HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Send down Halak

Old
03-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Le Maroons

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyreg View Post
Interesting that Danis had his NHL regular season debut against Atlanta...

Anyway, I don't think Halak wasn't completely undeserving of his call up. Being ready for it is something completely different.
Good point. I don't care if they send him back and call up Danis. I doubt Danis is the answer, but I guess they could try?

I dunno.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 05:35 PM
ChasingCheckers
chasingcheckers*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
Good point. I don't care if they send him back and call up Danis. I doubt Danis is the answer, but I guess they could try?

Well, he can't be any worse than what they've got now. Danis is mature and has some NHL experience. He got a shut out in his first start, afterall, against the same team who scored five times in about 23 minutes against Halak last night.

Aebi isn't much better, and a goaltender who has been dropped from four teams this season, well, I don't have very high expectations.

ChasingCheckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 05:38 PM
jazzyreg

Send a message via AIM to jazzyreg Send a message via MSN to jazzyreg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post

I dunno.
I honestly have believed the Habs were making a statement to Danis by not calling him up. I think they're basically saying we've lost all hope in you. Good luck with your free agency next year.

Good luck to him indeed. He deserves a chance in the NHL as a backup and I, unfortauntely, don't see that happening to him with the Habs.

jazzyreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova_Scotia_Vees View Post
His confidence is shattered right now i say send him down so he can regain his form in Hamilton and call up Danis.
I agree, if Danis is fully healthy, we might as well see what he can do.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 01:58 PM
jazzyreg

Send a message via AIM to jazzyreg Send a message via MSN to jazzyreg
So did they send him down?

I just saw:

Sergei Samsonov et Andrei Kostitsyn regarderont le match de la galerie de presse, Josh Gorges retrouvera sa place la ligne bleue et Michael Leighton secondera David Aebischer.

jazzyreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 02:12 PM
IcemanTBI

I feel sorry for Halak really. Plays in Hamilton and a good Bulldogs team, and then gets thrown into the fire up in Montreal where he is expected to become the saviour of the 2006-2007 Habs, based on his sparking record in Hamilton.

It was a mistake to call up Halak in the first place. He should be in Hamilton, where he can mature as a goalie and a player on a team that has far less scrutiny around them, and far less hype. He hasn't been playing here long enough to completely shatter his confidence, but give it a few more losses and I'm sure it will be a different story.

Keep him up a tad longer, but when reality sinks in and this team is not even going to sniff the post-season, send him back down where he will have a chance to win with the Dogs.

IcemanTBI is offline   Reply With Quote