HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Cherepanov broke the Pavel Bure's record

Old
03-07-2007, 10:17 AM
bulgaria

vCash: 500
Cherepanov broke the Pavel Bure's record

Yesterday 18 old Alexei Cherepanov scores two goals(against Amur) and he became,the rookie who score most goals in history of russian championships(not only RSL)Now he has one more goal,than Pavel Bure(17)when Pavel was a rookie.
The young russian has 18 goals and 12 assists in 46 games.

bulgaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 10:27 AM
TheHoser

So... is he good, or what?

TheHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 10:42 AM
DDIHH

There's not any good player in this draft class

DDIHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 10:45 AM
brightscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ho View Post
There's not any good player in this draft class

brightscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Tadite

Boy hockey sure would be easy if we could just look at pts to say who was better....

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:04 AM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgaria View Post
Yesterday 18 old Alexei Cherepanov scores two goals(against Amur) and he became,the rookie who score most goals in history of russian championships(not only RSL)Now he has one more goal,than Pavel Bure(17)when Pavel was a rookie.
The young russian has 18 goals and 12 assists in 46 games.
Thats great, to bad Pavel did it in a league where the best Russian players played, not in a time where the best Russian players play in the NHL.

The Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Bryzga lol*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
Boy hockey sure would be easy if we could just look at pts to say who was better....
yeah, points are useless...let's take em out of hockey!!!

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:13 AM
dank

apparently points are very hard to come by in the RSL.. when a fellow Ranger fan noticed that our draft pick Artem Anisimov scored his second goal all year (recently) it was a cause for excitement.. however i never got how 7 pts is actually a decent development for a player like that..

I am very glad that Cherepanov is doing well, i am excited to see what he can bring to the NA stage..

anyone willing to guess who may take him, and what the best next step would be for his development, i.e. NHL/AHL/stay in RSL, etc.

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:18 AM
nanzenkills

Although I don't think anyone in their right mind is saying that Cherepanov will be better than Bure, it is always good to see a new record being set, and this certainly reinforces the notion that Cherepanov is a good player and excellent prospect.

nanzenkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riel View Post
yeah, points are useless...let's take em out of hockey!!!

No...

But funny how Cherepanov seems to have gotten more points then Bure, Malkin, and AE. Yet no one is saying he is better then those 3...

heck I don't see people thinking he is better then guys like Semin or Frolov.

So yea. Cherepanov is the best russian in a down year. Good for him. Hope he works out because the Kings are a top-3 pick this year and I have no idea what DT is going to do...

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Fleury14
Kipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
apparently points are very hard to come by in the RSL.. when a fellow Ranger fan noticed that our draft pick Artem Anisimov scored his second goal all year (recently) it was a cause for excitement.. however i never got how 7 pts is actually a decent development for a player like that..

I am very glad that Cherepanov is doing well, i am excited to see what he can bring to the NA stage..

anyone willing to guess who may take him, and what the best next step would be for his development, i.e. NHL/AHL/stay in RSL, etc.
In the past it was, but looking at many player's individual numbers this year, scoring looks like it's up a fair bit in the RSL this season with many players over the PPG hump.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:54 AM
SML

RSL stats are no indication of how good a guy is going to be. Every year some team takes a guy in the first round and you see his stats and he has 2 goals and an assist, and you wonder what the heck is up. That said, I don't know if I've ever heard of a young guy putting numbers like that up over there. Even in Bure's year, they used a loophole to take him, which is why he went in the 4th round. Most teams didn't even think he was eligible.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:55 AM
J-D

Anybody has a video of fly representation by Cherepanov? I've been looking for him on youtube, but to no avail.

J-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 12:12 PM
koeltrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
RSL stats are no indication of how good a guy is going to be. Every year some team takes a guy in the first round and you see his stats and he has 2 goals and an assist, and you wonder what the heck is up. That said, I don't know if I've ever heard of a young guy putting numbers like that up over there. Even in Bure's year, they used a loophole to take him, which is why he went in the 4th round. Most teams didn't even think he was eligible.
Huh? Never heard that before. What is this said loophole? (Obviously, it's not around these days, just out of interest).

koeltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 12:17 PM
12# Peter Bondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by koeltrain View Post
Huh? Never heard that before. What is this said loophole? (Obviously, it's not around these days, just out of interest).
Detroit wanted to draft Bure, the NHL rejected it and then Vancouver got some different papers of his birth date (?) and drafted him.

12# Peter Bondra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 12:18 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

I expect Cherepanov to fall in the draft primarily because of skating and no IIHF agreement concerns. Doesn't mean he doesn't have talent though. You can teach a kid to skate.

He sure can put up points and has good natural chemistry with Oilers pick Bumagin. I would love to take a flyer on this kid with one of our 1sts this year.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 12:48 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
Thats great, to bad Pavel did it in a league where the best Russian players played, not in a time where the best Russian players play in the NHL.

tell that to Ovechkin.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by slava View Post
tell that to Ovechkin.
...and every other Russian player that has played there and failed to break Bure's record since the best Russians came to the NHL. Just because they failed to beat the record doesn't mean that because Cherepenov did he's going to be the best Russian playing in the NHL (when he comes over.)

Zim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Roy G Biv*

teh Pavel bure roXXorZZ!1

Roy G Biv* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 01:50 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
...and every other Russian player that has played there and failed to break Bure's record since the best Russians came to the NHL. Just because they failed to beat the record doesn't mean that because Cherepenov did he's going to be the best Russian playing in the NHL (when he comes over.)
No one is stating he is better then those or that he is the next coming. Does not take away from that fact that it is quite impressive....

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 01:52 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
I've seen a few of his highlights in the RSL and in the wjc's...he's pretty thin. He reminds me of a thinner version of Kostitsyn but minus the shot. His vision is good tho'...I just don't find him that strong and after a big hit he started disappearing. I shouldn't judge him only those games, he might not be shy of physical game. All and all if he adds some pounds but what he's doing as a rookie is pretty impressive.

CH Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
No...

But funny how Cherepanov seems to have gotten more points then Bure, Malkin, and AE. Yet no one is saying he is better then those 3...

heck I don't see people thinking he is better then guys like Semin or Frolov.

So yea. Cherepanov is the best russian in a down year. Good for him. Hope he works out because the Kings are a top-3 pick this year and I have no idea what DT is going to do...
Well I know one thing for sure, he won't be stepping to the podium to make any Kings draft pick announcements.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 02:58 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12# Peter Bondra View Post
Detroit wanted to draft Bure, the NHL rejected it and then Vancouver got some different papers of his birth date (?) and drafted him.
I think the papers weren't about his birthdate...

Pavel needed something like 10 games of pro-hockey (RSL ?) to be available at the draft (1989), and he had only played 9... Everybody thought he would be first overall the year after (1990), but it seems that Canucks management found an old gamesheet with Bure's name on it, so they took a flyer on him in the later rounds of the 1989 NHL entry draft and won their case... If I remember correctly !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt View Post
No one is stating he is better then those or that he is the next coming. Does not take away from that fact that it is quite impressive....
True no one has stated that put people put too much stock in points totals. Yes it is a great achievement but it doesn't make him a better player than Bure which the record may suggest.

Zim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Hiishawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
I expect Cherepanov to fall in the draft primarily because of skating and no IIHF agreement concerns. Doesn't mean he doesn't have talent though. You can teach a kid to skate.

He sure can put up points and has good natural chemistry with Oilers pick Bumagin. I would love to take a flyer on this kid with one of our 1sts this year.
Skating?? Wha...? One of the top 5 or 6 in this draft in skating.

Hiishawk is offline   Reply With Quote