HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game report card

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2003, 07:13 PM
hockeyaddict101

vCash: 500
Game report card

Sorry but it's been awhile as I have been very busy. The Oilers seem to be taking baby steps on getting themselves out of this funk.

Brewer - Played a pretty good game, he was steady and made some nice offensive plays. Almost had the winner and a great pass by York but ilt was a great play to get open and outworking the Phoenix defender.

Cross - Pretty steady game, not too many problems with his game tonight.

Dvorak - He is either very hot or very cold it seems. Tonight he played very well and was rewarded.

Ferguson - Always maligned on these boards but IMO not always deservedly so. He was good tonight. The reason he stays in is he plays within his means and doesn't try to do to much.

Hemsky - He struggled tonight, got an assist but his passes were just terrible and many neutral zone turnovers. Not surprisingly he was pulled off the first line.

Horcoff - One of his strongest games of the year. He played very well defensively this evening and created a lot offensively. Single-handidly killed off 40 seconds of Ferguson's penalty.

Isbister - Played ok, made a nice rush in OT that would have been a goal by Smyth but Isbister took the net off its moorings.

Oates - Wasn't that impressed with him. He was brought here to help on the powerplay but I don't know how many bad passes he made on the PP that Phoenix just cleared out of the zone. Got a lucky assist on the PP.

Laraque - Had a fight, and noticed that he had about 3 or 4 hits. Still a long way to go before he gets a good mark but at least I saw him trying to be physical.

Moreau - For the second night in a row he was working and getting the opposition goalie getting mad at him. Why does the goalie get a free pass to maul forwards but you can't nick the "poor" goalie? Something that has to be looked at IMO.

Pisani - Always works hard but is not often rewarded. Nice to see him bend the twine.

Salo - Really no chance on any of the goals. At first I thought he could have jumped on the second goal but he was off balance.

Semenov - Unlucky when he fell on the third goal but not a bad game.

Smith - Another solid game.

Smyth - He was Smytty tonight, had some good chances. Still a little ways to be the strong Smyth of old but he is starting to look like the player he can be.

Staios - Got stronger as the game wore on, he made some very good defensive plays.

Stoll - Won some key defensive faceoffs tonight.

Torres - A little unlucky this evening, he caused some turnovers but his game has cooled off considerly.

York - Very good game, he made some key defensive plays and was creating all evening. Especially in the second half of the game.

The Refs - Oh, cheap calls batman. Terrible call on the so-called goaltending interference call, and even worse on the Pisani call. The Oilers faded a little after those calls but to their credit battled through it.

Shot at Sather - Why didn't you pick Shane Doan instead of Steve Kelly? Excellent game by Doan, he was all over the ice.

Old
12-12-2003, 07:37 PM
Lowetide

I've missed these the last while, nice to see them back spaz44. Excellent as always.

York I thought was just amazing, zipping all over the ice, tireless. Even knocked down a bigger man at one point.

I also think Smith and Staios got running around a little on the pk, as mometai mentioned earlier.

Old
12-12-2003, 07:52 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
I've missed these the last while, nice to see them back spaz44. Excellent as always.

York I thought was just amazing, zipping all over the ice, tireless. Even knocked down a bigger man at one point.

I also think Smith and Staios got running around a little on the pk, as mometai mentioned earlier.
Yes they did run around a lot on the PK, but so did everyone else. The Oilers PK is so bad I don't think it is fair to single out two players. The rest of the game they played well.

But no doubt they were both in no man's land on the PK, especially on the two man advantage.

Old
12-13-2003, 04:45 AM
Oilhitch

"Shot at Sather - Why didn't you pick Shane Doan instead of Steve Kelly? Excellent game by Doan, he was all over the ice"

Good call. I still shake my head at this one to this day.

Closed Thread