HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official TOOTIN POWER GDT March 10: New York Rangers at Pit Penguins 1:00p MSG ‎

Old
03-10-2007, 02:47 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Until the puck was deflected is was right at him. It went up because it was tipped up by Malik. The goal had nothing to do with Lundqvist going down. He had the angle on the shot and had it all lined up.

The piss poor pass up the middle into traffic was the cause. The rwing board was wide up, plus there was support there. That is where the puck was required to go.
Look I'm not killing Lundqvist he's been brilliant. But he get's beaten when he goes down too soon. If he stays up, the deflection hits him in the chest. He went down early on Crosby earlier and get lucky.

Captain Monglobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I blame this loss on Jagr and his minions tonight. They cost the Rangers this game.
Are they too arrogant to shoot? Do they get hard-on's from puck possession? I'm really trying to figure out why they think that they are an all star team every shift, waiting for a spectacular goal instead of getting dirty.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
He went down too soon.
Wrong but okay.

And if Jagr is hurt so what? What has he done lately to 'lead' us anywhere? If he's hurt it gives the rest of the guys to drop their over reliance on passing to him. It'd be nice to see.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
and that is why Dubinsky did not play after the penalty.
Dubinsky is too young. Not allowed to play with less than 15 minutes to go in the 3rd.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bar down*

Send a message via AIM to bar down*
jagr better be hurt pretty bad otherwise he should suck it up and play through it. i dotn understand why he wouldnt play unless he was really hurt. my guess is its bad.

bar down* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
How do you blame it on Jagr? He looked as assertive as he has in weeks prior to his injury.
SHoot the DAMN PUCK ON THE PP.

Old
03-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsjimster View Post
jagr better be hurt pretty bad otherwise he should suck it up and play through it. i dotn understand why he wouldnt play unless he was really hurt. my guess is its bad.
Yeah, he must have two broken legs and a cracked rib. That's the only way I oculd see him sitting out.

Old
03-10-2007, 02:49 PM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmieder44 View Post
the way these refs handle Crosby unbelievable, did he draw like 5 penalties?

On another note, having Malik and Rosival on the same pairing is really hard to take against quick teams. They cant get out of their own way.
The way Crosby dives he should be playing for Philly.

Anyway, I'm kind of happy we lost right now because with that effort, if we stole it, tomorrow would be the same ****. Someone needs to ***** slap half the team in the face and just say don't be lazy.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
roxchipsi8

A few thoughts:

Malik is a nerd. A European Tom Poti.
Power play is unbelievable. you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
It seems like you can't touch crosby without getting a penalty.

We're lucky to get a point out of the game

roxchipsi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!

Ugh...we still have to play the Penquins and their ref buddies 2 more times !!

WhatThePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 02:50 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
SHoot the DAMN PUCK ON THE PP.
Jagr had 5 shots in the 2nd. No one else shot. This is why I did not want the Straka-Nylander-Jagr line re-united, they get too cute and that carries over into the PP. Rozsival had opportunities to shoot. Straka is probably physically unable to shoot from the point with the shoulder problem.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 02:50 PM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsjimster View Post
Might have thought his team could hold down a 2 goal lead and he shouldn't risk it and not be able to play tomorrow. He should know better than the rangers not to suck though.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 02:51 PM
bmw2004

Inconsistency is what this team is all about.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Straka, Nylander, Roszival, Malik--none of them changed or even tried to change as far as I could tell. We just handed away that point. Pathetic.
Straka has not taken many shots since he returned. Why he continues on the point on the PP is beyond understanding. You have Pock & Mara now to play the points with Rachunek and Rozsival.

OT it is 4 v 4 why is Roszival skating away from Armstrong and not towards him to keep him wide and not a threat? The play beyond going up the Rwing boards and not up the middle intoto traffic.

The refs were inconsistent. The non call on the icing was a joke. Why were both linesmen in the neutral zone? The ref was right there and he had a brain fart too. He should have blown the whistle for the icing.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shoothepuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by streen1000 View Post
omg is there any way those guys could look more lazy skating out there? And they have a game tommorrow... good luck
A real early game,(12:45), and at home where they play even less motivated than normal.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 02:52 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
Inconsistency is what this team is all about.
well they are consistant at blowing 2-0 leads and taking penalties in the 3rd to give the game away.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 02:52 PM
bar down*

Send a message via AIM to bar down*
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
Might have thought his team could hold down a 2 goal lead and he shouldn't risk it and not be able to play tomorrow. He should know better than the rangers not to suck though.
a captain plays through everything unless its terrible. if it was him "saving" himself tomorrow thats a bunch of bs. and if thats true, he let the entire teasm down.

bar down* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 02:53 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Straka has not taken many shots since he returned. Why he continues on the point on the PP is beyond understanding. You have Pock & Mara now to play the points with Rachunek and Rozsival.
OT it is 4 v 4 why is Roszival skating away from Armstrong and not towards him to keep him wide and not a threat? The play beyond going up the Rwing boards and not up the middle intoto traffic.

The refs were inconsistent. The non call on the icing was a joke. Why were both linesmen in the neutral zone? The ref was right there and he had a brain fart too. He should have blown the whistle for the icing.
I am a Renney supporter but that move puzzles me too.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Until the puck was deflected is was right at him. It went up because it was tipped up by Malik. The goal had nothing to do with Lundqvist going down. He had the angle on the shot and had it all lined up.

The piss poor pass up the middle into traffic was the cause. The rwing board was wide up, plus there was support there. That is where the puck was required to go.
once again, you put it perfectly.

my thoughts exactly.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 02:54 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Wrong but okay.

And if Jagr is hurt so what? What has he done lately to 'lead' us anywhere? If he's hurt it gives the rest of the guys to drop their over reliance on passing to him. It'd be nice to see.
A difference of opinion, yes. Wrong? Not neccesarily.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 02:54 PM
roxchipsi8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
I am a Renney supporter but that move puzzles me too.
Especially since Straka just came back from a shoulder injury where he said he couldn't physically shoot.

roxchipsi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:

not only is he not taking many shots, his passes are so soft they are barely reaching their targets. notice he cant make any long passes. the guy is seriously hurt. I understand hes a gamer, and his presence helps, but hes useless on the PP. Right now id use him as a 3rd or 4th liner. Seriously, hes still got wheels to carry the puck and defend, but not much else.

Old
03-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Dubinsky is too young. Not allowed to play with less than 15 minutes to go in the 3rd.
Hes still really raw though. I still think he shouldnt be in the NHL. hes got pros, but im not sure this cup of coffee or whatever is going to help his growth. Often times he makes the wrong plays, and often times he uses his body perfectly. I think a lot of the "kinks" in his game are stuff that should be ironed out in the minors, not stuff you learn from in the majors. certain things you can only learn in the pros, i get that, but Dubinsky still has a lot of work to get to the point where the minors dont help him at all.

Old
Balej20*

Atleast they got the make believe point for losing, right? Stupid NHL.

Old
Ola

Tough way to loose the game, but it was on the wall so to speak.

I mean, with a onearmed Straka, and without Shanny, Jagr, Hossa and Tyutin we are just too thin.

Roszival and Malik worked extremely hard all night and should get a ton of credit IMO, after that kind of work you can even afford a gaffe like that on the end.

With about 10 to go Pittsburgh had knocked us the reff were on 9 and gooing on 10 when we climbed back and fought us into OT.

So I am very pleased with the effort and the point. Jagr now must get back for tomorrow. Without him we are screwed big time. Everyones play will drop if we can't push the other team back regulary with atleast one line.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote