HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If the Oil accepted the Ana offer

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
If the Oil accepted the Ana offer

With Ana 3 pts ahead of Edm it's not likely that Lowe will give them a proven scoring center with no immediate help in return, but I think that the package they are offering would look pretty good coming from an eastern club.

Right now the Oil would end up drafting 10th overall, the Ducks 14th.

Hopefully we'll do better than that, but if things remained the same then the Oil would have a pretty good bundle to offer for Ovechkin.

Perry & 10th overall & 14th overall
for
1st overall

Thoughts?

Old
12-12-2003, 05:59 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
With Ana 3 pts ahead of Edm it's not likely that Lowe will give them a proven scoring center with no immediate help in return, but I think that the package they are offering would look pretty good coming from an eastern club.

Hopefully we'll do better than that, but if things remained the same then the Oil would have a pretty good bundle to offer for Ovechkin.

for
1st overall

Thoughts?
If we were going to do that, it would probably be better to not trade Comrie until the draft (his value will probably higher then). In any case, I don't think your deal would not be enough. I think only something like Comrie and Semenov/Brewer would be enough to get the deal done.

Last edited by The Rage: 12-12-2003 at 06:13 PM.
Old
12-12-2003, 06:07 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!

for
1st overall

Thoughts?
Pittsburgh is going to have a hard enough time paying for one first round pick, nevermind 3.

Old
12-12-2003, 06:14 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Pittsburgh is going to have a hard enough time paying for one first round pick, nevermind 3.
I think if there's one certainty about the new cba, it's that bonuses will probably dissappear from entry level contracts. I think even Pittsburg could afford to pay promising youngsters 1 million each.

Closed Thread