HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings@Wings, 3/09 7:30PM

Old
03-10-2007, 07:39 AM
8snake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Anyone else see Hudler's play where the puck was about 5 feet from him and he did that Looney Tunes "scramble in mid-air without moving" thing? Ouch. That is Exhibit A for why he's never going to be a top scorer. No size + no wheels = mediocre at best.
Was thinking the same thing as I watched it...when he get's going he's alright, but his lack of burst/accleration really limits his effectiveness.

Quote:
Datsyuk is having a really hard time generating offense without Zetterberg. He's still getting a point in each game, but most of the time, you can really see how rough the sledding is for him with nobody to take the pressure off.
IMO Datsyuk has been beyond outstanding since Zetterberg went down. I actually was thinking the opposite...Datsyuk has generated a ton, and in the process made Flip a more dangerous player.

8snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8snake View Post
IMO Datsyuk has been beyond outstanding since Zetterberg went down. I actually was thinking the opposite...Datsyuk has generated a ton, and in the process made Flip a more dangerous player.
I agree with your take on Dats. He seems to make something happen ever time he's out, and those little dekes and quick turns by the boards have resulted in lots of chances for his forwards. The problem is his forwards can't finish. I can't blame Flip too much as he has to learn to just go to the net and Dats will find him. He's still trying to be a bit of playmaker too. Totally unnecessary if Dats is your center. Sammy? Well, he did just get back but the rust was pretty bad. I was hoping Babs would try Calder with Dats... but we have to have Golden Boy get some guys doing some work for him. Anyone else notice the point in the game where Lang and Calder were both in the corner as the puck squirted over? Lang just stood there, literally, just stood and watched as Calder immediately started battling for the puck not even a nanosecond after he saw it. To think I used to be one of Lang's supporters...

Before anyone makes too much of the team right now, remember that we have some of our top scorers out right now, and potentially high scorer in Bert. I can't wait to see what the team looks like once all the guys are back in.

Old
03-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
And for that matter, we'll see if Kronwall ever takes a shot that doesn't hit the glass. I don't know if he's aiming for corners, squeezing the stick, or if his shot just sucks, but man, he couldn't hit **** if he fell in the toilet. And he had another awful giveaway / charity goal for the Kings. Not a good sign. He really hasn't progressed at all this season. Very troubling.

I was thinking last night that he looks like he has regressed. He's just looking too reactive, like he either doesn't see or anticipate plays the way he used to, and he gets caught going the wrong way or standing still. Are cage helmets a bit worse vision-wise? I've never worn a helmet so.... you guys who've played will have to chime in here. He doesn't move as fluidly either. His timing is just off on everything it seems.

Old
03-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Yep, this team would be in trouble right now if not for Datsyuk. He has scored at least one point in 9 of the last 10 games. He has 4 goals and 15 assists over that span. So Datsyuk has been very solid. If he plays this well during the playoffs the Wings are going to be in good shape.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 10:38 AM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
First of all, Cujo, I thought you were slipping 'cause you usually beat me to the punch on the GDT. It's up to you tomorrow - since I will be at the game!

Second, Shoalzie, I plan on taking as many pics as I can. I have a new digital camera with a wicked bad telephoto on it, and I honestly believe I will be able to get some shots all the way to the bench from where I am sitting (section 108). I've got requests for shots of Dom, Valtteri, Brett, Kyle and of course, as many of Pasha that I can get. I'll do my best to get you some, I promise.

Now, the game last night...Brett Lebda's goal was awesome. He did remind me of Bobby Orr in his prime. It was fun to watch. I loved Dom's comment afterwards: "I had better get that assist."

Pasha's goal last night sort of surprised me, because I didn't think he'd be around the goal that quick. He was definitely right on the spot at the right time. And the give and go with Sammy was really smooth. Welcome back, Mikael!

With Nik, I think that cage has to be something of a hinderance for him. I can't think he can see all that well out of it, and I have to believe that it's really interfering with his shooting ability and his vision.

God, I can't wait til tomorrow!!!!

kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 11:09 AM
RedAce

Kira PLEASE shoot me any Dats pic's you get PLEASE!!!!! Or if you take any Pre game warm up video i'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see that.

OK GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 11:44 AM
DTownWingsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira View Post
First of all, Cujo, I thought you were slipping 'cause you usually beat me to the punch on the GDT. It's up to you tomorrow - since I will be at the game!

Second, Shoalzie, I plan on taking as many pics as I can. I have a new digital camera with a wicked bad telephoto on it, and I honestly believe I will be able to get some shots all the way to the bench from where I am sitting (section 108). I've got requests for shots of Dom, Valtteri, Brett, Kyle and of course, as many of Pasha that I can get. I'll do my best to get you some, I promise.

Now, the game last night...Brett Lebda's goal was awesome. He did remind me of Bobby Orr in his prime. It was fun to watch. I loved Dom's comment afterwards: "I had better get that assist."

Pasha's goal last night sort of surprised me, because I didn't think he'd be around the goal that quick. He was definitely right on the spot at the right time. And the give and go with Sammy was really smooth. Welcome back, Mikael!

With Nik, I think that cage has to be something of a hinderance for him. I can't think he can see all that well out of it, and I have to believe that it's really interfering with his shooting ability and his vision.

God, I can't wait til tomorrow!!!!
Hope you enjoy the game tomorrow. Think you could get a shot or 2 of Ozzie if possible?

DTownWingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 12:29 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Was thinking the same thing as I watched it...when he get's going he's alright, but his lack of burst/accleration really limits his effectiveness.

I'm not saying Datsyuk has been bad, I think he's done pretty well since Z went out. But watching this game, and most of the games recently, you can just see the other team keying in on him and there's almost always 2 guys in his face whenever he's anywhere near the puck. It looks like he's laboring at times because of all the extra attention. And I agree, Flip has benefitted by playing with him.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Shoalzie

Quote:

Killer sweet killer...I'd ask for a Hank photo but won't be possible. Any good action shots are things I couldn't capture sitting up close when I was there in early January.

Have fun on Sunday!

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 01:20 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
I was thinking last night that he looks like he has regressed. He's just looking too reactive, like he either doesn't see or anticipate plays the way he used to, and he gets caught going the wrong way or standing still. Are cage helmets a bit worse vision-wise? I've never worn a helmet so.... you guys who've played will have to chime in here. He doesn't move as fluidly either. His timing is just off on everything it seems.
I've tried it and I do not like it, I just feel too uncomfortable. I think it bothers him because he has been terrible of late, plain terrble.

That 2nd goal was weaker than both "weak" goals allowed by Osgood in the previous game. But the Dominator is our force in the playoffs no matter what.
Bobby Lebda ruuuuulllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeees. What a goal by Lebda , he has scored some huge goals this season.
Pasha is a force. The opponents send 2/3 men on him, he still beats them and creates quality chances. He is great fun to watch, one of the most entertaining players in the league. I promise you folks, you will see him do well in the PO.
Maltby and Schneider should switch positions, Maltby should play defence and Schneider should play a forward. It's a win/win situation.
Calder 1st game no point, but that man is great. What a wonderfull addition. Holland/mng made a great deal here.
Ellis also had a very good game.

Last edited by 14ari13: 03-10-2007 at 01:45 PM.
14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 01:33 PM
DelVecchio

Quote:

Check with JLA on your camera. There's a policy on telephotos.
I think if your lens exceeds 58mm?? in length (physical length not focal length) presumably from the front of the body, they won't let you bring it in. They claim the reason is to prevent banging spectators in the schnozz with flying lenses.

DelVecchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 02:37 PM
MotownMadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
Bobby Lebda ruuuuulllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeees. What a goal by Lebda , he has scored some huge goals this season.
Just caught the highlights, and yes, that goal by Lebda was awesome.

It may not be fair to make comparisons, but I was thinking about the hoopla surrounding Kronvall when he joined the Wings and his early play. Kronner's coverage on the first goal was awful and as others have said, his play has been subpar lately. Just wondering if Lebda receives the recognition he deserves (beyond those of us in this forum who enjoy changing his first name). He does well defensively (considering his experience) and looks great with some of his passes/ shots.

MotownMadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 02:56 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownMadman View Post

It may not be fair to make comparisons, but I was thinking about the hoopla surrounding Kronvall when he joined the Wings and his early play. Kronner's coverage on the first goal was awful and as others have said, his play has been subpar lately. Just wondering if Lebda receives the recognition he deserves (beyond those of us in this forum who enjoy changing his first name). He does well defensively (considering his experience) and looks great with some of his passes/ shots.
I wonder if Babcock wants them to do it. Last game it was Schneider who jumped the rush and it worked greatly, this time it was Lebda. Both plays were impressive, but this one by Lebda was unbelievable.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Gavin24

kronwall stunk it up,
man im getting worried/tired of us dropping like flies
i was really liking Franzen's play as of late also

Gavin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 06:29 PM
aarijaba

man that lebdas goal was some nice flashback from paul coffey era

aarijaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownMadman View Post

Hey, there was the article on Borathieu on NHL.com, saying the Wings were grooming him as an offensive d-man. That's a nice bit of recognition for a guy who has been under everyone's radar since he got here.

Old
03-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelVecchio View Post
Check with JLA on your camera. There's a policy on telephotos.
I think if your lens exceeds 58mm?? in length (physical length not focal length) presumably from the front of the body, they won't let you bring it in. They claim the reason is to prevent banging spectators in the schnozz with flying lenses.

I always wondered about this policy, but I think they don't want people coming and taking high quality shots and selling them. Who knows. They check your purse and bags when you come in, and yes, the policy is 55 mm, and nothing larger. They make you check them at the info booth or take them back to your car.

Old
03-10-2007, 09:17 PM
DelVecchio

Quote:
I always wondered about this policy, but I think they don't want people coming and taking high quality shots and selling them. Who knows. They check your purse and bags when you come in, and yes, the policy is 55 mm, and nothing larger. They make you check them at the info booth or take them back to your car.

55mm seems to be arbitrarily short, which lends credence to your suspicion that they want to control who can shoot what. Obviously there should be some limit because the big telephotos can get pretty big and hazardous to your neighbors; however with modern NIKON/CANON zooms you can pack a pretty long reach into 4-6 inches.

Old
03-10-2007, 09:27 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
I've never been searched...and the telephoto is totally retractable. If I don't have it on telephoto, you can't tell it's there.

It's basically a rule on changeable lenses. On a digital like the one I have it's hard to tell just by looking at it that it's there.

RedAce, you know that Pasha's the main one on my radar. Ozzie, Dom, Brett, Valtteri, anyone else I can get - that's icing on the cake. Pasha's the one that I'm concentrating on.

I will give y'all a report tomorrow night. If you're at home watching the game, I'll be in Section 108 - with a Moscow Dynamo jersey (blue) on.

kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelVecchio View Post
55mm seems to be arbitrarily short, which lends credence to your suspicion that they want to control who can shoot what. Obviously there should be some limit because the big telephotos can get pretty big and hazardous to your neighbors; however with modern NIKON/CANON zooms you can pack a pretty long reach into 4-6 inches.
Are you a photo buff? I have a digital SLR and of course I'd love to take it to games but I wouldn't leave it at an info booth if somehow I had to do that. I have an awesome 75-300mm zoom lens for it, so the whole thing starts getting heavy too.

Old
03-11-2007, 01:33 PM
DelVecchio

Quote:
Are you a photo buff? I have a digital SLR and of course I'd love to take it to games but I wouldn't leave it at an info booth if somehow I had to do that. I have an awesome 75-300mm zoom lens for it, so the whole thing starts getting heavy too.
Yes. But I'm more a dabbler who talks a good game. I'm the guy who takes a pic and then doesn't develop the film. I buy tons of equipment though.
Your lens is the perfect example of what I was talking about: It will take exellent pics, has a very long reach (on a digital it's equivalent to a 450mm lens on a film camera), and you don't need to worry about bouncing it offside someone's head every time you turn. I bet it's 5 inches long; But you can't get it into JLA unless you hide it with the beer cans.