HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Some Vancouver "toughness" Proposals

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2003, 08:15 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

vCash: 833
Some Vancouver "toughness" Proposals

To Vancouver:
Brad Ference
4th Round Draft Pick

To Phoenix:
Marek Malik

Reasons:
Marek Malik has struggled mightily of late with the Canucks after a hot start, and just isn't playing with any passion. He's got good size and reach, and while this doesn't help Phoenix's crowded blueline situation, it could free up some other options for them to move. It gives the Canucks that tough defender we need who will clear the crease, which none of our defensemen(with the odd exception of Allen) does. The 4th round draft pick is to compensate for the skill differential between Malik and Ference.

To Boston:
5th Round Draft Pick

To Vancouver:
P.J. Stock

Reasons:
Stock may be undersized, but he can sure throw them and get the fans into the game. Given that he's currently toiling in the minors, a draft pick seems like a fair offer for them. The Bruins send Stock off to a team and give him a shot at the NHL, and get a draft pick in return. Very minor deal.

To Tampa Bay:
Jarkko Ruutu

To Vancouver:
Andre Roy

Reasons:
I like Ruutu and he's been playing very strong hockey on his line with Chubarov and Keane of late, but sometimes his aggravating tactics cause the other team to rough us up just a bit too much, creating even more work for our one or two overworked tough guys, namely Brad May. Andre Roy would give us a young, reasonably healthy, legitimate enforcer, allowing Brad May to return to his more effective bump and grind style of play, rather than being our principal enforcer.

Thoughts or proposals of your own?

~Canucklehead~

12-13-2003, 10:22 PM
SopelFan*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Roy doesn't even fight anymore does he?

I wouldn't do the third one... he has a reputation with the refs after he hit one.

The second one I would do.

Old
12-13-2003, 11:05 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

How about Malik and Sopel for Laraque, Ferguson and a 2nd Rounder or Horcoff/Chimera.

Old
12-13-2003, 11:09 PM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
How about Malik and Sopel for Laraque, Ferguson and a 2nd Rounder or Horcoff/Chimera.
Ferguson and Horcoff... we aren't you're garbage men :p. I wouldn't do that one. Downgrade on defense, slight upgrade on offense, although if we trade for a tough forward, we gotta trade a forward... not enough room.

Old
12-14-2003, 06:18 AM
kacz

1st Deal: The Yote's are looking to trade Brad because they want to dump that 1.2mil he carries (I don't see how that is dump though) and Marek Malik makes just as much and is a little older too.

2nd Deal: The value seems fair, but I would hang onto PJ Stock because he could be a vital motivator in the play-offs with a good fight.

3rd: I see nothing wrong with this one, fair.

Old
12-14-2003, 07:37 AM
Mighty Duck

!st Deal: When did Brad Ference become tough?

2nd Deal: P.J. Stock is with Philadelphia's minor league team, also their property.

3rd Deal: Better idea, but how about

To Vancouver
Stephen Peat RW

To Washington
Jarkko Ruutu LW

Old
12-14-2003, 07:50 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Duck
2nd Deal: P.J. Stock is with Philadelphia's minor league team, also their property.
PJ Stock is still Boston property, he is simply being loaned to the Phantoms.

Old
12-14-2003, 09:05 AM
Mizral

All three of these I dislike, quite a bit in fact.

Here's one I'd like to see, mind you:

????? and RJ Umberger for Adam Mair

Be it Brad May or a draft pick or what have you, I'd love to have Mair, he is one of my favorite middleweights out there. Plays a real high energy game.

Okay, let me try a little bit bigger of a deal...

Curtis Brown & Adam Mair for Maysies, Ruutu, a 3rd and Umberger (or a 1st instead of the pick and umberger)

Not sure if this is a workable deal for the Sabres, but the Canucks lineup would sit like this:

Naslund/Morrison/Bertuzzi
Sedin/Sedin/King
Arvedson/Brown/Linden
Cooke/Chubarov/Mair

That's a bit more solid than we have, and it adds a veteran like Brown. Although we lose May, Brown would play a slightly bigger role. I think he's a UFA after this season, so that would be the one tradeoff.

Sabres fans? Canuck fans? Whatcha think?

Old
12-14-2003, 09:13 AM
zoidberg

Miz, I don't think Mair will be going under any circumstances. He's probably become the favorite of all the fans and is a great leader to the team.

Old
12-14-2003, 09:30 AM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg
Miz, I don't think Mair will be going under any circumstances. He's probably become the favorite of all the fans and is a great leader to the team.
You are probobly right. I'd still like to get Brown though. Sabres fans, go check out the Sabres board though, I just wrote a fairly long post about potential Canucks/Sabres moves that I think could be made this year. It's a good read.

Closed Thread