HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Gainey went all out... part 2

Old
03-10-2007, 09:00 AM
krabby

vCash: 500
If Gainey went all out... part 2

I find most threads adding insight into future GM dealings to be completely realistic, and only wonder why Gainey does not post here to get crucial information.... or does he . Anyway, a quick look at the UFA list made me realize that yet again, there is no one out there that is going to save the habs, but there is a couple that would certainly help us. Unfortunately two of them are from Buffalo, and Buffalo is not as cheap as they used to be. With Briere being there franchise player, you can only assume they will do what the have to in resigning him, and Drury is an American born player, thats not to say an American born player won't want to come here, but odds are... no, he won't want to come here. This all leads me to one of the brighter moments of last year, Dumont telling his agent he wanted to play for the habs, and hoping to get an offer. Despite the fact we did not sign him, it was very refreshing to hear. We always hear about how players want to play for the leafs... Roberts, O'Neil ... I know I have heard of about a dozen more from the leafs, I just try to block it out. Anyway, where are all of the hab lovers like Dumont, getting there agents to beg Gainey for a contract, and taking pay cuts to sign with the most storied franchise in the NHL with its vast and die hard fan base...... where are these players. Aside from Lecavilier, who decided it wasnt a great idea after all when offered a huge contract, I have yet to hear of one player. Is Briere a hab fan, waiting all these years to become a UFA and play for Montreal, has Ryan Smyth been a closet hab fan all these years... where are these people!!!!!

krabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 09:06 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by krabby View Post
has Ryan Smyth been a closet hab fan all these years... where are these people!!!!!
Smith is an Edmonton boy and has admitted on a number of ocassions he was an Oiler fan.

Don't forget there are a lot of Hab haters out there also. Bergeron is one player that comes to mind.

But I don't think that really plays in the decision making. I think by the time these players are UFAs, they have other concerns: they're married, have children, want to win the cup, don't like their privacy invaded, want money, etc

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Blades 0f Steel

You're new to these boards, so it's understandable...but don't go starting new threads when there's a perfectly good one to state your opinion in. It's the equivalent of ignoring other people and shouting over them to get attention.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 09:40 AM
krabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
You're new to these boards, so it's understandable...but don't go starting new threads when there's a perfectly good one to state your opinion in. It's the equivalent of ignoring other people and shouting over them to get attention.
I have 600 posts under an old user name, and using the title was only a parody to a completely different type of thread

but I thank you for you arrogance, you are like sweet summer rain in an otherwise dreary day

krabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 50
Quote:
I have 600 posts under an old user name, and using the title was only a parody to a completely different type of thread

but I thank you for you arrogance, you are like sweet summer rain in an otherwise dreary day
BladesofSteel is right krabby, there was no need to start this thread. You could have just as easily put all of this stuff in Part 1.

Also I didn't find him to be arrogant at all, how was he supposed to know that you had 600 posts under an old user name. Besides, this is something (Starting new threads on the same subject) that a NOOB would do anyways.

Oh btw....hopefully your day becomes more cheerful and less dreary

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 11:45 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:

the guy was right... don't start a thread when there's already on for this talk.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 11:49 AM
GSK*

Quote:

You admit that you have a second account ?

Thats an automatic ban I think...

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Nobak

Quote:

There goes your only excuse for starting this thread.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 12:18 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Paragraphs much?