HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blame it on Kovy.

Old
03-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500
Blame it on Kovy.

Yup, that is what the french media is doing. Habs getting pwned 6-0 and that's Kovalev fault. Everybody was expexting Kovalev to have a monster performance today but he didnt really get the chance to do lots. Seriously, he didnt get many chances to make this team win today. When you are losing 6-0, what do you want him to do? Seriously.. i hate these french media!

Last edited by Stradale: 03-08-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 10:11 PM
e-e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Yup, that is what the french media is doing. Habs getting pwned 6-0 and that's Kovalev fault. Everybody was expexting Kovalev to have a monster today but he didnt really get the chance to do lots. Seriously, he didnt get many chances to make this team win today. When you are losing 6-0, what do you want him to do? Seriously.. i hate these french media!
a hate everything these days

e-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Yup, that is what the french media is doing. Habs getting pwned 6-0 and that's Kovalev fault. Everybody was expexting Kovalev to have a monster today but he didnt really get the chance to do lots. Seriously, he didnt get many chances to make this team win today. When you are losing 6-0, what do you want him to do? Seriously.. i hate these french media!

that's the problem.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
AlexeiKovalev27

Quote:
clone him then? someone knows rael's number?

AlexeiKovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

agreed with all ure points. the guys at RDS made a very good point. with all this crap going on, carbo should have started kovy. that would have sent a good message.

please wake up boys. Kovy make us proud at home.....please for the love of god.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 10:29 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Yup all the team is breaking loose and everyone blaming Kovalev again... pathetic.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Poor little Kovalev, he's getting some blame......have no idea why a 4.5 million guy with 13 goals would get any blame, that's so unfaird, it's definately the french medias's fault if he didn't play well today....I believe Michel Bergeron was centering him while Villeneuve was on the wing as well.....

Obviously nobody is ready to be accountable for their actions and that's the biggest problem of this team. But then in the end, this whole little sad season will happened 'cause of the french medias. If so, people will have to agree that let's keep that team as it is and shut up the french medias, that way we'll surely have a 100-point season....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 10:39 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujosHabs View Post
agreed with all ure points. the guys at RDS made a very good point. with all this crap going on, carbo should have started kovy. that would have sent a good message.

please wake up boys. Kovy make us proud at home.....please for the love of god.
Why? Face it, Kovalev is a marked man in the locker room. And don't believe the spin doctors: Carbo is not a pleased man after the russian interview.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 10:40 PM
deandebean

Kovalev, Koivu, every freaking veteran is to be blamed here. They are not showing up.They are not worthy of the sweater.

Bring back Kjell Dalhin.

Old
03-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Reiher

or, what about the blame media thread that got closed, that was humourous.

I blame my TV.

Reiher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Reuben

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Kovalev, Koivu, every freaking veteran is to be blamed here. They are not showing up.They are not worthy of the sweater.

Bring back Kjell Dalhin.
i agree with you about everything except for the Kjell Dahlen thing

yup the vet's are leading us by there play that's for sure.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 10:54 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
i agree with you about everything except for the Kjell Dahlen thing

yup the vet's are leading us by there play that's for sure.
I should have wrote Marko Kiprusoff instead.

Old
03-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post

Bring back Kjell Dalhin.
I'm surprised you've joined this witch hunt.

Everyone here harps on about how the team doesn't have a true #1 center. While that's patently false, the point remains valid: this team's core isn't good enough. That doesn't mean Koivu or Kovalev or Markov need to be replaced, but it does mean that the core needs to be shaken up. Ideally, a player of Elias/Alfredsson calibre injected. Failing that, a core player that brings unique attributes (eg. Shanahan), along with a progression from youth and strong coaching would be sufficient. But the objective should be clear: the core needs to change, and that doesn't mean subtracting any of the current ingredients.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Kafka

Why blaming Kovalev? I didn't watch the game, but apparently, the whole team sucked, not only Kovalev. Those players need to enjoy playing together, and it's not the coach that will help them doing that. Blame in on the players, not on people who actually are doing well their job.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Why blaming Kovalev? I didn't watch the game, but apparently, the whole team sucked, not only Kovalev. Those players need to enjoy playing together, and it's not the coach that will help them doing that. Blame in on the players, not on people who actually are doing well their job.
Carbonneau's job is to get the best out of his roster. He's not getting the best out of this roster. The players can be blamed, but the coach is not doing his job well, as you claim.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Russeltown

Jean-Charles Lajoie = Moron.

Some French journalists/reporters are worth to be listened/read ... But they are a minority.

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:06 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I'm surprised you've joined this witch hunt.

Everyone here harps on about how the team doesn't have a true #1 center. While that's patently false, the point remains valid: this team's core isn't good enough. That doesn't mean Koivu or Kovalev or Markov need to be replaced, but it does mean that the core needs to be shaken up. Ideally, a player of Elias/Alfredsson calibre injected. Failing that, a core player that brings unique attributes (eg. Shanahan), along with a progression from youth and strong coaching would be sufficient. But the objective should be clear: the core needs to change, and that doesn't mean subtracting any of the current ingredients.
It wouldn't be so bad if they had better talent at the core. They don't. Montreal probably has the worse talent in the conference right now when it comes to its core players. Well, Florida maybe, but that's about it.

I agree with you. I don't wish Koivu to be traded. But he's not the guy whom this team should rely on.

Kovalev, I would trade in a sec. It would give 4.5 M $ more in leaway to Gainey. Sic. Samsonite.

Markov is talented, but I believe he needs to be surrounded by a better cast, because he's been overused. He'd be a perfect 21 minute guy, but not a 26-27 minute man. He gets hit a lot. That can take its toll on a player.

If Montreal had a definite 1st-2nd defenceman besides him, that would work wonders.

Old
03-08-2007, 11:09 PM
deandebean

Let's face it: our best center in the last 2 months has been Pleks. He works his arse off and he produced somewhat. Plus, he's solid on PK.

since the important stretch started, Koivu has been as visible as Jack Todd in Vietnam.

Old
03-08-2007, 11:11 PM
CHice

Send a message via MSN to CHice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
Yup all the team is breaking loose and everyone blaming Kovalev again... pathetic.
no one is doing anything but kovalev is kovalev, he talks a big game but then does nothing

CHice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Reuben

Quote:
Carbonneau's job is to get the best out of his roster. He's not getting the best out of this roster. The players can be blamed, but the coach is not doing his job well, as you claim.
Carbo can't force they players to work hard, how's he suppose to do that? he's benched players, cut there ice time, i'm not sure what other options he has. what do you suggest Carbo do that he hasn't done yet?

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:14 PM
kdawg3522

We all saw Kovalev tear it up in the olympics, same for Koivu, so why can't they work with the same pride and passion when they play for the Habs as they did for their country? I say we go Brent Sutter style and whoever isn't proud to wear the jersey sits on the bench. Kovalev threatening to leave the team if the media continue to embarrass him was ridiculous, you don't see that happen with the Yankees and their media is a hundred times that of the Habs.

kdawg3522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn View Post
Jean-Charles Lajoie = Moron.

Some French journalists/reporters are worth to be listened/read ... But they are a minority.
That counts for all journalists/reporters.

And calling Lajoie a moron is a insult to morons.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:18 PM
CHice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawg3522 View Post
We all saw Kovalev tear it up in the olympics, same for Koivu, so why can't they work with the same pride and passion when they play for the Habs as they did for their country? I say we go Brent Sutter style and whoever isn't proud to wear the jersey sits on the bench. Kovalev threatening to leave the team if the media continue to embarrass him was ridiculous, you don't see that happen with the Yankees and their media is a hundred times that of the Habs.
if kovalev wants to go let em, 13 goals for 4.5 he is USELESS

Old
03-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Kafka

Quote:
My should we stick to this roster? The worst part is that we are stuck with at least two contracts for 8 M$ that I wish were UFAs at the end of the season.

By the way MIke8, read the first post: it`s about not only the medias, but the french medias........... this thread should be close like the previous one anyway.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:19 PM
CHice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawg3522 View Post
koivu was playing with selanne, here he plays with ryder. little different