HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Gazette now backs La Presse too!

Old
03-07-2007, 12:06 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
This russian paper has probably a lot to lose: nhl players interviews and maybe more.

You might not be aware of the press condition in Russia, nor by the presence of the tantacules of the russian mafia in sports, but if you can read or listen about it, you might get a clearer picture of how things are going there.
So La Presse is basing their reputation on a corrupted media system?

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
So La Presse is basing their reputation on a corrupted media system?
They're the next to be exposed on the La Presse agenda list after they take down "The Organization" and "The Godfather"

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 01:26 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Wouldn't want to contradick you, but Fisher still does the game write-up when the habs play at home. Maybe not all of them, but I do recall seeing them this year. Between you and me, it's not that hard and he's written enough of them, he probably just grunts a few observations and his typewriter does the rest.
Yeah, he does some. He kust avoids saying 'Marc Tardif and his great and good friend Rejean Houle' and he can use any story. The same catch phrases fit. Honestly, I seldom read the game accounts. What are they going to tell you ? Esp. living out here, you get an edition printed so early that you don't get much info. I think it's cool having an old guy in the press box, as a kind of link to the past, though the snoring can bother the other writers I guess.

Really, I found this board because the paper wasn't giving me the info. I wanted.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
And he used that bogus "only someone who has travelled with the team and is familiar with its inner workings could come up with all these things that seem ripped right off the HF boards" tripe, too. Sigh.
Is that the exact quote ?

If so i'm sure he ripped a lot of things from this very forum and never said squat about it but now he goes an rant about the clvmcs of this world

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 05:26 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Is that the exact quote ?
No. It's just my opinion of the concept that the Russian mag's "interview" revealed some deep and rare knowledge of the inner workings of the team that only an insider could have. Frankly, it could just as easily have been a collection of speculation culled from any fan board.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 09:20 PM
habs86

vCash: 1251
Send a message via MSN to habs86 Send a message via Yahoo to habs86
where can a ex-montreal find this jack todd article ?

habs86 is offline   Reply With Quote