HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dunham

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2003, 08:05 AM
RANGER#11

vCash: 500
Dunham

Is it just me or has he been playing awful lately. I certainly do not blame him for the shape of the team as of late but he just seems off his game big time.

Old
12-14-2003, 08:12 AM
Hankenstein

HE definitely looks different thats for sure. I'm not sure if its the groin or what, but he looks slow, out of position and seems to be going down WAY too early.

Personally I like our chances with Jussi lately.

Old
12-14-2003, 08:21 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Do we have a full time goalie coach?

Old
12-15-2003, 08:40 AM
RANGER#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
Do we have a full time goalie coach?
I don't think we do but do not hold me to that. Sure would love to see Richter in that position.

Old
12-15-2003, 08:51 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER#11
I don't think we do but do not hold me to that. Sure would love to see Richter in that position.
I'm not sure how good Richter would be as a goalie coach. He was never the most technichally sound goalie. He made up for it by having some of the best legs in the NHL. Unfortuneately, Richter can't teach that natural ability.

I think Richter would be a good color-man on either TV or radio. He won't get the job ahead of JD, but he would have to be better than Brian Mullen.

Old
12-15-2003, 09:06 AM
drewcon40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER#11
Isn't Samuel St. Laurent our goalie coach? It's funny that was brought up because the other night on TV, I noticed him on the bench the other night during warm ups.

There are a lot of Nashville fans that were glad to see Dunham go and Voukon get the full time job last year. It dosen't seem so from a Ranger perspective but some fans stated that Dunham was a locker room cancer and was unhappy, etc., etc.

I wouldn't mind seeing Markannen get some more action if Dunham is struggling. I don't have a high expectation this season so I don't see any risk in going with Markkanen and Dunham splitting 50/50 until the latter gets his confidence back.

Old
12-15-2003, 09:14 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40
There are a lot of Nashville fans that were glad to see Dunham go
Who cares? Dunham's been a horse for this team since the day he got here. Ok, for the past 3 weeks he hasn't been able to mask the horror show in front of him. It would be nice to see his teammates step up and cover for him in a slump the way he's done the same for them.

You are right though, we gotta ride Jussi now. He's getting wins and playing well. Only Sather would fail to exploit the advantage of having 2 capable stoppers.

Old
12-15-2003, 09:28 AM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40
Isn't Samuel St. Laurent our goalie coach? It's funny that was brought up because the other night on TV, I noticed him on the bench the other night during warm ups.
Yes, but he also scouts for the organization, so he's not around all the time. I'm still baffled as to how a team can bring in an 18-year-old goalie and not have a full-time goalie coach.

Old
12-15-2003, 09:32 AM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
I'm not sure how good Richter would be as a goalie coach. He was never the most technichally sound goalie. He made up for it by having some of the best legs in the NHL. Unfortuneately, Richter can't teach that natural ability.

I think Richter would be a good color-man on either TV or radio. He won't get the job ahead of JD, but he would have to be better than Brian Mullen.
I agree with you there. Richter had great reflexes and might have been the fastest goalie in the NHL in terms of going post-to-post, but he was never technically sound. A better goaie coach would be a former goalie who was not very talented but made it almost entirely on his technique.

And I'd love to hear Richter doing color commentary, but does he talk too much to be part of a broadcast TEAM?

Old
12-15-2003, 09:37 AM
Fletch

Unfortunately, he's only been decent...

and not stellar. In his last five he's won one and lost four. He's given up 2 goals (in 42 minutes), 2, 3, 2, and 3. His save % over that time is .914 and GAA 2.57. HIs support scored on goals twice and two goals another time while losing 3 games by one goal.

Those aren't numbers that this team should go 1-4 with. Heck, the Rangers score one goals and give up 37 shots in Toronto - did they expect to win that game?

Old
12-15-2003, 09:40 AM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
I'm still baffled as to how a team can bring in an 18-year-old goalie and not have a full-time goalie coach.

Hey, Hockey's different here.

(man that NEVER gets old )

Old
12-15-2003, 09:42 AM
Kodiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown
Hey, Hockey's different here.

(man that NEVER gets old )
That's because it's still true.

Old
12-15-2003, 11:50 AM
Larry Melnyk

Dunham's play is nothing to be surprised about...Other then for a half a year, some of the words that could be used to describe his NHL career are inconsistent, mediocre and injury-plagued..And it really doesn't appear if anything hasn't changed...

That doesn't mean I weant to go out and get a Joseph or Burke but that until Blackburn or Lundqvist emerge or Markannen alsk becomes consistent, our goaltending will be average...ANd we need much more then that with such lack of passion, a porous defense, and lack of defensive system

Closed Thread