HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perry

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2003, 03:37 PM
Tanko

vCash: 500
Perry

Bob Mackenzie said Perry was one of the best players on the ice today in the Team Canada schrimage.He scored 2 goals in a 5-5 tie.JDD was the best goalie he said (Fleury did not play ).

Old
12-12-2003, 03:55 PM
Oi'll say!
Go Flames

I'm not so sure that the Ana offer is all that bad to tell the truth. If this deal was from an eastern conference team Lowe would probably take it.

Unless we add something else to the deal on our end we're not likely to get a player who will provide a big boost to the current team, and our recent draftee centermen are dropping like flies this season.

If we end up with an overabundance of big skilled centers we can always trade them for good value or convert them to wingers anyways.

Old
12-12-2003, 04:39 PM
Jerky Leclerc

Good to hear about Perry. I hope he does well at the WJC. All this talk about the Oilers not getting fair value for Comrie has unfortunately cast a bad light on Perry when in fact, the kid is a pretty good prospect.

Old
12-12-2003, 07:32 PM
GorillazXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc
Good to hear about Perry. I hope he does well at the WJC. All this talk about the Oilers not getting fair value for Comrie has unfortunately cast a bad light on Perry when in fact, the kid is a pretty good prospect.
i don't think lowe said Perry was a bad prospect, nor is the trade idea a bad one, just that Lowe needs to get something in return for the time being, and none was being offered. Personally I think this deal will go through at some point, I think a few players will be added by both teams to sweeten the pot.

Comrie + Horcoff + Oilers 2nd Round 2004 for Perry + Ducks 1st Round 2004 + Vishnevski

GXL

Old
12-12-2003, 08:13 PM
Jerky Leclerc

Bryan Murray is old school. He got the deal he wanted with Lowe and I doubt he's going back to the negotiating table. If Comrie can't work out a deal with Lowe the next few days, I see the trade between Anaheim and Edmonton dead. Bryan Murray sounds like he is ready to move on.

Old
12-12-2003, 08:19 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Bryan Murray is old school. He got the deal he wanted with Lowe and I doubt he's going back to the negotiating table. If Comrie can't work out a deal with Lowe the next few days, I see the trade between Anaheim and Edmonton dead. Bryan Murray sounds like he is ready to move on.
I would say that's a positive development for the Oil. If we're not going to trade for some immediate help, it would be better to wait until the draft, where we can use Comrie to trade up to take a run at a top prospect.

Old
12-13-2003, 07:53 AM
tylerr

Send a message via MSN to tylerr
or.. if we just keep playing how we have been playing the last little while we could get 1st overall!

Old
12-13-2003, 10:32 AM
Oi'll say!
Go Flames

Quote:
Like I said earlier, if this deal was with an eastern conference team it may have been enough. Lowe can't trade an offensive impact player to a conference rival 3 points ahead of us in the standings without immediate help in return.

If the Oil finished 9th, just behind Anaheim, and lost all that first round playoff revenue among other things he'd be in hot water with fans and owners alike.

Old
12-13-2003, 12:08 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

I don't see why this potential deal would kill him if that were the case with the standings. The Oilers have been 8th, 9th and 6th the last 3 years with 92, 92, and 93 points. If they finish 8th with low-90s points again, he should be fired for stagnating, not blowing one deal.

Last edited by Spankatola Jamnuts*: 12-13-2003 at 12:36 PM. Reason: typo
Old
12-13-2003, 12:41 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
I don't see why this potential deal would kill him if that were the case with the standings. The Oilers have been 8th, 9th and 7th the last 3 years with 92, 92, and 93 points. If they finish 8th with low-90s points again, he should be fired for stagnating, not blowing one deal.
So with your good graces, we can 'blow just this one deal' ... with your team. Thereby improving the Ducks, a conference, playoff race rival while receiving no immediate return for our own drive for the playoffs.

Oiler management is responsible for building our hockey team. It is not for subsidizing the personnel needs of 29 other teams. The Oilers have committed to a longterm process of development via youth. To get there we must ride out this inconsistency. However to give up a young, inexpensive proven player like Comrie, we require at least one roster player in return. Sorry we won't give away our players to make the Ducks better.

Old
12-13-2003, 01:32 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
there are kids in it

vCash: 1072
exactly bel, could not have said that better myself.

Old
12-13-2003, 01:51 PM
WFHACommish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
I don't see why this potential deal would kill him if that were the case with the standings. The Oilers have been 8th, 9th and 6th the last 3 years with 92, 92, and 93 points. If they finish 8th with low-90s points again, he should be fired for stagnating, not blowing one deal.
He wouldn't be fired for stagnating due to circumstances. He'd be fired more for blowing not just one trade..but this very particular trade than he would for stagnating.

These circumstances are things like not having enough money to sign key players like Marchant every other year, being forced to trade guys like Weight. I'm sure he'd be in very hot water and wouldn't be surprised if he blew this deal, cuz it's COMRIE.

Closed Thread