HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why not Sykora?

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2003, 10:04 PM
ToothlessAggression

vCash: 500
Why not Sykora?

How many games in the last little while have the Oilers dominated, but just could not score? We've been saying it for years, we need a goal scorer, Sykora is a pure goal scorer and has not been great for the Ducks. He has a pretty hefty contract at $3,500,000(I believe), but I'm sure we could find room for it. He has been stuck on trapping teams for his entire career, I could see him lighting it up here.

I am not too great at trade proposals but how about this?
Comrie, Isbister and a second round pick
For
Sykora and Perry

Addresses present and future for us. Maybe Isbister would flourish on a team with a strict system. I don't know if that would be enough to land Sykora and Perry though.

Old
12-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Cujo_31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergize
How many games in the last little while have the Oilers dominated, but just could not score? We've been saying it for years, we need a goal scorer, Sykora is a pure goal scorer and has not been great for the Ducks. He has a pretty hefty contract at $3,500,000(I believe), but I'm sure we could find room for it. He has been stuck on trapping teams for his entire career, I could see him lighting it up here.

I am not too great at trade proposals but how about this?
Comrie, Isbister and a second round pick
For
Sykora and Perry

Addresses present and future for us. Maybe Isbister would flourish on a team with a strict system. I don't know if that would be enough to land Sykora and Perry though.

Sykora's too expensive & i think we'd be giving up a bit too much, I dont think Murray wants Issy, I just dont see him fitting into their system.
& now we're giving up a 2nd rd pick, we're not getting the 1st we'd be getting if we dealt just Comrie. either Anaheim has to throw in a 1st rd pick & make our pick a 3rd rdr..or we take out either Isbister or the 2nd rd pick + they pay half of Sykora's remaining contract.

I think Isbister just needs a bit more time & he can establish himself as a pretty good power forwad for us. did you see how he drove to the net in OT tonight?? wow, if he can do that more often, we'll have a Todd Bertuzzi type... I hope the Oilers dont deal Issy...

Old
12-12-2003, 10:55 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
wasn't Murray saying he wanted Size on the wing? (correct me if i'm wrong here)

but with Izzy moved that would also move a extra 1.25 million (that should be whats left of the 2 million Izzy is getting) maube Laraque too (reasoning down below)

if Sykora was the return lowe was getting I would be very happy to him here, he is what the oilers do need but then also creats a jam packed RW with Sykora Hemsky Dvorak Pisani and Laraque.

It would be a shame to have one Sykyra Dvorak or Hemsky on the 4th line thats for sure but would create incredable depth and I would think Hemsky gets moved back to 4th line to give him some more time to learn, too bad I don't see the Ducks hanging on too Sykora as one of their keystones towards the future

Old
12-13-2003, 03:42 AM
Jerky Leclerc

If Anaheim isn't willing to give Andy McDonald for Comrie, there is no reason they would give up Sykora. Bryan Murray wants to win now, not in five years. Sykora is one of those pieces. He and Prospal are playing pretty well together. Besides, the Oilers can't afford Sykora's 4 million dollar salary.

Old
12-13-2003, 04:01 AM
Oiltalk

If smyth all of sudden falls off of the face of the Earth the Oilers will be able to afford Sykora, but until than nope.

Old
12-13-2003, 04:07 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
jeez i dunno if we're talking afford here then trade isbister plus comries 2.5m coming back shud take care of sykora but like Jerky said why would Murray want to trade him

Closed Thread