HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bertuzzi not to play @ Vancouver on the 17th, regardless of health?

Old
03-08-2007, 03:16 PM
kurt
the last emperor

vCash: 400
Bertuzzi not to play @ Vancouver on the 17th, regardless of health?

I just read on the Canucks board that Bertuzzi will not dress for the game against the Canucks on March 17th, even if he is healthy enough to play.

Can anyone verify this?

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Fugu

vCash:
It's news to us. Last thing out of the media here was that he would start playing when he was "pain free". He's participating in the Wings' practices which are heavy on skating. He said he liked that thought the team had some pretty good/fast skaters, and felt it fit in with what he needed for his re-hab. Also doing conditioning right now. Only dates thrown out were mid- to late- March.

Old
03-09-2007, 02:39 AM
14ari13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
I just read on the Canucks board that Bertuzzi will not dress for the game against the Canucks on March 17th, even if he is healthy enough to play.

Can anyone verify this?
I would like him to play his 1st game at the Joe, and I think it would be wise to sit him vs the Nucks on the rode.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 05:55 AM
Shoalzie

From what I heard on the radio yesterday, he's probably not any closer than a week or 2 away from returning. They are taking his rehab and recovery with great care for good reason obviously. They didn't give up much to get him but I'm sure they still want to maximize their investment and rushing him back won't do them any good. Seeing him play the Canucks would be a fascinating event but if you're going to see him face his old teammates, it'll be more likely to happen in the playoffs or not until next year.

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 09:27 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

While I agree they should proceed with caution until he is sure he is 100 percent(if that's possible in this case) I just have a bad feeling he is not going to have enough time to settle in a bit with his teammates by playing a game or two.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Gavin24

im starting to worry that hes not gonna be healthy this year...

Gavin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotep View Post

I guess I'm not there yet. Bert was supposed to start back 1-2 weeks before the trade deadline. Then they said 2-3 games before the deadline. I think the Wings already had a deal in place and no one wanted to risk having Bert skate then ... just in case. The Wings need Bert for the playoffs, not to qualify, so they do have the luxury of time here, to be as close to 100% certain as possible.

If they bring him back too soon, he can aggravate his back OR suffer a stupid injury before the playoffs. It's a bit of a balancing act, but I think they're just being as cautious as possible. I know it would be nice to have a few games in for him to find his way with the other players, but it's not a perfect situation.

Old
03-09-2007, 10:33 AM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotep View Post
He'll play. In fact, if the playoffs started tonight he'd be in the lineup. Bert has practiced with the Wings since the trade, staying on the ice for the full workout each day. And quotes in the local press indicate he's feeling good, with just a little stiffness - nothing out of the ordinary for many players (they all play through minor aches and pains). The Wings are just taking their time with him so that when he is in the lineup he can play the brand of hockey he was brought here for.

doublejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 03:37 PM
NYVanfan

so, no chance he'll play in Nashville on the 13th?
gonna be ther for business ...planning on catching that game, should be a beauty

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 12:33 AM
FissionFire

Bertuzzi won't play Vancouver or Calgary, mostly because long travel hurts his back. They'll play him first game after that trip probably.

FissionFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Hooligan on E

yea, playing in vancouver would be so tough fo todd . he became a hockey player in vancouver. he and markus matured,became leaders and stars together not to mention their friendship.

it wud definetly be emotional and he needs to keep moving on with detroit instead of re-experiencing GM place, the atmosphere, his fans everything about vancouver.

with the playoffs approaching, hes got his mind commited to that. he doesnt need the canuck stuff right now wheras it cuda been easier earlier in the season.

Hooligan on E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 09:57 AM
TomHBlain

Send a message via AIM to TomHBlain
Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
Bertuzzi won't play Vancouver or Calgary, mostly because long travel hurts his back. They'll play him first game after that trip probably.
Dude, I hope that's all speculation. "long travel hurts his back" and we are the east most team in the western conference getting him ready for the playoffs. Thats not a good sign.

TomHBlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sands View Post
yea, playing in vancouver would be so tough fo todd . he became a hockey player in vancouver. he and markus matured,became leaders and stars together not to mention their friendship.
Yes prior to Vancouver he was a circus acrobat and only heard stories of this hockey!

Anyone got a link, other than the 'Vancouver board says".

Boomhower is offline   Reply With Quote