HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie and Winter are in Phoenix tonight

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2003, 04:54 PM
SunshinesDad

vCash: 500
Comrie and Winter are in Phoenix tonight

According to Sportsnet's Gene Principe Comrie and Winter were on the same plane as him on the way to Phoenix. He talked to them, they wouldn't talk on camera and wouldn't say why they are there.

The Oilers say they don't know and that they are not close to a deal with the Dogs.

Old
12-12-2003, 05:15 PM
Jim_Harnock

Further meetings with Lowe, perhaps? Trying to negotiate a cheaper "get out of jail not-so-free" card?

Old
12-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshinesDad
According to Sportsnet's Gene Principe Comrie and Winter were on the same plane as him on the way to Phoenix. He talked to them, they wouldn't talk on camera and wouldn't say why they are there.

The Oilers say they don't know and that they are not close to a deal with the Dogs.
Looks like strokes555 was entirely right on what he heard at the party.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...2&pagenumber=1

Old
12-12-2003, 07:39 PM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Sorry folks, but after trading Briere and acquiring some depth at center, the last thing the dogs need is another smallish center who only plays in the offensive end of the rink. I don't want to knock Comrie, because I think he could be great for the right team, but it ain't the 'Yotes...

Aside from that, we had our experience with 'Tkaching', when he was with the Jets/'Yotes. Why would we want another prima donna?

Dancing Gabe rules!

Old
12-12-2003, 08:03 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam
Looks like strokes555 was entirely right on what he heard at the party.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...2&pagenumber=1
I was just wondering if PHO is one of the teams that comrie mentioned what would we get back. If you base the assuption on what Anaheim offered plus what else Lowe wanted maybe we get maybe something like Tanabe and Sojstrom, or Spiller and Taffe.

Old
12-12-2003, 08:27 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
I was just wondering if PHO is one of the teams that comrie mentioned what would we get back. If you base the assuption on what Anaheim offered plus what else Lowe wanted maybe we get maybe something like Tanabe and Sojstrom, or Spiller and Taffe.
I'd love it to have either Tanabe or Mara, but I doubt it would happen.

Mara's having a very good year by all accounts, I don't see why Phoenix would give up on him just as he's coming into his own. Tanabe...not so sure.

Old
12-12-2003, 11:10 PM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshinesDad

I don't think this this is a coincidence at all. Something is up and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened tomorrow or Sunday or at the latest on Monday.

Old
12-12-2003, 11:54 PM
strokes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildrop
I don't think this this is a coincidence at all. Something is up and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened tomorrow or Sunday or at the latest on Monday.

Like i had originally posted,

coming straight from Comrie's mouth to his current/ former teamamates,
"I'll be in phoenix or anaheim by the end of the week",

and i was blatantly accused of being a liar,

we'll see, i say

Old
12-13-2003, 06:33 AM
ducky

from the Arizona Central today

Quote:
Barnett acknowledged the Coyotes inquired about Comrie, "but so did 28 other teams and we didn't get very serious."
Seems Phoenix was probably a nice place to meet Lowe.

While the Yotes could obviously use the talent upgrade it is unlikely IMO they would part with any of the names the Oilers would want. Comparing a Perry + 1st round pick + cash deal from the Ducks...Phoenix would have to offer a Taffe or Sjostrom and I doubt they would. Given that the Yotes could qualify for a lottery pick I would be very surprised (and disappointed) if they would give up their first round pick.

To get another center the Yotes would have to get rid of one of Sillinger or Hrdina neither which likely appeal to Lowe.

Old
12-13-2003, 06:57 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokes555
Like i had originally posted,

coming straight from Comrie's mouth to his current/ former teamamates,
"I'll be in phoenix or anaheim by the end of the week",

and i was blatantly accused of being a liar,

we'll see, i say
From what I saw and I didn't comment on that thread, you were apologized to. Show some class and let it die.

Old
12-13-2003, 07:14 AM
H-Bear

I just don't see how PHO fits as a trade partner for us. It works from our side (they have what we want), but why would they want another centre?

Old
12-13-2003, 07:51 AM
Mr Sakich

I posted this on another thread but it bears repeating. The rest of the yote centres are garbage. They are overpaid and will average 18 each points this season. None are particularily strong defensively and none are noted to be great guys in the room. Check their stats and you would be demanding barnet be fired if you were a yote fan.

In summary, they have langkow and 4 stiffs up the middle. They have dmen to spare and need to generate some sizzle before they move into their new arena. They are the perfect trade partner.

Old
12-13-2003, 08:33 AM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
I posted this on another thread but it bears repeating. The rest of the yote centres are garbage. They are overpaid and will average 18 each points this season. None are particularily strong defensively and none are noted to be great guys in the room. Check their stats and you would be demanding barnet be fired if you were a yote fan.

In summary, they have langkow and 4 stiffs up the middle. They have dmen to spare and need to generate some sizzle before they move into their new arena. They are the perfect trade partner.
Aside from Ference, we have NO defencemen to spare........well unless someone wants Helmer. And im not so sure i would call Mike Sillinger a stiff. He is a good two way player who has been given a defense, and defense only, job this season. And is a leader and vocal guy "in the room". The only one that you might be able to get away with saying that he is not noted as a great guy in the room would be Gratton.

Closed Thread