HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Listening to CKAC radio: auditors were blasting media, yet Host blasted Kovalev

Old
03-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Truth be told about Jean-Charles Lajoie, he's not REALLY a member of the media. He never studied to do this. He won a contest to get his job. Ask anybody who follows CKAC they'll tell you.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Truth be told about Jean-Charles Lajoie, he's not REALLY a member of the media. He never studied to do this. He won a contest to get his job. Ask anybody who follows CKAC they'll tell you.
WRONG..... The contest was FAKE.....Lajoie studied in journalism and he actullay work for FIVE years in that field. CKAC faked a contest to add interest to their programs....Just go to CKAC website and look for Lajoie...you will see that the contest is NOT mentionned in his biography....samething for Rainville....

Stefan_Latulippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 09:40 AM
fatmax

I suspect Jean-Charles Lajoie to be a clone of Michel Villeneuve, he even sound like Villeneuve!

He has always been a Kovalev hater and I was happy that most of the fan were bashing the media, his reaction were quite patethic and I must admit that he should not be a host of a fan calling show.

Some of his comments were:
-It is incredible how much you love Kovalev (only because people belive Kovalev)
-Journalist have a lot of integrity and will never lie

fatmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 09:46 AM
MoonlightGraham

Yeah I heard a part of that. It was ridiculous.

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Judge Sauer*

Pulled from the Canadiens forum:

Can anyone confirm this?

"http://www.football-hockey.ru/news/2...in_67421.shtml

New article about Kovy. In brief it says that Brune has been fabricating the story with the help of ex "Soviet Sport" journalist Elena Bochershvilli. They also ask for an extensive interview with Mr Brune and would like to ask him what motivates him to attempt to fraud the public and ruin Mr. Kovalev reputation. The writer also stated that when they met Mr. Brune in Montreal they found him to be adequately intelligent journalist, so they view his actions as a surprise. They also talk about certain french media tendencies to make up stories about players and chase them out of town and saying that hardly anyone wants to play under such scrutiny.

Not precise translation but you get the gist of it."

Went through Google translation, seems about right.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:35 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
Projections don't mean a whole lot. The fact of the matter is that Ribeiro is leading his team in points with 43 and the Stars are going to make the playoffs despite having been totally devastated by injuries.

The two years difference is inconsequential. It doesn't mean anything. Three years ago, when Ribeiro was younger than Plekanec, he had a 65 point season. What does that tell you? (nothing would be the correct answer).
Yet Plekanec, who has played 3rd and 4th line at the beginning of the season, and played with Kovy and Sammy who both are having bad years, has 37 points here. I don't think there's much of a difference in offensive output, while Pleks didn't play the 1st wave of PP and has a much much better defensive game...

I'll take Pleks anyday of the week, and next week too.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:52 AM
fatmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
Yet Plekanec, who has played 3rd and 4th line at the beginning of the season, and played with Kovy and Sammy who both are having bad years, has 37 points here. I don't think there's much of a difference in offensive output, while Pleks didn't play the 1st wave of PP and has a much much better defensive game...

I'll take Pleks anyday of the week, and next week too.
I would take Plek over Ribeiro anyday of the week too! Plek rules!

Old
03-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Le Petit Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
Good point. We all know that Plekanec was playing on the defensive line at the beginning of the year...
Playing between Samsonov and Kovalev it's playing on a defensive line

Le Petit Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe View Post
WRONG..... The contest was FAKE.....Lajoie studied in journalism and he actullay work for FIVE years in that field. CKAC faked a contest to add interest to their programs....Just go to CKAC website and look for Lajoie...you will see that the contest is NOT mentionned in his biography....samething for Rainville....
They can fake the opportunity to get a job for ratings but they wouldn't do something like the Kovalev story for ratings? Wait, is that what it was about? I didn't look back on the previous page to get my facts straight.

Old
03-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro oop007 View Post
They can fake the opportunity to get a job for ratings but they wouldn't do something like the Kovalev story for ratings? Wait, is that what it was about? I didn't look back on the previous page to get my facts straight.
What? We are talking about CKAC and not La Presse. The previous poster was saying that Lajoie did not study to be a journalist and I told him it was not true and the contest was fake.

Old
03-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Haddock

Quote:
I was listening to CKAC, and the radio show (les amateurs de sports - sport fans)... and people were calling over and over to blast the media...

And the host was disgusted and kept hanging up on people who were complaining, and was insisting that people should instead answer the question of the day "what do we do with Kovalev? Do we get rid of him this summer or what?"

It was completely unreal... almost like a dictatorship.

The host didn't want to hear any blame towards the media, and whenever somebody would say something positive towards Kovalev, he would go on with a salvo against him.

It was simply completely ridiculous. I am French-Canadian, and I was completely ashamed of this host reaction. Here was another French media guy, that was contributing to make us look like maniacs, and UFA killers.

Granted Kovalev doesn't show up every night and such, but if he as a host, is not even allowing auditors to express their dissatisfaction towards the media, and positive comments towards Kovalev, it becomes a one-sided-media-controled-biased-show that puts to shame any old-soviet-area-old-red-army-controled media.

Anyone of you listened to the show and have similar feelings?

PS: Moderators, this is a thread that wants to discuss CKAC and their behavior, not a Kovalev thread, so please do not merge it with a Kovalev thread, or LaPresse thread.
I was listening to CKAC from 8 to 9:30 last night while cooking and doing the dishes and I didn't get any of that. It was Rinville asking people if this week's controversy would prove to be a needed spark for Kovy to raise his game in the next weeks up to the end of the year. He asked listeners if such a scenario was possible or if it was only a "fantasme". It was civilized, some people were on Kovalev's side, some weren't, and I didn't hear any of the stuff you mention.

CKAC is capable of the best and the worst. The Team990 is capable of the best and the worst. It all depends on who's doing the talking. Lajoie is complete moron, just like that stupid fukc Villeneuve. They don't represent the french speaking population, they talk only for themselves. I have no reason to be ashamed because other people are losers and xenophobes. I didn't do anything wrong, and neither did you. Show a little backbone!

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 01:56 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

I HATE VILLENEUVE, if he is someway reading this, I give the big middle finger u SOB

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 02:00 PM
fatmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
I was listening to CKAC from 8 to 9:30 last night while cooking and doing the dishes and I didn't get any of that. It was Rinville asking people if this week's controversy would prove to be a needed spark for Kovy to raise his game in the next weeks up to the end of the year. He asked listeners if such a scenario was possible or if it was only a "fantasme". It was civilized, some people were on Kovalev's side, some weren't, and I didn't hear any of the stuff you mention.

CKAC is capable of the best and the worst. The Team990 is capable of the best and the worst. It all depends on who's doing the talking. Lajoie is complete moron, just like that stupid fukc Villeneuve. They don't represent the french speaking population, they talk only for themselves. I have no reason to be ashamed because other people are losers and xenophobes. I didn't do anything wrong, and neither did you. Show a little backbone!
actually, the bashing occur Monday night with "les amateurs de sport en ligne" followed 1 hour later by "bonsoir les sportifs"

Old
03-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Pere Noel

Quote:
Projections don't mean a whole lot. The fact of the matter is that Ribeiro is leading his team in points with 43 and the Stars are going to make the playoffs despite having been totally devastated by injuries.

The two years difference is inconsequential. It doesn't mean anything. Three years ago, when Ribeiro was younger than Plekanec, he had a 65 point season. What does that tell you? (nothing would be the correct answer).
Of course it means something. Ribeiro today, should be at his strongest being two year older, yet he is just headed to a 55 point season, while being the centerman that must have seen the most ice time considering the injury to the others.

And indeed he had 65 points two season ago... and oh! Suprise Suprise ! Koivu was hurt for 14 games... so Ribeiro had the chance again to get some extra ice time.

The whole point of the comment was that Ribeiro is not having a GREAT season like the journalist stated... and like the other poster suggested... the radio host is not being intellectually honest by bragging about Ribeiro while bashing Kovalev.

Anyway, had Ribeiro played here, they would have bashed him...

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Pere Noel

Quote:

Your comment "show a little backbone!" is completely ignorant.

How do I not show any backbone or what would you expect me to do in order to show backbone as you state???????????

Or course I personally I haven't done any of that... and to correctly phrase it... they are a shame to French Canadians, they portray French Canadian in a bad way. And of course ultimately, they can be as moron as they want, and that won't make a moron out of me. But your comment that I need to show a little backbone is WAY off. Get a grip.

Old
03-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe View Post
What? We are talking about CKAC and not La Presse. The previous poster was saying that Lajoie did not study to be a journalist and I told him it was not true and the contest was fake.
See what happens when you start making comments without getting the facts straight. Now imagine that this was my job and people listened to what I have to say. Utter confusion and people are beleiving what I said even though I wasn't justified.

Old
03-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
??? Please tell me who studied to talk about sport on radio???

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Haddock

Quote:
Your comment "show a little backbone!" is completely ignorant.

How do I not show any backbone or what would you expect me to do in order to show backbone as you state???????????

Or course I personally I haven't done any of that... and to correctly phrase it... they are a shame to French Canadians, they portray French Canadian in a bad way. And of course ultimately, they can be as moron as they want, and that won't make a moron out of me. But your comment that I need to show a little backbone is WAY off. Get a grip.
They don't portray french-canadians in a bad way, they portray themselves in a bad way. When Jack Todd writes something stupid, the anglos around here don't walk around saying he's a shame to anglos, that he portrays them in a bad way. I say show a little backbone to you and to anyone who feels some kind of mystical special relations to stupid strangers saying stupid things because you have the same cultural background. Let's agree that there's idiots in the media, fine. But I'm not about to excuse myself for their own behavior, and neither should you.

Old
03-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Capitano

It's probably all the old Nordique journalists that are causing our problems to sabotage us!

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Reuben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
It's probably all the old Nordique journalists that are causing our problems to sabotage us!
no it's probably certain folks from southern ontario and/or people who have similar agenda's as them. who are the problem IMO.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro oop007 View Post
See what happens when you start making comments without getting the facts straight. Now imagine that this was my job and people listened to what I have to say. Utter confusion and people are beleiving what I said even though I wasn't justified.
And?

Old
03-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Pere Noel

Quote:
They don't portray french-canadians in a bad way, they portray themselves in a bad way. When Jack Todd writes something stupid, the anglos around here don't walk around saying he's a shame to anglos, that he portrays them in a bad way. I say show a little backbone to you and to anyone who feels some kind of mystical special relations to stupid strangers saying stupid things because you have the same cultural background. Let's agree that there's idiots in the media, fine. But I'm not about to excuse myself for their own behavior, and neither should you.
I don't excuse myself to anyone, therefore I don't show lack of backbone. I certainly took offense to your attack towards me.

Idiots or limited people that represent us have an impact on a society. Take Bush as an example. You may or not like Bush... but lots of European and Canadian think American are idiots, or the American society is silly because of Bush and his behaviors and such. If I were an American, I would be extremely annoyed to have him as the head of state. Now let me cover both camps before one accuses me of bias towards democrats and against Republicans... I was wondering when Bush was running against Gore... Is this the best America can do? Are those two really the best candidates that such a large country can come up with? Both men had extreme limitations.

Similarly, I question why the media in Quebec are pestered with ignorant journalists, and how it reflects on our society. Is that the best we could do? Couldn't we find and support better journalists?

I think as individuals, we have the responsability to call, email, write to the media and let them know we are not happy with the way they behave.

I shouldn't have to read a simplistic defense from the media, stating that Kovalev is wrong for sure, when intellectual honesty dictates that there is a possibility that they were set up, and that it would have been easy to ask for the audio right up front, and that should have been the way to go anyway. They try to hide that fact, and even dilute it by sending even more salvo towards Kovalev. That's cheap and dishonest.

I like what this guy wrote to Gagnon by the way:
Si je comprends bien, on est tous des caves sauf les journalistes de La Presse ? La cassette, personne chez vous ne l'a écouté. On se fie sur un dame journaliste qui prétend l'avoir retranscrit. Mais qui ensuite se rétracte. Ma question est simple, nous prennez-vous pour des caves ?

quick translation: If I understand that right, we are all stupid but LaPresse journalists? None of you have listened to the audio. You rely on a journalist that claims to have retranscribed it. But retracts herself afterwards. My question is simple, do you think we are stupid?

Old
03-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Of course it means something. Ribeiro today, should be at his strongest being two year older,
Well that's a myth. That was my point. These two years older than this, 1 year younger than that arguments have always been crap. It doesn't work that way.

Quote:
yet he is just headed to a 55 point season, while being the centerman that must have seen the most ice time considering the injury to the others.

And indeed he had 65 points two season ago... and oh! Suprise Suprise ! Koivu was hurt for 14 games... so Ribeiro had the chance again to get some extra ice time.
Increased ice time leads to increased point production, if you are talented enough. How is that bad?

Quote:
The whole point of the comment was that Ribeiro is not having a GREAT season like the journalist stated... and like the other poster suggested... the radio host is not being intellectually honest by bragging about Ribeiro while bashing Kovalev.
Ribeiro is having a very solid season and costs about half as much as Kovalev. He's a $2M player leading his team in scoring. He was a player the Habs couldn't afford to let go for a bag of pucks. While I don't know the exact context of the radio host, I think it was a terrible move and the Habs have been missing that kind of playmaking this year.

I'm not necessarly against trading a guy like Ribeiro. But you have to get something back for him. Just trading him for a bag of puck because you want to hand out his spot on a platter to a mediocre centre down the depth chart is just terrible management.

Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Pere Noel

Quote:
Well that's a myth. That was my point. These two years older than this, 1 year younger than that arguments have always been crap. It doesn't work that way.

Increased ice time leads to increased point production, if you are talented enough. How is that bad?

Ribeiro is having a very solid season and costs about half as much as Kovalev. He's a $2M player leading his team in scoring. He was a player the Habs couldn't afford to let go for a bag of pucks. While I don't know the exact context of the radio host, I think it was a terrible move and the Habs have been missing that kind of playmaking this year.

I'm not necessarly against trading a guy like Ribeiro. But you have to get something back for him. Just trading him for a bag of puck because you want to hand out his spot on a platter to a mediocre centre down the depth chart is just terrible management.
We are going away from the original topic.... basically Ribeiro isn't getting better as time goes by, and that shouldn't be.

The point was the journalist was bragging about Ribeiro which had, according to him, a GREAT SEASON... when it is no better than what he had previously...

We can debate over what should have been done with him or not, but that's beside my point.

Again, had he stayed with the Habs, the journalists would have blasted him just like they did the previous years. You can debate it to be right or wrong to blast Ribeiro.. but that's wrong to blast him while he is Montreal player and brag about him when he is gone and is having a season no better than the ones he had in Montreal.

( a side note: I had wished for a better return for him too. But at the same time, a lot of us where entertaining the though of getting Mark Bell, Tyler Arnason or Kyle Calder for him and those guys are not doing much)

Old
03-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Haddock

Quote:
I don't excuse myself to anyone, therefore I don't show lack of backbone. I certainly took offense to your attack towards me.

Idiots or limited people that represent us have an impact on a society. Take Bush as an example. You may or not like Bush... but lots of European and Canadian think American are idiots, or the American society is silly because of Bush and his behaviors and such. If I were an American, I would be extremely annoyed to have him as the head of state. Now let me cover both camps before one accuses me of bias towards democrats and against Republicans... I was wondering when Bush was running against Gore... Is this the best America can do? Are those two really the best candidates that such a large country can come up with? Both men had extreme limitations.

Similarly, I question why the media in Quebec are pestered with ignorant journalists, and how it reflects on our society. Is that the best we could do? Couldn't we find and support better journalists?

I think as individuals, we have the responsability to call, email, write to the media and let them know we are not happy with the way they behave.

I shouldn't have to read a simplistic defense from the media, stating that Kovalev is wrong for sure, when intellectual honesty dictates that there is a possibility that they were set up, and that it would have been easy to ask for the audio right up front, and that should have been the way to go anyway. They try to hide that fact, and even dilute it by sending even more salvo towards Kovalev. That's cheap and dishonest.

I like what this guy wrote to Gagnon by the way:
Si je comprends bien, on est tous des caves sauf les journalistes de La Presse ? La cassette, personne chez vous ne l'a écouté. On se fie sur un dame journaliste qui prétend l'avoir retranscrit. Mais qui ensuite se rétracte. Ma question est simple, nous prennez-vous pour des caves ?

quick translation: If I understand that right, we are all stupid but LaPresse journalists? None of you have listened to the audio. You rely on a journalist that claims to have retranscribed it. But retracts herself afterwards. My question is simple, do you think we are stupid?

I didn't elect any sport journalist, I don't even read La Presse. Tell me again how Gagnon represents me and why I should feel personnaly connected to the things he writes about? I don't get the all "ashamed" thing at all. Some type of guilt or tache originelle. Always excusing ourselves for existing.