HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

UFAs 08/09

Old
03-12-2007, 10:11 AM
johnny_rudeboy

vCash: 500
UFAs 08/09

Ok, this seasons list of UFAs looks ok but the season after seem to be the season when teams wanna have some extra cap space to maybe change the face of the franchise in many areas. NYR will have lots of extra cap space aviable even if the cap doesnt goes up and no big name players have been brought in before ofcourse.

Centers: Langkow, Marleau, Thornton, Morrison,
Left wingers: Naslund, Thornton,
Right wingers: Hossa, Heatly, Iginla, Demitra, Rolston, Vyborny, JP Dumont,
Defenders: Dan Boyle, Redden, Regehr, Kalinin, Campbell, Tverdovski, Zubov, Lidstrom, Liles
Goalies: Huet, Toskala, Hedberg, Kiprusoff, Bryzgalow,

Kasparaitis, Malik, Rozsival, Straka, and Mara all become UFA and free up around $10m in cap space on D.
Straka and Nylander (team option for 07/08) will become UFA and free up $5m, if Jagr who have a player option for 08/09 decide to leave with his line mates then there is even more money aviable to spend.

NYR could depending on who they sign in the summer have $15-20m to spend on UFAs and resigning players for.

Players in bold would look extra good in Ranger blue.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 10:17 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

I wouldn't mind seeing Dany Heatly in Rangers blue!

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 10:52 AM
broadwayblue

It would be nice if you listed the ages that those UFA's will be next summer. I mean Zubov, who you would like for the Rangers, will be 38 next July. Do you really want to sign him? Any high priced UFA signings should be part of a long term plan, and have the ability to play at a top level for 5 or so years at a minimum.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 10:52 AM
JRGNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
Ok, this seasons list of UFAs looks ok but the season after seem to be the season when teams wanna have some extra cap space to maybe change the face of the franchise in many areas. NYR will have lots of extra cap space aviable even if the cap doesnt goes up and no big name players have been brought in before ofcourse.

Defenders: Dan Boyle, Redden, Regehr, Kalinin, Campbell, Tverdovski, Zubov, Lidstrom, Liles

Kasparaitis, Malik, Rozsival, Straka, and Mara all become UFA and free up around $10m in cap space on D.
Straka and Nylander (team option for 07/08) will become UFA and free up $5m, if Jagr who have a player option for 08/09 decide to leave with his line mates then there is even more money aviable to spend.

NYR could depending on who they sign in the summer have $15-20m to spend on UFAs and resigning players for.

Zubov will be 38 that summer. Pass.

Tverdovsky has 4 assists in 26 games in LA. Wasn't he waived? I think he's in the AHL. Another pass.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 11:16 AM
score77

Send a message via AIM to score77
Quote:

i have corrected ur bolds for my views

score77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Ola

IMO we should just keep retooling while Jagr is here. Of course Thornton would be great, but the odds of that happening are really small.

2009-2010 Evegeni Malkin becomes a RFA. Crosby will lead the league in salary. If we match Crosby's dollar in a 6-7 year offersheet for Malkin I think Pittsburgh would let him go. You can't have two guys making 10-11m per season. Pitts will also start to commit more dollars on other players and try to have a contender on ice as soon as next season, and defenitly by the season after that.

Its a long shot, and allot can happend. But Malkin will defenitly be worth it, he got franchise potential. He is the type of player that can run a really succesful 1st line with linemates like Prucha/Avery/Pyatt/Callahan.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:12 PM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
IMO we should just keep retooling while Jagr is here. Of course Thornton would be great, but the odds of that happening are really small.

2009-2010 Evegeni Malkin becomes a RFA. Crosby will lead the league in salary. If we match Crosby's dollar in a 6-7 year offersheet for Malkin I think Pittsburgh would let him go. You can't have two guys making 10-11m per season. Pitts will also start to commit more dollars on other players and try to have a contender on ice as soon as next season, and defenitly by the season after that.

Its a long shot, and allot can happend. But Malkin will defenitly be worth it, he got franchise potential. He is the type of player that can run a really succesful 1st line with linemates like Prucha/Avery/Pyatt/Callahan.
I think we are fine with the youth that we have. Lets give them a chance. If we need to grab a big name - I think we should grab a center because that is what we seem to be always talking about.

Hossa - Joe T - Jagr

Hossa would be a 40 goal scorer! :-)/
Jagr might net 60!

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:17 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
I think we are fine with the youth that we have. Lets give them a chance. If we need to grab a big name - I think we should grab a center because that is what we seem to be always talking about.

