HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blame it on Kovy.

Old
03-09-2007, 02:07 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
There are a handful of players who work hard everynight IMO. well we've been going through coaches like they are 1st round picks on trade deadline day, so i think it would be more logical to look elsewhere for the source of the problem.
Personnaly I would change both : the coach, and some players like Koivu, Kovalev, etc.

cause while it's true we havent been succesful with this "core of players" over the last few years, it's also true we werent succesful either with starting coaches...

the last coach who brought us the Cup had tons of experience prior to becoming a Habs coach (Demers)... since then, it's been a disaster.

We're supposed to be the meca of hockey, one would assume we can afford the best (experienced) coaching staff in the league...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 02:15 AM
Reuben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
I totally agree with you

Some guys here decide to start a war with the french media ( i could say the same about francophone players where it seem to be rule to bash them lately), I just don't know if it racism against francophone or they just hate the media.

We live in Quebec, a province where 80% of the population is francophone and those medias are our media, get use to it, they will still be here tommorow.

Honestly, this getting more and more annoying and it just make this forum less appealing for me.
i agree with you it's seems some people only come in here to bring stuff like that up. I'm not sure what there agenda is either, but it's disturbing. they keep bringing it up every chance they can as well and about everything under the sun. logical coaching or managerial decisions become some sort or racial bias for one group of players or another in some people's minds. weird stuff

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 02:21 AM
Reuben

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Personnaly I would change both : the coach, and some players like Koivu, Kovalev, etc.

cause while it's true we havent been succesful with this "core of players" over the last few years, it's also true we werent succesful either with starting coaches...

the last coach who brought us the Cup had tons of experience prior to becoming a Habs coach (Demers)... since then, it's been a disaster.

We're supposed to be the meca of hockey, one would assume we can afford the best (experienced) coaching staff in the league...
I wouldn't be opposed to trading Koivu as taboo as that is to some, for the right deal of course .i just don't want to trade a center and not get another top line center back. I don't know if the best coach in world would make this squad a legit championship contender. we just aren't good enough right now.imo I believe Gainey knows this, his actions suggest this as well.

Old
03-09-2007, 02:37 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHice View Post
koivu was playing with selanne, here he plays with ryder. little different
You forgot to mention bigger ice + little physical contact.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 02:49 AM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
I wouldn't be opposed to trading Koivu as taboo as that is to some, for the right deal of course.
Probably too late. Koivu's value is going down and he has a NTC.

The time to trade him was a few years ago, when a great number of people had it in their extremely fertile imaginations that he was somehow a franchise player and leader.

Today, the return would be less than what he offers to this franchise, I think.

Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 02:54 AM
Reuben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post

The time to trade him was a few years ago, when a great number of people had it in their extremely fertile imaginations that he was somehow a franchise player and leader.

True
I really have no clue what kind of value he has in other GM's eyes though. yup the good ole NTC really limits the options.

Old
03-09-2007, 03:49 AM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post

Wasn't that since he came in the NHL?

He is probably the most overrated and overpaid player on the team next to Kovy. Its no surprise the Habs wanted to build around him and no surprise that he has never lived up to expectations. Not only that since he did become the "franchise" player, the Habs have struggled. Its time to put this baby to rest.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 04:37 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
I wouldn't be opposed to trading Koivu as taboo as that is to some, for the right deal of course .i just don't want to trade a center and not get another top line center back. I don't know if the best coach in world would make this squad a legit championship contender. we just aren't good enough right now.imo I believe Gainey knows this, his actions suggest this as well.
How about making them look like a NHL team...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 06:42 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-e View Post
a hate everything these days

I hate Pizza yesterday, if you can eat all its your problems some things i will never do.

Habs suck.... 2007.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 08:20 AM
Le Petit Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Yup, that is what the french media is doing. Habs getting pwned 6-0 and that's Kovalev fault. Everybody was expexting Kovalev to have a monster performance today but he didnt really get the chance to do lots. Seriously, he didnt get many chances to make this team win today. When you are losing 6-0, what do you want him to do? Seriously.. i hate these french media!
I hate these highest paid player who don't drive the team up !

Le Petit Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 08:45 AM
turnbuckle*

I blame it on Carbo for benching rivet. The team is 8-15 since then.

what sort of message did it send the rest of the team? Here's the heart and soul guy; the elder statesman, and he gets punished for others giving a lackadaisical effort.

the player that should have been sat out was Kovalev, who not coincidentally is the one whining to the media.

what I'd like to know is why Carbo never scratched Kovy and benched him only once...is he afraid that it will upset his boss? Is he afraid of Kovy? Did Bob tell him that he couldn't sit Kovy (doubtful)?

is Carbo a coward? Kovy and Sammy get all whiny about sitting; they are back in the lineup on the top lines right away. Bouillon flips when he's scratched; Carbo turns around plays him every game after even though Gorges played better IMO.

I'm not the type to rail on coaches very often, but if you ask me Carbo is the worse coach we've had since Tremblay. He makes poor personnel decisions, and rewards mediocrity.

*** has Kosty not been used on the power play? Pleks says Kosty has a great shot....Carbo said he's playing fine, but not scoring . Well put him on the point on the power play, especially instead of the Cube...we can all figure it out...what is the problem with Carbo and Muller?

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Transported Upstater

I'm just a frequent visitor to this board, not even a Montreal fan (well, I do like Montreal, but they aren't my favorite team.)

And even I'm getting ****ing sick of threads blaming the French media...

It's gotten to the point where it doesn't matter if you're Francophone or Anglophone...the threads about nationality just make everything worse and turn Habs fans against each other. And most importantly, they sometimes make even the most respected and knowledgeable Canadiens fans turn hostile.

I don't even think it matters whether one supports the French contingent or the English one...all of you should be tired of threads talking about the media, IMO.

Just an outsider's opinion. You all love the SAME TEAM, remember?

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported Upstater View Post
I'm just a frequent visitor to this board, not even a Montreal fan (well, I do like Montreal, but they aren't my favorite team.)

And even I'm getting ****ing sick of threads blaming the French media...

It's gotten to the point where it doesn't matter if you're Francophone or Anglophone...the threads about nationality just make everything worse and turn Habs fans against each other. And most importantly, they sometimes make even the most respected and knowledgeable Canadiens fans turn hostile.

I don't even think it matters whether one supports the French contingent or the English one...all of you should be tired of threads talking about the media, IMO.

Just an outsider's opinion. You all love the SAME TEAM, remember?
Yes we do love the same team, but the problem is that it is a known fact that ever since the team has been in the gutter that have been bashed and bruised by ALL types of media, and they hit on one player at a time, each week its someone new for a couple of days. There are things we should know and things we dont need to know.

Whatever Kovalev said in the media was his opinion, i personally dont think he said anything wrong. he said something we all noticed......but nooooooo everything has to be fine and dandy. The media blew it completely out of proportion and made it sound like some monday night soap opera.

This team is our team and no matter who u like or dislike we will never have a say in what goes on in the locker room, we will never have a say in who gets traded and who stays. So why not just let the gm do his job...i know its sad sometimes to see ure team perform the way they did yesterday, but we have to keep supporting them, im sure none of the players enjoy losing, especially in montreal.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 11:16 AM
MadJah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Yup, that is what the french media is doing. Habs getting pwned 6-0 and that's Kovalev fault. Everybody was expexting Kovalev to have a monster performance today but he didnt really get the chance to do lots. Seriously, he didnt get many chances to make this team win today. When you are losing 6-0, what do you want him to do? Seriously.. i hate these french media!
It's not "french" media... It's quebecois media. Don't be ig-orant.

MadJah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 11:28 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Carbonneau's job is to get the best out of his roster. He's not getting the best out of this roster. The players can be blamed, but the coach is not doing his job well, as you claim.
Which players ? He has none. Just a bunch of whiners and losers.

If you want to blame somebody, blame Gainey, who was unable to find another center to support Saku, or a sniper, and that signed useless Samsonov and traded Ribs for Niinimaa.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 11:30 AM
brownman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
You forgot to mention bigger ice + little physical contact.
You forgot much more talented opposition on the biggest stage in the world

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 11:32 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle View Post
I blame it on Carbo for benching rivet. The team is 8-15 since then.

what sort of message did it send the rest of the team? Here's the heart and soul guy; the elder statesman, and he gets punished for others giving a lackadaisical effort.

the player that should have been sat out was Kovalev, who not coincidentally is the one whining to the media.

what I'd like to know is why Carbo never scratched Kovy and benched him only once...is he afraid that it will upset his boss? Is he afraid of Kovy? Did Bob tell him that he couldn't sit Kovy (doubtful)?

is Carbo a coward? Kovy and Sammy get all whiny about sitting; they are back in the lineup on the top lines right away. Bouillon flips when he's scratched; Carbo turns around plays him every game after even though Gorges played better IMO.

I'm not the type to rail on coaches very often, but if you ask me Carbo is the worse coach we've had since Tremblay. He makes poor personnel decisions, and rewards mediocrity.

*** has Kosty not been used on the power play? Pleks says Kosty has a great shot....Carbo said he's playing fine, but not scoring . Well put him on the point on the power play, especially instead of the Cube...we can all figure it out...what is the problem with Carbo and Muller?
Benching Rivet was his biggest mistake, not that Rivet was playing that well, but other deserved to be benched instead of him. He used an old coaching method to wake up his team , and it backfired on him. Not benching Kovy was his second one. And promoting Latendresse from the fourth to the first line overnite was his third biggest mistake.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote