HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Comrie in Phoenix - Paul Mara out with Flu Coincidense?

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2003, 07:05 AM
Jerky Leclerc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by camboy
Does this mean Lupul is back on the table? Or maybe Rucchin?
From the OC Register today.

---------

Joffrey Lupul and Andy McDonald read the papers. They saw the news. They have friends in the business.

There was nothing they could do to keep from hearing their names tossed around as possible trade bait for Comrie. Sure, it can be distracting. But it's part of the game.

"You've got to try not to let that affect you as much as possible," McDonald said.

"You do your job. That's all you can control."

McDonald has six goals and 11 assists this season, trailing only Sergei Fedorov, Petr Sykora and Vinny Prospal.

Lupul (six goals, seven assists this season) had the right approach, but found it a little tougher to ignore the rumors.

"It was hard for me because I'm from Edmonton," Lupul said. "I was getting a lot of calls from my buddies asking me when I'm coming home."

Ducks coach Mike Babcock let Lupul, 20, know that he wasn't going to be involved with any deal involving the Ducks and Oilers.

"He told me they were just rumors," Lupul said. "He told me, 'Don't worry about opening the paper and seeing your name in there.'"

Old
12-13-2003, 07:22 AM
Chistov23

Quote:
Originally Posted by camboy
Does this mean Lupul is back on the table? Or maybe Rucchin?
Lupul was never on the table imo. Babcock and Murray have said over and over again lupul wouldn't be involved. Also why would we even consider trading rucchin. He is our new captain and doing a great job especially with all of his naging injuries. Also we are trying to get bigger so if any forwards do come up in the talk it would probably be mcdonald although if he is then i think there would be more added from the oiler side, like a prospect.

Old
12-13-2003, 07:22 AM
camboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc
From the OC Register today.

---------

Joffrey Lupul and Andy McDonald read the papers. They saw the news. They have friends in the business.

There was nothing they could do to keep from hearing their names tossed around as possible trade bait for Comrie. Sure, it can be distracting. But it's part of the game.

"You've got to try not to let that affect you as much as possible," McDonald said.

"You do your job. That's all you can control."

McDonald has six goals and 11 assists this season, trailing only Sergei Fedorov, Petr Sykora and Vinny Prospal.

Lupul (six goals, seven assists this season) had the right approach, but found it a little tougher to ignore the rumors.

"It was hard for me because I'm from Edmonton," Lupul said. "I was getting a lot of calls from my buddies asking me when I'm coming home."

Ducks coach Mike Babcock let Lupul, 20, know that he wasn't going to be involved with any deal involving the Ducks and Oilers.

"He told me they were just rumors," Lupul said. "He told me, 'Don't worry about opening the paper and seeing your name in there.'"
I think Gretzky thought he would never be traded too. What else would a coach say to a player? "Ya son, looks like you may be traded any day now....so go score a hat trick and don't worry about it".
I'm not saying Lupul will be traded, but I am sure it is a possibility.

Old
12-13-2003, 07:27 AM
camboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chistov23
Lupul was never on the table imo. Babcock and Murray have said over and over again lupul wouldn't be involved. Also why would we even consider trading rucchin. He is our new captain and doing a great job especially with all of his naging injuries. Also we are trying to get bigger so if any forwards do come up in the talk it would probably be mcdonald although if he is then i think there would be more added from the oiler side, like a prospect.

Good points...I guess. Maybe it stands to reason that Anaheim and Edmonton are not good trade partners. Maybe a three way is being talked about.....Ducks, Yotes, and Oilers?

Old
12-13-2003, 07:14 PM
CoyoteBaloney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
I don't think the yotes are good trading partners. They are absolutely loaded at centre. Behind Langkow they have:

Hrdina - on pace for 20 pts this season
Gratton - on pace for 28 points this season
Sillinger - on pace for 17 points this season
Taffe - on pace for 8 points this season.

I am sure that barnet is real happy with this group. These guys are expensive as well - 6 mill for this pile of crap.

Why would Barnet want a guy who costs 1.65 mill and could outscore these four combined? If Barnet isn't the worst gm in hockey, then he isn't trying hard enough.
Barnett's team is ahead of the Oilers.

Comrie and Winter were in Phx to talk to Barnett and Gretzky ... at least that is what is being reported down here. I believe Comrie sat a few rows behind me halfway through the game. If I had known that he was here for a possible trade I would have asked him for his autograph and made sure he knew I recognized him so he wouldn't want to play in Arizona.

His holdout is about money, not the crap he is spouting off about. I hope Barnett doesn't work anything out for that big baby.

And don't be shocked about Mara getting the flu. The flu hits wartm weather towns harder then most winter towns because germs spread more easily and this season has been the worst flu season in my 12 year history of living in Phoenix.

Old
12-14-2003, 05:37 AM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc
If you want to nit-pick at semantics here, he didn't say "You won't be traded" just "You won't find out about it in the newspaper."

Old
12-15-2003, 08:24 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

In a previous article he stated directly that he had told Lupul that he wouldn't be going to Edmonton.

Old
12-15-2003, 08:29 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteTony
Barnett's team is ahead of the Oilers.
In what way?

Quote:
His holdout is about money, not the crap he is spouting off about. I hope Barnett doesn't work anything out for that big baby.
If that is true, why would he agree to a 2 year deal that pays him 1.65mil? I am pretty sure Lowe would have jumped all over that deal if Comrie was willing to play in Edmonton.

Old
12-15-2003, 10:25 AM
AVE MAN

Just a gut feeling but I think Pho is where Comrie ends up. I think Comrie was in Phoenix to take his physical. The ANA deal looks all but dead.

Closed Thread