Hossa - Joe T - Jagr

Jagr might net 60!
JT would be the kind of guy to go for. He's the center we need, and he'll have just turned 29 next summer. The question is, how much does he cost for 5 years?

Old
03-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

things can change in a hurry in 1 years time. look at Zherdev. he went from being untouchable to unplayable in a year.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:31 PM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post

Hossa - Joe T - Jagr

Jagr might net 60!
When I say Hossa, I mean Marcel.. Not Marian. :-)

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
JT would be the kind of guy to go for. He's the center we need, and he'll have just turned 29 next summer. The question is, how much does he cost for 5 years?
Yeah, but what are the odds of getting him frmo SJ? Saddly I think they are really small... We can't start offering him 15m pre season...

Old
03-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Hossa is the guy I want most. hopefully his brother gives us an edge.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 03:28 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Will Jagr still be playing the season after that 08/09 summer?

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 03:29 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Yeah, but what are the odds of getting him frmo SJ? Saddly I think they are really small... We can't start offering him 15m pre season...
Isnt the league max close to $8m per season? If he was given the 5 years, a NTC and the chance to become a Ranger I cant see him turning it down.

And yes, Marian Hossa as a RW would probably do the trick if he had second thoughts.

Old
03-12-2007, 03:50 PM
MrAlfie

Hossa , Thornton and Redden are the 3 guys Id like sather to go for

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Taz

Joe Thornton is my #1 Choice, the guy is perfect for what we need to build around.

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 04:36 PM
mucker*

Quote:

PIT likely will be smart and give all of them extenstion before, locking them up, they won't let these guys leave or be caught napping.
They waited a long time, and with a new arena, I would think they'd go the Cleveland Indian way of locking people up, don't forget the cap keeps rising, players have an easier time being resigned.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 05:06 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
Hossa , Thornton and Redden are the 3 guys Id like sather to go for
To land that trio... Im drooling already.

Old
03-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Ola

Quote:
Isnt the league max close to $8m per season? If he was given the 5 years, a NTC and the chance to become a Ranger I cant see him turning it down.

And yes, Marian Hossa as a RW would probably do the trick if he had second thoughts.
Its just that with Joe T I don't see a reason for SJ not to offer him every single $ we will offer him.

They got money. He is their team. He is worth more for them then anyone else.

In Pittsburg Crosby is the guy. Jordan Staal won't be cheap. Marc-Andre Fleury won't be cheap. These guys are still really young, and its defenitly possible that they will commit to pretty cheap longterm contracts untill they are 26-27. But I also think there are some potential to steal Malkin before that. If Crosby gets lets say 8m per season, could they match a 10m/per, 5 years offer for Malkin? That could leave them in a situation were they would have to choose between gooing with 2 mega stars with bad surrondings, or a team lead by Crosby and great backup.

BTW, there wasn't a individual cap in the CBA? There were talk, but did they get it in? I don't remember hearing about it, could be wrong though...

Its probably just wishful thinking and daydreaming on my part, but I would love to see it happend!

Old
03-12-2007, 05:17 PM
John Torturella

Marcel and Marian. Lets sign Marcel now so we have a recruiter to get his brother

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 05:18 PM
John Torturella

Also,atthis point wont Jagr be a UFA??

Old
03-12-2007, 05:20 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Its just that with Joe T I don't see a reason for SJ not to offer him every single $ we will offer him.

They got money. He is their team. He is worth more for them then anyone else.

In Pittsburg Crosby is the guy. Jordan Staal won't be cheap. Marc-Andre Fleury won't be cheap. These guys are still really young, and its defenitly possible that they will commit to pretty cheap longterm contracts untill they are 26-27. But I also think there are some potential to steal Malkin before that. If Crosby gets lets say 8m per season, could they match a 10m/per, 5 years offer for Malkin? That could leave them in a situation were they would have to choose between gooing with 2 mega stars with bad surrondings, or a team lead by Crosby and great backup.

BTW, there wasn't a individual cap in the CBA? There were talk, but did they get it in? I don't remember hearing about it, could be wrong though...

Its probably just wishful thinking and daydreaming on my part, but I would love to see it happend!
There is an individual cap in place. It's 20% of the cap on any 1 player. So if the cap were to be raised to 50m in the next year or two, the player cap would be 10m.

Old
03-12-2007, 05:25 PM
John Torturella

Is there a website with this list?

Old
03-12-2007, 05:31 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote: