredez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
He actually went on to talk about Ribeiro who had such a great season according to him... him having 43 points in 64 games +2 and was leading the dallas stars team....
Kovalev has 40 pts in 61 games and I don't hear him saying he has a great season. What a blind dumbass this guy is.

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:28 PM
  #13
hobo
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Whenever I want to get riled up and get a laugh, I tune into these shows (110%, Ron Fournier, etc) to see what flavor of crap they are spewing. It's all about their way or the highway for the listeners. No objectivity at all.

hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:28 PM
  #14
JFB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Quebec city
Posts: 701
vCash: 500
FYI, this guy was a Sheldon Souray hater this summer. He blasted Souray all summer long. I remember him saying "If Souray starts the season with the Habs, then I'm a clown." And someone called him few weeks ago regarding his quote, and he was like "Ewww yeah... well... here is a balloon..."

He's such an idiot.

JFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:34 PM
  #15
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"
 
TheDamned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal
Posts: 9,280
vCash: 500
Problem with that if people that don't really follow the team as much as us and lack a bit of education they'll jump on the gun and say "That's right Kovalev sucks!" I'm really sick of the Kovy bashing, everything has been said about it so far and if I would be a Lecavalier or a Brière I surely wouldn't want to play in Montreal will the the media BS'ing.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:42 PM
  #16
VGTvidz
Registered User
 
VGTvidz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
Problem with that if people that don't really follow the team as much as us and lack a bit of education they'll jump on the gun and say "That's right Kovalev sucks!" I'm really sick of the Kovy bashing, everything has been said about it so far and if I would be a Lecavalier or a Brière I surely wouldn't want to play in Montreal will the the media BS'ing.
You're so right and that's pissing me off... you really have to be into the team to know what's really going on and most CKAC/TQS listeners/viewers aren't... most people like to take just a little bit of the information and make their own opinions and most likely, it's gonna be bad!

VGTvidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:48 PM
  #17
hobo
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
A bit off topic, but I hope Bonk scores at least 4 more goals & we'll be able to see Bergeron climb the stairs on his knees at St. Joseph oratory.

hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 10:40 PM
  #18
zednik20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
He actually went on to talk about Ribeiro who had such a great season according to him... him having 43 points in 64 games +2 and was leading the dallas stars team....

Which is factually true... yet, Lindros and Modano being hurt a great deal of the season has a lot to do with it... and in retrospect 43 points in 64 games is enroute to 55 points in 82 games, which is a setback from his career high of 65 points +15 in Montreal. Nevertheless, he had to praised Ribeiro.
ya its so funny how the french media say that we need a second line center since Ribeiro was traded...but they dont talk about Pleckanec who have really good stats...less assists then Ribeiro but more goals and Ribeiro plays for Dallas with better players...

zednik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 02:14 AM
  #19
Pere Noel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zednik20 View Post
ya its so funny how the french media say that we need a second line center since Ribeiro was traded...but they dont talk about Pleckanec who have really good stats...less assists then Ribeiro but more goals and Ribeiro plays for Dallas with better players...
Good point.

We all know that Plekanec was playing on the defensive line at the beginning of the year, while he was gaining some confidence. And that he has blossomed as of late afterwards.

So I went on to compare his last 20 games versus Ribeiro... he has definitively nothing to envy him. Being two years younger than him, here's what I got:

Plekanec: 8 goals 8 passes for 16 points in 20 games => projection 33 goals - 33 passes and 66 points for 82 games.

Ribeiro: 4 goals 10 passes for 14 points in 20 games => projection 16 goals 41 passes and 57 point for 82 games.

To top all of this, Plekenac already fared better than Ribeiro comes playoff time.

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 03:09 AM
  #20
Vlad The Impaler
Registered User
 
Vlad The Impaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
So I went on to compare his last 20 games versus Ribeiro... he has definitively nothing to envy him. Being two years younger than him, here's what I got:
Projections don't mean a whole lot. The fact of the matter is that Ribeiro is leading his team in points with 43 and the Stars are going to make the playoffs despite having been totally devastated by injuries.


The two years difference is inconsequential. It doesn't mean anything. Three years ago, when Ribeiro was younger than Plekanec, he had a 65 point season. What does that tell you? (nothing would be the correct answer).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
To top all of this, Plekenac already fared better than Ribeiro comes playoff time.
Well, by trading Ribeiro for a bag of puck, the Habs have made it very difficult on themselves to make the playoffs. So even assuming two playoff presence define Ribeiro as a crappy post-season performer (they don't), shipping him for a load of overpaid crap in Niinimaa and giving away the spot to a raw player with limited offensive upside because he's supposedly more "playoff proven" (he isn't) will not make much of a difference if you don't reach the playoff.

I think this single transaction has really influenced the season of both Dallas and Montreal. If the Stars hadn't done that trade, they'd be totally out of the playoffs right now. Meanwhile, Montreal has all kinds of trouble generating offense despite having some decent wingers because lines aren't clicking.

I'm not saying Ribeiro was a "must keep" player for the Habs (all players on that sad bunch are expendable) but it was a really, really bad deal and fans who are pissed off are right to be so. If we follow the logic that Ribeiro is only a "regular season player", then the worse time to trade him should be right before the season even begins!

The Ribeiro trade was awful. It's mismanagement like that which has hurt the team this year and in the last decade. Shipping someone who makes under $2m and has been top 4 in scoring the last two seasons for your team, in return for a $2.5M 7th defenseman is insane.

Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 04:38 AM
  #21
Jimmy_Dugaz
The KrEMELIN Wall
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Boisbriand
Country: Canada
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
The problem is that we pay 2,394 000 $ to Bonk for a 3rd line duty. Bonk was suppose to be our 2nd big centre.

He was on the first line with Ottawa and he was putting decent numbers

It didnt work here so we put him on the 3rd line and now hes a D specialist.

I love Bonk on the 3rd line... but he was suppose to be our 2nd line center and we were wrong.

at least we have a Tomas Plekanec in our line-up

Jimmy_Dugaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 04:40 AM
  #22
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
I was listening to CKAC, and the radio show (les amateurs de sports - sport fans)... and people were calling over and over to blast the media...

And the host was disgusted and kept hanging up on people who were complaining, and was insisting that people should instead answer the question of the day "what do we do with Kovalev? Do we get rid of him this summer or what?"

It was completely unreal... almost like a dictatorship.

The host didn't want to hear any blame towards the media, and whenever somebody would say something positive towards Kovalev, he would go on with a salvo against him.

It was simply completely ridiculous. I am French-Canadian, and I was completely ashamed of this host reaction. Here was another French media guy, that was contributing to make us look like maniacs, and UFA killers.

Granted Kovalev doesn't show up every night and such, but if he as a host, is not even allowing auditors to express their dissatisfaction towards the media, and positive comments towards Kovalev, it becomes a one-sided-media-controled-biased-show that puts to shame any old-soviet-area-old-red-army-controled media.

Anyone of you listened to the show and have similar feelings?

PS: Moderators, this is a thread that wants to discuss CKAC and their behavior, not a Kovalev thread, so please do not merge it with a Kovalev thread, or LaPresse thread.
Talking against the Habs is a extreme sport in Montreal.

The Habs ''heavy fan'' base are like a sect.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 04:46 AM
  #23
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Naoned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nantes, France
Country: France
Posts: 1,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
...
Good to read you again, Vlad. It's been a while.

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 06:07 AM
  #24
All-Star
Registered User
 
All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Snake Mountain
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
The Ribeiro trade was awful. It's mismanagement like that which has hurt the team this year and in the last decade. Shipping someone who makes under $2m and has been top 4 in scoring the last two seasons for your team, in return for a $2.5M 7th defenseman is insane.
One thing to keep in mind here, is that the Habs were short on D at that point in time, Streit wasn't known as the player he is today (I hope he keeps it up), and Bouillon was out longterm. The Habs were desperate, and the rest of the league knew it; they made us pay for it.

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 08:06 AM
  #25
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"
 
TheDamned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal
Posts: 9,280
vCash: 500
I loved Jean-Charles Lajoy since that incident... I remember when he started Sports Academy he was defending Kovalev. Now that he's on the media side he's just following the pack, stick to your own grounds.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.